Darlo Uncovered Fund

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo Uncovered Fund

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Ingleby wrote:Hi as the original poster I have received questions in regards to donations.

Please can we have contact details of those responsible for the management of this fund so they know who to contact with their queries.

I hope this isn't too much to ask.
Was Loan_Star involved. Don't quote me on that but I am sure he is involved.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Hi as the original poster I have received questions in regards to donations.

Please can we have contact details of those responsible for the management of this fund so they know who to contact with their queries.

Was Loan_Star involved. Don't quote me on that but I am sure he is involved.
Yes he is
M I C R A 3

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:43 am

Given you are the original poster and made claim that "We will try to provide regular updates on the balance and payments being made into the account as often as possible.".

How did you propose to do this without contact details? Or did you make that promise on behalf of somebody else?

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Given you are the original poster and made claim that "We will try to provide regular updates on the balance and payments being made into the account as often as possible.".

How did you propose to do this without contact details? Or did you make that promise on behalf of somebody else?
This was a copy and paste job from the article released from those that set this up.

I proposed nothing.

PS In fact I even linked to the article
http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news/1135
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:33 am

haha by posting it it does look a little bit like you have taken some sort of ownership over it.

This thread probably isn't the best advert for the fund anymore. I'd suggest a tidying up could be in order with the actual owners starting it and then updating at their leisure.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:10 pm

If micra / LS would like to start a new thread for total updates I can sticky that one (removing any replies that aren't by them) and I'll let this one drop down the board.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:08 pm

I suspect the short term interest in this fund may be somewhat affected by the new ground fund being set up with Santander.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:52 am

Ingleby wrote:I suspect the short term interest in this fund may be somewhat affected by the new ground fund being set up with Santander.
Where is this posted? I can't seem to find anything on the official site?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Ingleby wrote:I suspect the short term interest in this fund may be somewhat affected by the new ground fund being set up with Santander.
Where is this posted? I can't seem to find anything on the official site?
Something went on official website and then dissapeared, I would assume the details in the back ground were not ready so it was removed quickly.

No doubt once any issues are resolved it will be announced via the official site.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:50 am

It may be that if everything is going to be directed into a new ground fund, then either the Uncovered Fund should join in with that or make their aims for the use of the fund more clear, otherwise people may give to one at the detriment of the other.
Come on Darlo!

TS3

Post by TS3 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:04 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:It may be that if everything is going to be directed into a new ground fund, then either the Uncovered Fund should join in with that or make their aims for the use of the fund more clear, otherwise people may give to one at the detriment of the other.
Isn't there only one aim for the money, regardless of who raises it?

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk 4

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 pm

TS3 wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:It may be that if everything is going to be directed into a new ground fund, then either the Uncovered Fund should join in with that or make their aims for the use of the fund more clear, otherwise people may give to one at the detriment of the other.

Not sure, nothing has been said other than monies would be given to the club...a specific purpose for the money has never been stated, but if we have a separate fund for the move then that money, in theory, would only be used for that purpose and not on anything as the club sees fit at the time.
Come on Darlo!

TS3

Post by TS3 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:22 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
TS3 wrote:

Not sure, nothing has been said other than monies would be given to the club...a specific purpose for the money has never been stated, but if we have a separate fund for the move then that money, in theory, would only be used for that purpose and not on anything as the club sees fit at the time.
My view from the meeting last week was that they were going to try to raise funds to clear the debt, which is almost the same amount of money that wasn't transferred from Crowdcube to the CIC

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 pm

TS3 wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:
TS3 wrote:

My view from the meeting last week was that they were going to try to raise funds to clear the debt, which is almost the same amount of money that wasn't transferred from Crowdcube to the CIC

Maybe all will become clearer when the official site is updated.
Come on Darlo!

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 am

Think its time we had some sort of definitive update of how much is in the fund.

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:44 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:Think its time we had some sort of definitive update of how much is in the fund.
Agreed
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:39 pm

See my previous post which i've just edited/added to
M I C R A 3

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:44 am

Should we decide what we are doing with the money raised so far? Would normally suggest it goes into the B2D fund but suggest it needs to go into one of the SquareKnot funds so we help reach the total by 17th February. Given the amount we have isn't going to reach £1000 by my calculation (around 1/2 that I would guess) then it would have to be the Gift Reward Scheme. Don't know what we do with any rewards - not that bothered myself.

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Micra3 & loanstar are in control of the account and I have already suggested that the 5/6 individuals who donate via Standing Order contact them to decide what/if they want to donate although it could be difficult via squareknot as it has to be in an individuals name (the same rules that Scott adhered to with Crowdcube) but if anyone donated as a one off they could also contact the account holders so dfcdfcdfc pm them with your preference.

MCFC Darlo 2
Team Supported: Darlington & Man City

Post by MCFC Darlo 2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry but I am confused.

I want to donate to the Back to Darlo campaign,is this the same thing?

Chs

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm

There is a BacktoDarlo fund via the CIC and the DFC one with rewards-there is a good chart on one of the threads but can't remember which one so might be easier for you to check BacktoDarlo & official site.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 am

What exactly has happened to the money held in this fund? I did put a little in and was wondering if it has been used in one of the investment funds or Back to Darlo fund, or as yet, nothing. There hasn't been many updates on the state of play in the fund really.
Come on Darlo!

micra3

Post by micra3 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Mrs_Money_Penny wrote:Micra3 & loanstar are in control of the account and I have already suggested that the 5/6 individuals who donate via Standing Order contact them to decide what/if they want to donate although it could be difficult via squareknot as it has to be in an individuals name (the same rules that Scott adhered to with Crowdcube) but if anyone donated as a one off they could also contact the account holders so dfcdfcdfc pm them with your preference.
As has been mentioned before whoever has contributed to this fund should have the say where it goes or what is used for.Let us know and we'll sort it.
M I C R A 3

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Backing to darlo fund for my standing order would be o.k. for me.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Now the SquareKnot target has been reached I am very relaxed about where the money should go. Original idea was just to give it straight to the club but if others would prefer B2D I'm happy with that.

Think we ought to be making a donation around now of what has amassed so far.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:54 am

The little I put in I am happy for it to go wherever the most popular choice is be it Back to Darlo or straight to the club. However, a few hundred pounds into the Back to Darlo fund would give it quite a large boost towards the £10k point.
Come on Darlo!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:48 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:The little I put in I am happy for it to go wherever the most popular choice is be it Back to Darlo or straight to the club. However, a few hundred pounds into the Back to Darlo fund would give it quite a large boost towards the £10k point.
This :roll:

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:29 am

The last 4 posters-have you PM'd Micra3 with your wishes(he can then tally them with the CU account) and as there should only be a couple more to contact him the outcome could be posted on this thread

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

Mrs_Money_Penny wrote:The last 4 posters-have you PM'd Micra3 with your wishes(he can then tally them with the CU account) and as there should only be a couple more to contact him the outcome could be posted on this thread
Done :)
Come on Darlo!

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 am

Me too