Darlo Uncovered v2.5

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikkyx
Site Admin

Darlo Uncovered v2.5

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

I'm hoping to do some improvements to DU over the summer to fix things that are broken or add new things that never quite made the cut first time round.

I don't think it's going to be a full redesign - just the odd tweak here and there. Evolution, not revolution and so on.

Things I already intend to work on:
  • Creation of galleries on-site, removing Scott's need for Photobucket
  • Moving the site into the Bootstrap framework allowing for proper responsive layout instead of the split mobile / desktop views we currently have
  • Finishing off all the admin features so I don't have to do half the stuff via phpMyAdmin....
If there are any bugs you need to remind me to fix, things you want me to take a look at (maybe you don't like the way something works?) or features you would like to request get added as part of this work, this thread is the place to do it.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo Uncovered v2.5

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 11:14 am

There's some kind of filter on Darlo Cockney's posts where they all come out as complete and utter nonsense that looks like it has been written by an know-all-know-knowt student.

Is that something you can fix?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 am

mikkyx wrote:If there are any bugs you need to remind me to fix, things you want me to take a look at (maybe you don't like the way something works?) or features you would like to request get added as part of this work, this thread is the place to do it.
Yeh theres a problem that usually occurs when some cockney geezer starts posting after a night at the pub, we get lots of spam and bullshit on the boards. Is there a cure for this?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am

Spyman wrote:There's some kind of filter on Darlo Cockney's posts where they all come out as complete and utter nonsense that looks like it has been written by an know-all-know-knowt student.

Definitely not a problem with my computer then! Seem to affect others too. Needs sorting Mikky!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 am

I should probably have pointed out I wasn't looking for ways to improve the forum in this topic :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 am

loan_star wrote:
mikkyx wrote:If there are any bugs you need to remind me to fix, things you want me to take a look at (maybe you don't like the way something works?) or features you would like to request get added as part of this work, this thread is the place to do it.
Yeh theres a problem that usually occurs when some cockney geezer starts posting after a night at the pub, we get lots of spam and bullshit on the boards. Is there a cure for this?
Ha - that is uncanny!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 am

:lol:

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri May 03, 2013 11:51 am

Spyman wrote:There's some kind of filter on Darlo Cockney's posts where they all come out as complete and utter nonsense that looks like it has been written by an know-all-know-knowt student.

:lol:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Right, anyway..... any serious suggestions?

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Some uncovered styling for the new table tags would be good.
If you're using bootstrap though (and why wouldn't you?), we can use the utility classes.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Christophano wrote:Some uncovered styling for the new table tags would be good.
If you're using bootstrap though (and why wouldn't you?), we can use the utility classes.
Yeh, what he said about bootstraps.

DC

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 03, 2013 2:11 pm

There's a whole forum theme based on Bootstrap here: http://cegtechforum.com/forum/viewforum ... f29bb0d7b0 - I'm hoping to somehow shoehorn that into the layout. It's great.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 2:22 pm

mikkyx wrote:
There's a whole forum theme based on Bootstrap here: http://cegtechforum.com/forum/viewforum ... f29bb0d7b0 - I'm hoping to somehow shoehorn that into the layout. It's great.
You could do some interesting lacing techniques as well if you buckle down to it.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri May 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Don't get yourself all tied up in this upgrade though Micky, you're the sole web designer on this site and going hell for leather won't do you any good.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm

mikkyx wrote:
I would kick that idea into touch, we don't want a sole-less design.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 2:58 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
mikkyx wrote:
I would kick that idea into touch, we don't want a sole-less design.
Yep, give it the boot. How much heeling does this site really need?

DC

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Fri May 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Mikky - I've got tongues of ideas if you're looking for feetures toe cap things off.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

This hasn't gone in the direction Mikky wanted it to at all, has it lads. Sandals.

DC

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Think it needs Service Management too so we have SLA's, and appropriate incident, problem and change management.

I'm available at a modest £500 a day.

Plus expenses.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 pm

i've flipflop'd and i think no major changes to avoid any slipper up's
Think before posting

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Improving this website would be a difficult feet, and the new one might be a load of old cobblers anyways.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Too many will dig their heels in to resist change.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 pm

The new website would certainly have big shoes to fill but Micky will kick himself if he doesn't at least give it a go. If he thinks he can improve things then why knot?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 pm

It'll always be uncovered though, in heart and insole.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 am

As for the forum, would it be possible to disallow any posts with the word "kitchen" in the subject line. I usually report about 4 spammy posts a day (probably before most of you lot get up on a morning, so you might not see them) and they're all for fitted kitchens.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg