A big thank you to the club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

A big thank you to the club

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 pm

My dad decided to attend last night's game. His first Darlo game for about 7 or 8 years. He is not in very good health and he is confined to a wheelchair. We used the lift to go and have a pre-match drink in the bar. Then I was asked if my dad would prefer to stay inside and watch, so we were shown into the executive room next to the bar. There my dad had a decent view of the game. He was also given a coffee and an offer of a cake. He had a great time and hopefully if his health holds out, he'll make another game before the end of the season.

A big thanks to all of those that made my dad so welcome and despite the result he thoroughly enjoyed himself. It goes to show what a great club we have when we go the extra mile to help fans.

Many thanks from a grateful Pete. :clap:

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: A big thank you to the club

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Always nice to hear something like this

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:56 pm

As long as they didn't let him on the pitch for a half time kick about in the goalmouth Pete.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Spyman wrote:As long as they didn't let him on the pitch for a half time kick about in the goalmouth Pete.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Nope he kept off the pitch, otherwise Scott would have been shouting at him. :lol: