spenny/guernsey

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerray
Team Supported: Darlington

spenny/guernsey

Post by quakerray » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 pm

spenny 1-0 up so looks like wembley beckons

4-1 up agg

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Re: spenny/guernsey

Post by Quakers1883 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 pm

1-0 FT
FORZA DARLO

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Excellent news for both us and them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Que sera

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:03 pm

well done,enjoy the day out, i know we all did 2 years ago.
are you gonna concentrate on the league now :)

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Went along to the match, Spenny dominated the 2nd half and were deserved winners. Mainly stood with the Guernsey fans and they all wished us luck in the league and them started chanting Darlington :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... vPW6FrqVnI

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Big Tim wrote:Went along to the match, Spenny dominated the 2nd half and were deserved winners. Mainly stood with the Guernsey fans and they all wished us luck in the league and them started chanting Darlington :lol:

Great summary Tim. Guernsey did OK but lacked a final ball. Dodds was immense 2nd half as were Spenny to be fair. Surprised Graydon was out. Well done Spenny anyway.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Big Tim wrote:Went along to the match, Spenny dominated the 2nd half and were deserved winners. Mainly stood with the Guernsey fans and they all wished us luck in the league and them started chanting Darlington :lol:

:lol: Nice one GFC :clap:
FORZA DARLO

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am

Went along after our game.
Spenny were worthy winners. Guernsey did not have a shot on target for Dean to save, until late in the game and then that was a weak effort.
If Darlo had been in the Vase, going on what I have seen this year at other clubs as well as our own performances, we would be at Wembley.
It would have been a unique double -- Trophy and Vase winners in such a short length of time.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 pm

What were the attendances at Spenny & Shildon yesterday ?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 pm

There was apparently 2,000+ at Spenny. Dunno about Shildon but there looked a good crowd in the goal highlights.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:What were the attendances at Spenny & Shildon yesterday ?
901 at Shildon and 1,638 at Spennymoor.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Did shildon win then?

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:53 pm

AndyPark wrote:Did shildon win then?
Shildon won 3-2 but went out 4-3 on aggregate

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Ahh shame, would of been good for an all Northern League final. Good luck to Spendymoor then :)

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 pm

AndyPark wrote:Ahh shame, would of been good for an all Northern League final. Good luck to Spendymoor then :)
As much as I would like an all Northern League final, it could have been the final nail in the coffin for finals played at Wembley, I think last years game between Dunston and Wank Auckland was lower than 20000 while finals before it was get 30+ from what I remember
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Ahh shame, would of been good for an all Northern League final. Good luck to Spendymoor then :)
As much as I would like an all Northern League final, it could have been the final nail in the coffin for finals played at Wembley, I think last years game between Dunston and Wank Auckland was lower than 20000 while finals before it was get 30+ from what I remember
20000? only if it was everyone was counted 4 times. Crowd was 5000 and most Vase finals have had less than 10000 save 2007 which was 1st game at the new Wembley

Crowds at Vase finals make me if they should play it on same day as FA Trophy final - ie 2 games one ticket - hopefully make it a non league day out

You are right re another all Northern League final being the final nail in Vase at Wembley

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:16 pm

spen666 wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:
20000? only if it was everyone was counted 4 times. Crowd was 5000 and most Vase finals have had less than 10000 save 2007 which was 1st game at the new Wembley

Crowds at Vase finals make me if they should play it on same day as FA Trophy final - ie 2 games one ticket - hopefully make it a non league day out

You are right re another all Northern League final being the final nail in Vase at Wembley
I actually thought the Average Vase Final averaged around 30k since Wembley re-opened, I may have been thinking about the FA Trophy.

The Trophy and Vase being played on the same day is a good idea, but would the Police buy into the idea, 4 sets of fans in the same place, I know the teams are not exactly the most high profile teams, but any mix of fans can be awkward to deal with, and how much turnaround would be needed between games, to get fans out from one game and getting people in for the next game, or would you like to see it done as some kind of non-League awareness day with tickets being valid for both games
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
spen666 wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:

I actually thought the Average Vase Final averaged around 30k since Wembley re-opened, I may have been thinking about the FA Trophy.

The Trophy and Vase being played on the same day is a good idea, but would the Police buy into the idea, 4 sets of fans in the same place, I know the teams are not exactly the most high profile teams, but any mix of fans can be awkward to deal with, and how much turnaround would be needed between games, to get fans out from one game and getting people in for the next game, or would you like to see it done as some kind of non-League awareness day with tickets being valid for both games

I was thinking of one ticket for both games. Still be less than 60000 at Wembley so could still get fans of 4 teams in and probably segregate the. Would take some planning but not worse than crowd issues at an England game with lots of different fans frfferent teamsom di

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Guernsey have only gone and got themselves promoted, massive effort and well done

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Mon May 06, 2013 9:43 pm

wow, 7 wins in 10 days. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22425517

a premiership player wouldnt play that many. chelsea were whinging about playing 7 in 16 days

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 am

Bogratsteve wrote:Guernsey have only gone and got themselves promoted, massive effort and well done
Yep, something like 20 games in 30 days wasn't it?

Highly impressive getting promoted, giving their all in the Vase and completing their fixtures on time. Amos should take a look at their stables.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bigfatpete
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigfatpete » Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Guernsey were allowed in to the Combined Counties League on the basis that all of their home games were played at the weekends when the visiting sides could get there. In addition to that, they agreed to pay transport and accommodation costs for their visitors.
Of course, the Northern League could have done the same for new clubs being parachuted into their First Division, but they didn't.
Enjoy the Northern Premier Division One (North) - you should win it comfortably as most of the teams are not up to Northern League 1 standard.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Wed May 08, 2013 6:02 pm

bigfatpete wrote:Of course, the Northern League could have done the same for new clubs being parachuted into their First Division, but they didn't.
Of course they couldn't, you tool.
Guernsey are an island out in the channel (and closer to France than England) so they were a special case.
In what way would it translate that we're lucky the NL didn't make us (and I suppose, Durham) play all of our matches at the weekend (I would've loved that) and pay all travelling expenses for the opposition?

Absolutely ridiculous attempt at trolling.