Fundraising

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Fundraising

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Me & 2 mates had a chat the other day and have to an agreement, were going to 1 sponsored walk per season to raise funds for the club.

We are waiting for the fixtures to come out & with any luck we are looking to walk to 1 of the first away games of the new season!

All monies to be given to Darlington FC in hope they can somehow help with a new stadium fund! Maybe not a lot, but every little helps!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Fundraising

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Good on you. You still got your fundraising webpage up?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon May 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Fair play to you :clap:
Hopefully this time it wont get hjacked by MERLIN & clownscape :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Good on you. You still got your fundraising webpage up?
Nope, that got closed down a while back mate; no point keeping it after my last walk.

But sooner these fixtures come out, the better for us. Then we can organising it.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:Fair play to you :clap:
Hopefully this time it wont get hjacked by MERLIN & clownscape :lol:
I think he should be let back on the forum now these plans have been announced. I fancy a laugh from the old clown.

Seriously though good luck Andy. You don't get put off do you? Lol.
Craig Liddle is God!!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Why would I be put off?

Get to raise money for the club & have a good few days crack with me mates :)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Good luck Andy.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Good lad & good luck

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Maybe a walk from our home ground to somewhere like Bishop Auckland?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Andy, can you try to make it a game when maybe Pools aren't playing. As you know I have doubts (very big one's) that you did the last one. So I would like to do it with you then I can tell everyone you did complete it. I'll get some sponsorship and if you don't mind I'll give it to the Firefighters Charity, maybe we can do a fairly long one I'll contact fire stations and hopefully get us overnight accommodation, beats a tent.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Return_of_Fetish wrote:Andy, can you try to make it a game when maybe Pools aren't playing. As you know I have doubts (very big one's) that you did the last one. So I would like to do it with you then I can tell everyone you did complete it. I'll get some sponsorship and if you don't mind I'll give it to the Firefighters Charity, maybe we can do a fairly long one I'll contact fire stations and hopefully get us overnight accommodation, beats a tent.
Playing it safe a bit there .bob..who the f going share a room with a poolie?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Return_of_Fetish wrote:Andy, can you try to make it a game when maybe Pools aren't playing. As you know I have doubts (very big one's) that you did the last one. So I would like to do it with you then I can tell everyone you did complete it. I'll get some sponsorship and if you don't mind I'll give it to the Firefighters Charity, maybe we can do a fairly long one I'll contact fire stations and hopefully get us overnight accommodation, beats a tent.
Why would Andy care whether you think he did it or not?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 13, 2013 10:58 pm

If your serious about it, then I ain't bothered. More than welcome to join us. Where I will prove you wrong!

But you'll be waiting a while for official confirmation, as us 3 are waiting on the fixtures to be released before deciding which game to walk to.

Any queries, keep it to PM.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Bit weird...

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue May 14, 2013 6:12 am

Good luck raising money for the club Andy, but what excuse are you going to use for bollocksing it up again?

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 am

Good luck Andy.
Nice of you to let Bob tag along. As I recall, his doubts came from the extreme pace you set last time , so I hope he can keep up.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 pm

To be honest if Andy is willing which he seems to be, having a poolie (no disrespect lol) join him is a good idea, promotes community etc

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue May 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Bloody hell bob, are you still bitter about that fiver you gave him?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Bloody hell bob, are you still bitter about that fiver you gave him?
Far from it Fatty, the £5 I give to him had absolutely nothing to do with any walk it was given for your 3rd/4th/5th bucket collection (can't remember which one you've had that many :lol: :lol: ). He set a pace that was ridiculous and in nothing more than a pair of Nike (or similar) trainers. Think it allegedly took him 2 and bit days to walk something like 130 miles. I'm a sceptic nothing will convince me he actually walked it all.Now having walked from the Vic to Bootham Crescent in aid of disabled Pools player we did that in same time so you can see why I doubt him.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Ah but Andy is built like a whippet ;)
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Good effort Andy :thumbup: It didn't take long for another to jump on-board though,last time Snowscape - this time Bob.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 pm

I'll say this once though, I ain't working around you & your ideas.

- We are sticking to this idea.
- We are to do it when we are free from work etc, close to start of the season if possible for all of us.
- Doing it whether Pools are away or not.
- If your not available for the set date, then we won't be waiting around.

I am to still speak to my other walkers to see if they'd be alright with a Hartlepool fan joining es en-route; shouldn't be a problem. But still needs to be asked.

We'll discuss it more when our fixtures have come out.

So, preliminary. You best do some training for the walk :thumbup:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm

What billy bullshit are you going to come out with when you fuck this one up?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 pm

You still rhyming on & simply looking for your daily internet argument.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Ah but Andy is built like a whippet ;)
Built like a whippet? Andy's fucked then. One burst of speed and he'll be curled up asleep in front of someones fire in no time :lol:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue May 14, 2013 8:21 pm

AndyPark wrote:You still rhyming on & simply looking for your daily internet argument.
No, just asking a simple question.

Time will tell I guess.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Fetish there with an impassioned audition to play the part of 'Creepy And Oddly-Competitive Old Man Who Comes Out Of Nowhere To Stalk A Young Boy And Weird The Fuck Out Of What Should Be An Innocent Fundraising Attempt' at this year's event. A fine attempt.

Clownscape is a hard act to follow, but I thought this was a strong pitch. The firefighters stuff was nicely improvised and although it got a bit Operation Yewtree when you mentioned 'overnight accomodation' *shudder*, you've clearly got a lot of enthusiasm for the part. Thanks, Bob. Looks like Andy will be in touch so no need to post again.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

fat tony wrote:
Fetish there with an impassioned audition to play the part of 'Creepy And Oddly-Competitive Old Man Who Comes Out Of Nowhere To Stalk A Young Boy And Weird The Fuck Out Of What Should Be An Innocent Fundraising Attempt' at this year's event. A fine attempt.

Clownscape is a hard act to follow, but I thought this was a strong pitch. The firefighters stuff was nicely improvised and although it got a bit Operation Yewtree when you mentioned 'overnight accomodation' *shudder*, you've clearly got a lot of enthusiasm for the part. Thanks, Bob. Looks like Andy will be in touch so no need to post again.
:clap:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Fat Tony makes a good point,it is a bit of a worry, overnight accommodation with a stranger by the name of Return_of_Fetish.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Still no reply to this Bob? Thought you wanted me to prove you wrong?

Tell you what, don't bother with the assumption of joining us.
If you wanted to join us, you'd of been in touch by now to try sorting something out :wave: