FREE Floodlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

FREE Floodlights

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 27, 2013 12:15 pm

I assume those at the club already know, as they'll have been looking into grants etc for a new ground, but just in case...

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/club-l ... red-access

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Re: FREE Floodlights

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Grants? Don't think they're got that far yet.

Few years down the line perhaps.

In all seriousness surely we will hear something on the ground front soon. Maybe.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

TMan2000

Post by TMan2000 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Ingleby wrote:Grants? Don't think they're got that far yet.

In all seriousness surely we will hear something on the ground front soon. Maybe.
Why a few years down the line?
Stadiums/Grounds don't build themselves.

Looking at options and plans for getting back in our own stadium should be starting like yesterday.
It will take years to turn plans into reality, and i would think floodlights are a part of that.
Our Football Clubs are for life, not just for business!

Help Darlington FC: Use Amazon for your Christmas Shopping, by using the following link. Each time you buy Darlington FC gets a cut.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8 ... tive=19450

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 27, 2013 2:05 pm

TMan2000 wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Grants? Don't think they're got that far yet.

Why a few years down the line?
Stadiums/Grounds don't build themselves.

Looking at options and plans for getting back in our own stadium should be starting like yesterday.
It will take years to turn plans into reality, and i would think floodlights are a part of that.
Exactly.

Darlopc

Post by Darlopc » Mon May 27, 2013 3:25 pm

I heard a rumour that Darlo could be playing at the rugby club In the future. How much of this is true I don't know

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Mon May 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Darlopc wrote:I heard a rumour that Darlo could be playing at the rugby club In the future. How much of this is true I don't know
It would be good if we could get the whole bit of land at the rugby club. We could hire out other pitches - and make money etc.
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Darlopc

Post by Darlopc » Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Darlo Till I Die wrote:
Darlopc wrote:I heard a rumour that Darlo could be playing at the rugby club In the future. How much of this is true I don't know
It would be good if we could get the whole bit of land at the rugby club. We could hire out other pitches - and make money etc.
I wonder what the max capacity would be?

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon May 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Ingleby wrote:In all seriousness surely we will hear something on the ground front soon. Maybe.
I'd get yourself down to the next Strategy workstream meeting & hear what progress has been made first hand.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Ingleby wrote:In all seriousness surely we will hear something on the ground front soon. Maybe.
I'd get yourself down to the next Strategy workstream meeting & hear what progress has been made first hand.
When is this? Maybe it will be a topic at the Fans Forum also.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Ah the old get yourself to the meeting otherwise no leg to stand on.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm surprised how little info is shared from previous meetings.
Maybe little of interest to report, i dont know. But you'd think anyone hearing info relating to a new ground would be a Hot topic.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Ingleby wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
When is this? Maybe it will be a topic at the Fans Forum also.
Don't know to be honest, so I'd probably email contact@darlingtonfc.org or coles on here should know.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon May 27, 2013 7:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
Ah the old get yourself to the meeting otherwise no leg to stand on.
Not at all, lo - it's probably the best way to find out about what's going on with the ground though if you can make it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Unless they set up some VC or audio capability that won't be happening. I have previously mentioned remote working but got told there wasn't really anything applicable.

In all honesty, it was probably for the best, as probably would have just let people down recently!

feethams flyer

Post by feethams flyer » Thu May 30, 2013 6:12 pm

No new ground for us if we don't hurry. A couple of more promotions and we will be left with no alternative but to go back to the arena.

How far up the pyramid can we go whilst playing at HP?

Hope we aren't being led into a situation where we have to go back to the arena or turn down promotions.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 pm

feethams flyer wrote:No new ground for us if we don't hurry. A couple of more promotions and we will be left with no alternative but to go back to the arena.

Hope we aren't being led into a situation where we have to go back to the arena or turn down promotions.

The Arena will be out of the question.

See the rules on groundshare.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 pm

feethams flyer wrote:No new ground for us if we don't hurry. A couple of more promotions and we will be left with no alternative but to go back to the arena.

Step 3 mate...

From the Conference Rules
3.1 A Club’s Ground may be shared with another Club or any other club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, where sharing with a football club the Club or club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixtures at all times and, where sharing with a club engaged in another sport, the Club has priority of fixtures. A Club will not be permitted to ground share to gain promotion or to avoid relegation. Ground sharing may not be permitted when one of the sharers retains the use of another ground unless that club can show by means of a refused planning permission or similar that it cannot meet the requirements of the Criteria Document at that ground. Any Club wishing to share a ground or intending to move to a new ground must obtain the written consent of the Board. Any ground sharing for a period exceeding thirteen (13) weeks must be in writing and a written agreement must first be approved by the Board before being entered into and (except in an emergency) must be completed by 31 March in any year to be effective for the following Playing Season. A copy of the completed signed and dated agreement must be received by the Competition within fourteen days of the approval being sent to the Club.
Cant enter a groundshare to get promotion or to avoid relegation, I think with the Arena, we would probably have to go back now and be there at least 12 months with a lease for a set amount of time after that initial 12 months

That is the way I have interperated the ground regs in the past
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs