Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Kinnear LMFAO

Post by loan_star » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:10 pm

cameron-darlo wrote: Now take into account our net spend since Ashley's been here, which will be around -30Million. and people are trying the tell me the money hasn't been there to spend? talking absolute shite. reinvest the money into the squad and keep the wage structure we have = No financial suicide.

This is why the fans are annoyed, but you don't see it so there's no point in debating anymore, you've got your opinions, i've got mine. we'll leave it at that.
So how else do you expect the debt to go down? Or do you just want Ashley to caryy the debt himself and let Newcastle off with not paying it back? Deluded!! :roll:

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote: Now take into account our net spend since Ashley's been here, which will be around -30Million. and people are trying the tell me the money hasn't been there to spend? talking absolute shite. reinvest the money into the squad and keep the wage structure we have = No financial suicide.

This is why the fans are annoyed, but you don't see it so there's no point in debating anymore, you've got your opinions, i've got mine. we'll leave it at that.
So how else do you expect the debt to go down? Or do you just want Ashley to caryy the debt himself and let Newcastle off with not paying it back? Deluded!! :roll:
He paid off the debt, all of which will be included in the price when ashley eventually gets bought out.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

So anyone who wants to buy Newcastle has to pay back what Ashley paid to get the debt down? Bearing in mind only Ashley put his money where his mouth is a couple of years ago, who else do you think wants to take on the debt?

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Newcastle are the biggest club in the world. I'd be surprised if they weren't tonnes of mega-rich tycoons crawling on their hands and knees over broken glass to take over at such a historic and prestigous club.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:00 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:Newcastle are the biggest club in the world. I'd be surprised if they weren't tonnes of mega-rich tycoons crawling on their hands and knees over broken glass to take over at such a historic and prestigous club.
Poor attempt at a wind up haha.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 pm

loan_star wrote:So anyone who wants to buy Newcastle has to pay back what Ashley paid to get the debt down? Bearing in mind only Ashley put his money where his mouth is a couple of years ago, who else do you think wants to take on the debt?
Not many people would want to take on paying Ashley back, but you never know do you?.. if someone did buy him out, kept the current wage structure and invested when needed (not saying spend mega millions every transfer window) then we'd be in a better state on the pitch to match our financial stability.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
Not many people would want to take on paying Ashley back, but you never know do you?.. if someone did buy him out, kept the current wage structure and invested when needed (not saying spend mega millions every transfer window) then they'd be doing the same as Mike Ashley.
Fixed it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Not many people would want to take on paying Ashley back, but you never know do you?.. if someone did buy him out, kept the current wage structure and invested when needed (not saying spend mega millions every transfer window) then we'd be in a better state on the pitch to match our financial stability.
So would this person get a ROI? Or are they just spending x millions in order to spend their time running a football club for nothing back?

Any new owner will take out a loan to complete the purchase. That loan will need paying back - probably at a higher rate of interest than that which Ashley charged/is charging currently.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 am

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Not many people would want to take on paying Ashley back, but you never know do you?.. if someone did buy him out, kept the current wage structure and invested when needed (not saying spend mega millions every transfer window) then they'd be doing the same as Mike Ashley.
Fixed it for you.

:clap:

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 am

loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Fixed it for you.

:clap:
:lol: :clap:

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Glad Joe's back means I can enjoy this again :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUAd_Nqc-s
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:52 am

I'm sure the 'Toon Army' are delighted that Joe's mate Mick Harford is joining the coaching staff. Not a case of job's for the boys at all, oh no.

Oh and he's a Sunderland fan as well. :lol:

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

WeAreDFC wrote:I'm sure the 'Toon Army' are delighted that Joe's mate Mick Harford is joining the coaching staff. Not a case of job's for the boys at all, oh no.

He's turned down the offer. since when did a DOF need an assistant anyway? We're the only club in the League not to sign a Senior player this summer so far.
Need to concentrate on getting players 'over the line' instead of offering out pointless job roles.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Fixed it for you.

He's doing a great job of investing when needed in this transfer window isn't he?, we'll end up signing no one, again.

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:14 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
WeAreDFC wrote:I'm sure the 'Toon Army' are delighted that Joe's mate Mick Harford is joining the coaching staff. Not a case of job's for the boys at all, oh no.

He's turned down the offer. since when did a DOF need an assistant anyway?
Wonder which member of the crazy gang they'll go for now. Vinny Jones? Fash? Bobby Gould? Maybe Dennis Wise could return? :)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
Fixed it for you.

He's doing a great job of investing when needed in this transfer window isn't he?, we'll end up signing no one, again.
The season is a month away.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 am

cameron-darlo wrote:

He's turned down the offer. since when did a DOF need an assistant anyway? We're the only club in the League not to sign a Senior player this summer so far.
Need to concentrate on getting players 'over the line' instead of offering out pointless job roles.
Not true, is it. Arsenal and Man Utd have only signed kids.

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:46 am

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:

Not true, is it. Arsenal and Man Utd have only signed kids.
Not sure if they're classed as seniors or not. they're both 20 so i suppose it depends how good they are.

And the season maybe a month away but i don't get why we always leave things until the last minute, new players should be bought in time for Pre-season so they can bed in with the squad, we always lose out on Targets because we're too slow to get things done. bites us on the arse every single time. Apparently we've been in 'advanced talks' with Gomis for 2 days and not Spurs are sniffing around.. no contest between Us and Spurs.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Newcastle fans expect too much, and think they're bigger than they actually are.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:17 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:we always lose out on Targets because we're too slow to get things done. bites us on the arse every single time. Apparently we've been in 'advanced talks' with Gomis for 2 days and not Spurs are sniffing around.. no contest between Us and Spurs.
But there you have it - as you openly admit, you're not as big a club, or as attractive a proposition, as Tottenham.

If a player wants to sign for you, he will. If he is hanging around for a couple of days then chances are he's playing you to make someone else make a move. This isn't new, and it doesn't only happen to Newcastle.

At the end of the day, Ashley has done pretty well in the transfer market so far. Some talented players have come through the doors at Newcastle over the last few years, mostly at good prices, and those that have left have generally moved 'up the ladder' in deals that have seen them end up at bigger clubs and that have seen Newcastle come out of it having made a bit of money.

For what it is worth, I think Newcastle have a reasonable squad which doesn't need a lot of strengthening. They were very unlucky with injuries last season and I think that with a little more luck this season, the squad you have at the moment will get you a comfortable mid-table finish, and possibly a bit more.

Collocini, Kebab, Guttierez, Tiote, Cisse (if he stops fannying about) is a good core.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Spyman wrote: Collocini, Kebab, Guttierez, Tiote, Cisse (if he stops fannying about) is a good core.
I agree Newcastle's squad is better than how it performed last year and should it perform to potential then they should be in for a comfortable mid table 8th - 12th place finish. This is why I sort of think Kinnear may have been brought in to unsettled Alan Pardew so he walks rather than needing paying out of his ridiculously long contract!

Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Taylor(?), Santon (?), Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Cisse

That's a pretty solid line up bar the players I have put ? marks against. Don't know enought about Haidara to know if he is considerably better than Santon. That Yanga-Mbiwa didn't overly impress me though.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Spyman wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:we always lose out on Targets because we're too slow to get things done. bites us on the arse every single time. Apparently we've been in 'advanced talks' with Gomis for 2 days and not Spurs are sniffing around.. no contest between Us and Spurs.
But there you have it - as you openly admit, you're not as big a club, or as attractive a proposition, as Tottenham.

If a player wants to sign for you, he will. If he is hanging around for a couple of days then chances are he's playing you to make someone else make a move. This isn't new, and it doesn't only happen to Newcastle.

At the end of the day, Ashley has done pretty well in the transfer market so far. Some talented players have come through the doors at Newcastle over the last few years, mostly at good prices, and those that have left have generally moved 'up the ladder' in deals that have seen them end up at bigger clubs and that have seen Newcastle come out of it having made a bit of money.

For what it is worth, I think Newcastle have a reasonable squad which doesn't need a lot of strengthening. They were very unlucky with injuries last season and I think that with a little more luck this season, the squad you have at the moment will get you a comfortable mid-table finish, and possibly a bit more.

Collocini, Kebab, Guttierez, Tiote, Cisse (if he stops fannying about) is a good core.
Spurs are a Champions league chasing club and are a London club.. there's just no comparison. We need strengthening in this window, its a must. at the moment we have 1 senior striker in Shola. This Cisse saga doesn't look as if its going to be sorted for a long while, he's been left out of our trip to Portugal.

Cabaye will probably be sold, Gutierrez isn't as good as some people make out, he's absolutely shocking. the only thing he brings to the side is hard work. but you need more than that at premiership level, not good enough and he showed that all of last season. one of our problems last season was a lot of our Seniors didn't have the bottle to step up, and one of them was Tiote, he was absolutely shocking. in my eyes we need 1 CB. (don't rate Williamson and i'm not Confident in Taylor's ability), 2 Strikers. (Shola is awful and Cisse will probably leave, saying that we probably need 2 strikers even with Cisse still here)
I know we have Gouffran but he's preferred out wide. and a Right back. (only have Debuchy now Simpson has left)

To be fair, it probably doesn't matter if we sign anyone or not because either way its going to be another season of absolute dross with Pardew in charge. he'll find a way to ruin them. he's most defiantly let last years top 5 finish go to his head... And looking back i have no idea how he managed it. last season was probably the worst i've experienced as a Newcastle fan, barring the relegation season. and that was down to the way we played and the Formations Pardew used.. and the players not stepping up.

We defiantly won't finish top 10 this season, and that will be due to being to slow to get incoming's 'over the line', fannying about making up Job roles, and bad tactics.

Every club in the league seems to be moving in the transfer market barring us, we're being left behind by the lights of Norwich, Sunderland & every club we finished around last season. it'll end in Tears and it'll be the fans left picking up the pieces again.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote: Collocini, Kebab, Guttierez, Tiote, Cisse (if he stops fannying about) is a good core.
I agree Newcastle's squad is better than how it performed last year and should it perform to potential then they should be in for a comfortable mid table 8th - 12th place finish. This is why I sort of think Kinnear may have been brought in to unsettled Alan Pardew so he walks rather than needing paying out of his ridiculously long contract!

Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Taylor(?), Santon (?), Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Cisse

That's a pretty solid line up bar the players I have put ? marks against. Don't know enought about Haidara to know if he is considerably better than Santon. That Yanga-Mbiwa didn't overly impress me though.
There should be Question marks against Tiote, Cabaye, & Cisse as well. they were all poor last season. not so much Cisse because he got barely any service, but he needs to learn the offside rule!

Haidara is better defensively than Santon, M'biwa will come good this season i think, in his first game in Europe he was our stand out player, just needs to get up to speed with the premiership. He played at LB a couple of times and he looked much more comfortable.

Its unfair to judge any of the new signings given the situation we were in when they arrived.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Haidara is better defensively than Santon, M'biwa will come good this season i think, in his first game in Europe he was our stand out player, just needs to get up to speed with the premiership. He played at LB a couple of times and he looked much more comfortable.
Thought he was meant to be a centre half?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Cameron, when did 'the fans' pick up the pieces last?

I was under the impression that it was Mike Ashley who picked up the pieces when John and Douglas Hall got fed up of funding the club?

DC

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:09 pm

lo36789 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:Haidara is better defensively than Santon, M'biwa will come good this season i think, in his first game in Europe he was our stand out player, just needs to get up to speed with the premiership. He played at LB a couple of times and he looked much more comfortable.
Thought he was meant to be a centre half?
He is but he can play LB as well, played there for Montpellier.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Spyman wrote:Cameron, when did 'the fans' pick up the pieces last?

I was under the impression that it was Mike Ashley who picked up the pieces when John and Douglas Hall got fed up of funding the club?
Okay maybe not picking up the pieces, but the fans will always be there supporting the team is what i meant

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:30 am

cameron-darlo wrote:Okay maybe not picking up the pieces, but the fans will always be there supporting the team is what i meant
Apart from that time pre Keegans first managerial appointment when crowds hovered around the 12-15000 mark. And the times last season when the ground was around half full for cup matches. If I could be arsed I could probably track a few more periods when the loyal geordies failed to even fill half the ground ;)

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:23 pm

loan_star wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:Okay maybe not picking up the pieces, but the fans will always be there supporting the team is what i meant
Apart from that time pre Keegans first managerial appointment when crowds hovered around the 12-15000 mark. And the times last season when the ground was around half full for cup matches. If I could be arsed I could probably track a few more periods when the loyal geordies failed to even fill half the ground ;)
I can't remember Keegan's first time in Charge. Cup games are pretty irrelevant because every club gets lower attendances in cup games, and we've every really got far enough in a cup competition to attract a huge crowd for a Home game, the worst attendance i remember is 19k against spurs in the earlier rounds of the Carling cup, which yes, is pretty poor.

Saying that though, despite nearly getting relegated last season, we had the 10th highest average attendance in Europe last season. averaging 50k.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:26 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19922635

This probably helps.

He's a horrible man that Ashley with his cheap ticket prices.