scarbrough

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ryan2k9
Team Supported: Darlington

scarbrough

Post by Ryan2k9 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Is it true scarbrough been put in the evo-stik division 1 south just few people been saying if its true the fa are a joke scarbrough is in yorkshire man was looking forward to scarbrough home and away next season

davidcorks 40yard OG

Re: scarbrough

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri May 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Aye its true :thumbdown:

Very very strange decision IMO

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri May 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Its true enough ... Ah well Ryan bud .... you'll have to make do with Harrogate, the two Ossets and Wakefield matey. Then there's a nice day out to Kendal and their not so cosyseal stadium .... ;) . You could have a nice day out in Lancaster or even make a weekend of it .... (good night out, especially near Christmas :thumbup: ) .... If you're feeling brave you can venture down to leafy Cheshire where a whole host of clubs await .... Bridlington isn't the best place to get to ... it would've probablies have been on a Tuesday in November so no great loss ....

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri May 17, 2013 6:19 pm

They do play at Bridlington so there is a modicum of brain power behind it. I suppose you could make a case for all the transport links from there facing towards the south. Still a stupid decision mind.

Sheffield play in the south group as well. It seems to stretch all the way down to Kings Lynn!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Hopefully us and Scarborough can get promoted again then at least there could be Darlo, Whitby, Scarborough and Blyth in the Prem the year after - chuck in a couple of other clubs like Chorley, FCUM, Stafford etc and it at least becomes semi interesting.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Fri May 17, 2013 6:59 pm

There are only two teams at step 4 further north!!

oldskool han69

Post by oldskool han69 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Gutted about scarbrough

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Quakerz wrote:Hopefully us and Scarborough can get promoted again then at least there could be Darlo, Whitby, Scarborough and Blyth in the Prem the year after - chuck in a couple of other clubs like Chorley, FCUM, Stafford etc and it at least becomes semi interesting.
I was thinking the same thing. Always look on the brightside, I guess.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 pm

MKDarlo wrote:They do play at Bridlington so there is a modicum of brain power behind it. I suppose you could make a case for all the transport links from there facing towards the south. Still a stupid decision mind.

Sheffield play in the south group as well. It seems to stretch all the way down to Kings Lynn!

They will be going as far away as Sutton Coldfield and Halesowen...

When I look at maps, it looks like they pass quite a few D1N Clubs along the M62, M1 and M6 to get to the Southern Grounds.