Jumping the gun ?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

Jumping the gun ?

Post by footifan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 am

A few on here seem to think it is nailed on we will be going to Blackwell Meadows.
All that has been signed is an Heads of Agreement, to agree to negotiate a deal, but still a lot of work to do by both parties. The meeting below is taking place at the Rugby club to discuss with their members

Darlington RFC
Club Message .
Open Meeting - Wednesday 18th December @ 7.00pm
An open meeting will be held this Wednesday (18th) @ 7.00pm for all interested to discuss the recent press articles regarding the club's negotiations with Darlington FC and the proposed groundshare agreement.

The Darlington RFC Management Board would like to state that no final, legal agreement has been agreed and that only a Heads of Agreement, as discussed previously, has been signed.

This is an opportunity for all members to come and hear more about what is being proposed and the future vision for the Blackwell Meadows site.

lo36789

Re: Jumping the gun ?

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 am

footifan wrote:This is an opportunity for all members to come and hear more about what is being proposed and the future vision for the Blackwell Meadows site.
And do what...? If it said vote on it then I'd be more concerned. To say there is still a lot of work in terms of getting it signed, well I can't imagine it is much more than being able to operate a pen. Most people involved have mastered that.

They want to show the plans to members before signing - seems fair enough.

Where else are we going to go? Who else are the Rugby Club going to find to share costs with? A bigger ask is finding the cash.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:27 am

It wouldn't be at this stage unless we were pretty sure it would be ok'd...Rugby Club included.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Stu_1

Post by Stu_1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am

Reading the news article's on the RFC website, I'm a little more concerned by the previous one posted, note the final line -

Memorandum of Understanding Signed with Darlington FC - Official Talks to Begin

Unofficial talks with Darlington FC have been replaced with official ones following the signing of a Heads of Agreement (Memorandum of Understanding).

Darlington RFC will now enter official negotiations to see whether we can help Darlington FC facilitate a move back to the town and bring home an important sporting institution for Darlington.

Unknown to many people Darlington RFC and Darlington FC share a common history...

"Sometime during the 1883-84 season, Darlington Football Club (the word Rugby did not yet feature in its title) formed an Association Football section. It had no immediate effect on Rugby activities, and was probably formed in an attempt to attract new members - and more revenue - to the Feethams ground. None of the Rugby XV’s regular players participated in it...In July 1883, the Association Football section met with other minor football clubs that had recently formed in the area. The meeting was held at Darlington Grammar School under the chairmanship of one Charles Craven, a local engineer. It was decided to amalgamate all the small clubs to form a single big one, to be called Darlington Football Club. It was no accident that the Quakers, as the new club was called, adopted the black-and-white colours of Darlington RFC."

We still remain in the early stages and very soon Darlington RFC will hold an open meeting for its members to come and discuss the potential future development.

It must be stated however that any final plans will be decided upon by the members and no-one else.
More soon.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Stu_1 wrote:It must be stated however that any final plans will be decided upon by the members and no-one else.
Interesting but it still doesn't concern me a whole lot. There have already been talks with the members I thought, unless these were positively received before then I don't think we'd be at this stage.

The plans put forward seem to be quite unobstructive to the rest of the Rugby Clubs activities and if anything give them a more 'spectacular' first team playing facility.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

spectacular is probably a built strong. What i did notice about the facility from the aerial is how few structures exist there but it has decent scope. Somebody told me saturday that it is a flood plain?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

princes town wrote:spectacular is probably a built strong.
haha I said more spectacular. I'd say from open field to enclosed ground is in relative terms, spectacular!

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm

princes town wrote:spectacular is probably a built strong. What i did notice about the facility from the aerial is how few structures exist there but it has decent scope. Somebody told me saturday that it is a flood plain?
I wouldn't call it a flood plain. In fact Mowden have actually switched a fixture from the arena to BM as the arena was waterlogged but BM wasn't.

footifan

Post by footifan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Obviously I hope it does go through without objection, but there is & always be a strong faction that would not want the ground share under any circumstances. Feeling the clubs 150 years of independence will be lost ( despite in the clubs early days they shared with the Cricket Club ). Their full members will decide I assume... social members will not have a vote I doubt.

Just seems to me with fundraising to do, FIRM proposals to be agreed, a proposed plan of playing next season at BM seems hopeful at best. When does the league standards have to inspected & approved ?
Last edited by footifan on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:15 pm

It does flood, I remember being down there in the summer and the end of the pitch nearest the Skerne was completely under water.
FORZA DARLO

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Quakers1883 wrote:It does flood, I remember being down there in the summer and the end of the pitch nearest the Skerne was completely under water.
I believe this point was addressed in the fans forum. A rather funny and witty member of their board pointed out there was a nearby pipe leak which led to the flood.

If it rains and rains then most pitches aren't playable.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:It does flood, I remember being down there in the summer and the end of the pitch nearest the Skerne was completely under water.
I believe this point was addressed in the fans forum. A rather funny and witty member of their board pointed out there was a nearby pipe leak which led to the flood.

If it rains and rains then most pitches aren't playable.
If that was the case then that is excellent news, I presumed it was due to the river being so close.
FORZA DARLO

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

The pitch is higher then the river so it would take some rain to flood the pitch, played on it this year in May and it hammered it down all night. Our game kicked off at 10.30am and it was still hammering it down, the pitch was soggy but not flooded and we managed to get the game on ok.