Season Tickets - prices announced

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QuakerPete
Team Supported: Darlington

Season Tickets - prices announced

Post by QuakerPete » Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 pm

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Season Tickets - prices announced

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Trying to be positive but struggling at the moment to be honest.

Lots of challenges for the board and maybe if I understood these fully, I could appreciate the prices a little more.

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm

No word as to whether there's a contribution for CIC membership, looks to me like a stealth increase.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 19, 2014 7:57 pm

divas wrote:No word as to whether there's a contribution for CIC membership, looks to me like a stealth increase.
CIC are renewing members separately so yep an increase on last year.

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 7:58 pm

I don't have a massive problem with an increase per se as we all know it will go back to getting us back where we need to be, but the club needs to be up front about it

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 8:03 pm

The discount incentive is a good idea, however I'd like to have seen us make the discounts a bit larger as it's a no lose situation. I don't think it's a big enough incentive to have any effect.

You could have doubled those percentages and still taken a healthy uplift in revenue, not to mention potential new fans for seasons to come

665 -> 800 = 20% revenue uplift (2.5% disc)
-> 900 = 35% revenue uplift (5% disc)
-> 1000 = 50% revenue uplift (7.5% disc)
-> 1250 = 88% revenue uplift (10% disc)

Obviously you have to protect for an imbalanced mix in sales but still lots of room to make it a really attractive deal for both parties.

Realistically your looking at £5 max back

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Sounds like the temp seating won't be at HP and will have moved/by moving to Blackwell. Got 3 seated tickets for £220 (also got 3 CIC memberships) last year for me and the two lads in this stand, which was worth it as the little one can't make all night games etc. This year it would be £325. Just short of a 50% increase, might have to think about it this year and maybe just pay on the day for the little one.

Not enough seats so I can see the clubs issue on this one and I know we have to pay for our club but a little line to say why this offer is not as good this year would be good.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 pm

divas wrote:I don't have a massive problem with an increase per se as we all know it will go back to getting us back where we need to be, but the club needs to be up front about it
Not many other clubs are having to fund a new ground so an increase isn't really the end of the world - so long as there is something a bit more forward on money being allocated to B2D - I assume that some is going there?

The other bit around the discounts is quite good. I recall that Bradford did a sell 10,000 season tickets and everyone gets one free which seemed to work quite well for them.

I also heard today that Burnley have increased ticket prices by £100, with an assurance that fans will get that money back from their renewal the following season.

Can't wait for us to be complete debt free and home, then we can price season tickets a little more fairly.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 19, 2014 8:13 pm

2.5% reduction in cost if we hit 800 ST sales. We sold 665 last year.

The club need to grasp the fact that sales won't magically increase based on a tiny carrot offered.

Sales (not the club's fault for this, just circumstance) will be down again, not up. With almost certainty. No matter what.

They need to be prepared for that, rather than having all of this "blue sky thinking", coming up with ridiculous targets of 1,200 hit - 10% off...never in a million years in this league, at Bishop.

The only way we will get an uplift in sales is if we get some positive, definitive news about BM.

Think we all knew (again this isn't the club's fault) that we were never going to be in BM for August 2014, and the reality of that biting is just going to increase the general mental tiredness of fans, and that's the main reason why I think ST sales will be down again, as will crowds - until we get back to Darlo. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.

We need a constant stream of good news updates about BM, but aren't we still like 59k short of the minimum target required to move anyway? Why is nothing being said about this? Ie - we need such and such amount of money by that date, to get so and so in place?

We'll get nowhere on fresh air. It could become a vicious circle.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Cheque of cash for season tickets only. No debit/credit facilities. No mention of being able to pay by instalments either. Think this may impact numbers too.

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Surely they'll go on the webshop and be able to be bought via card as usual, can't think why the standing tickets wouldn't be

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon May 19, 2014 8:18 pm

... Yep no surprises there .... If we want a footy club, we need to support it in a positive fashion as much as we can. A big year coming up and then another one after that etc .... Was at a CIC meeting recently and was dismayed to hear guys talking about "donations" with regard to the CIC yearly "subscription" ... :o We need to realise that this is a lifetime consistent commitment for us all. Not a few quid in the bucket here and there once in a while when we feel like it or when we're flush!

Our club needs us guys .... Lets just hope we need it .... just as much :think:

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Hmmm the article has now been taken down...

Changes in the offing??

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 8:20 pm

AIDO wrote:... Yep no surprises there .... If we want a footy club, we need to support it in a positive fashion as much as we can. A big year coming up and then another one after that etc .... Was at a CIC meeting recently and was dismayed to hear guys talking about "donations" with regard to the CIC yearly "subscription" ... :o We need to realise that this is a lifetime consistent commitment for us all. Not a few quid in the bucket here and there once in a while when we feel like it or when we're flush!

Don't disagree with any of that but there's certain ways of doing things

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Not many other clubs are having to fund a new ground so an increase isn't really the end of the world - so long as there is something a bit more forward on money being allocated to B2D - I assume that some is going there?
Pie in the sky, head in the sand assumption.

ST ticket prices are similar, sales will probably be lower, as will total crowds and sponsorships - though I hope not by much. Where is the extra revenue that can be set aside to go towards BM?

Surely ST sales, gate takings, sponsorship and match day income, plus most off field revenue will simply see the club through the season, go towards debt etc.

We need to get real here. Taking aside any money from Dan Burn that we've managed to funnel towards BM and any of the Squareknot money... raising money for BM is a separate issue, and funding will not come from day to day income, unless it massively increases. Therefore there are always going to be calls to raise funds throughout the next few years.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon May 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Technical difficulties...
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

AIDO wrote:... Yep no surprises there .... If we want a footy club, we need to support it in a positive fashion as much as we can. A big year coming up and then another one after that etc .... Was at a CIC meeting recently and was dismayed to hear guys talking about "donations" with regard to the CIC yearly "subscription" ... :o We need to realise that this is a lifetime consistent commitment for us all. Not a few quid in the bucket here and there once in a while when we feel like it or when we're flush!

Agree with the sentiment Aido and I will be buying mine and the eldest one and the little one will just pay on the day. However it's not me and you we need to convince, it's the border line people who you need to give that incentive to buy ST or make it to those extra games.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 pm

..... info back up now.
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Pay on the day it is then. This 'discount' scheme is hilarious.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Ingleby wrote:Pay on the day it is then. This 'discount' scheme is hilarious.
It could have better incentives as divas says but it's not a joke as you are suggesting.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Exactly it's not funny. It's very sad.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Ingleby wrote:Exactly it's not funny. It's very sad.
Incorrect.

It's very "necessary", unfortunately.

Sad doesn't come into it.

We can't go around throwing great deals about just to appease you, there's no one to bankroll any shortfall. We simply have to be self sufficient...AND...build a ground.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon May 19, 2014 9:02 pm

The article is now back on the official website.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

TS3

Post by TS3 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 pm

1.55 matches "free", based on £9 a ticket. Looks like pay as I go again

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk 4

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Apologies for the technical difficulties folks. The article should be back up now.

Darlobp

Post by Darlobp » Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

TS3 wrote:1.55 matches "free", based on £9 a ticket. Looks like pay as I go again

For the next few years a season ticket means more than getting 1.55 matches free, its giving the club some revenue to keep the football side going whilst we rebuild a "home" back in Darlo.
Ding,ding home time...somehow DFC have to get back to Darlo.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Darlobp wrote:
TS3 wrote:1.55 matches "free", based on £9 a ticket. Looks like pay as I go again

For the next few years a season ticket means more than getting 1.55 matches free, its giving the club some revenue to keep the football side going whilst we rebuild a "home" back in Darlo.

Whilst that is correct, it is just as important having a steady income from gate receipts throughout the season.

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Darlobp wrote:

Whilst that is correct, it is just as important having a steady income from gate receipts throughout the season.
Indeed plus the more fans we can attract by offering good deals, the more we can tap up for money during the season.

By putting fans off at the first hurdle we'll make it almost impossible.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Darlobp wrote:

It's a fine line though and to convince those who may not make most games but would buy one to make an incentive. I guess the club have decided the reduction is too much of a risk, as the extra sales would not make the gap for the reduced price.

At current prices ST sales will reduce this year, the club have to set a budget and I guess they will expect this or at least they should.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Darlobp wrote:

Correct on both counts - people need to get over the mentality that a season ticket needs to be a 'deal' for them.

We're in the position where we just need to support our club if we want it to exist - buying a season ticket should be about putting a lump of revenue in upfront, if you can afford to do so. This allows the club to set budgets a little more accurately.

If you can't afford to pay upfront, you pay on the day. Potentially you spend a tiny bit more if you attend every game.

The way I see it, most of our support is now hardcore, and go to most games when they don't have other commitments. Paying on the day is the new paying in instalment for those that can't pay upfront - but almost everyone who goes is in essence a season ticket holder in their mentality so there's very little saving to be made by paying upfront.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC