That is how you celebrate winning a trophy!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc1883
Team Supported: Darlington

That is how you celebrate winning a trophy!

Post by dfc1883 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 am

What a great night that was in the Dolphin Centre at the presentation evening, we were told "this is your trophy as much as it is ours, pass it round, take as many photos as you want, unlike 2011 when the FA Trophy was locked away for no one to see".

I chatted to a few players and was very impressed with their attitude towards the club "the club is bigger than the players, and it's a privilege to be involved" - Gary Brown. Steven Thompson saying he used nearly all of his holiday days from work to play for us in midweek really impressed me too, the fact that he showed that level of commitment to our team is fantastic.

Once the disco ended and the music stopped every Darlington player took turns to stand on a table and start the crowd off singing a Darlington song, then Martin Gray shouted "everyone to joes bar" and players and fans followed packing the place out and singing Darlington songs drowning out the regular music. The look on the staffs face was priceless, they didn't know what was going on.

That is how you celebrate winning a trophy! Brilliant night!

We just reminded the town of Darlington that we still have a football club, it's still ours and we're going places!

Keep spreading the word!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Re: That is how you celebrate winning a trophy!

Post by mikkyx » Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 am

Just hope Thomma was allowed to rearrange those holidays around our many, many postponements. :D

Was a fantastic night!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 am

Absolute brilliant night, joe's bar was bouncing!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 04, 2013 11:35 am

An amazing night to celebrate an amazing season both on and off the pitch :clap: Av got a bit of a sore head today but it was worth it. The players and supporters celebrated as one. I wanted last night to last forever ..... Absolutely priceless ..... :thumbup:

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

What a brilliant night and I must say the whole team are a great bunch of lads. They have been fantastic on the pitch and fantastic off it,each and every one a credit to our team and town. Thank you for a truly great year .

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sat May 04, 2013 2:07 pm

I cannot imagine that winning the Northern League has ever meant so much to a club and its fans or been celebrated in such style.

All being well we will have to do it all again next year.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 04, 2013 3:02 pm

dfc1883 wrote:Once the disco ended and the music stopped every Darlington player took turns to stand on a table and start the crowd off singing a Darlington song, then Martin Gray shouted "everyone to joes bar" and players and fans followed packing the place out and singing Darlington songs drowning out the regular music. The look on the staffs face was priceless, they didn't know what was going on.
The video was priceless. :lol:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat May 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah agree, was great viewing

darlodan

Post by darlodan » Sat May 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Fantastic night ...well done to everyone involved. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

I reckon you could get pissed just by inhaling the fumes from that video :lol:

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Was great talking to various individual players who were clearly buzzing and said they were so proud to be playing for a team with such fantastic support. Steve Johnson was just something else last night. His passion for the club he loves so much isn't just evident when he is on the field. It was like having a conversation with another of my Darlo mad mates. All the players clearly loved last night but SJ was absolutely ecstatic. What a fantastic lad!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 04, 2013 5:33 pm

it was a great night. The players were great and were always available for a hello or a picture. Hopefully we also made some cash on the night. £3 per man, and I presume the dolly won't have charged us if we guaranteed them a few hundred.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 am

.... at last my sore head has eased .... would just like to thank all those unsung and largely anonymous heroes behind the scenes who organised Friday night .... Well done guys. I will treasure the memories for the rest of my life .... and no doubt everyone else will too.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm

AIDO wrote:.... at last my sore head has eased .... would just like to thank all those unsung and largely anonymous heroes behind the scenes who organised Friday night .... Well done guys. I will treasure the memories for the rest of my life .... and no doubt everyone else will too.

All we wanted was for a good mix of supporters to be able to mix with the team and have a good night to celebrate. I think we managed to pull that off, our only regret is we couldn't fit everyone who would of wanted to be there into the room.