Wedding photographers

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wedding photographers

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm

If it's paid for it might be bearable, if you'd paid for it yourself you might be crying yourself to sleep every night thinking of the waste of money.

But anyway, maybe you will actually "loveit!", I hated it. Oh and its up to 10 euros a pint if you go near the Eiffel Tower, and the beggars will relieve you of any loose change, not that you'll have any left.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Also 4-5 days in Paris is a lot, you'll have had enough by end of day 3.

Unless you speak fluent French and are really into your art and high end dining, it's pretty average. Imagine London but more expensive, more dickheads, and everyone speaks a different language.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 pm

And the bogs aren't clean. I can't stress that enough. Hygiene isn't on the public priority list.

I actually went into a Subway restaurant mainly because it was a familiar name that served familiar food, rather than the gooey, sickly French "food". Anyhow, it was set out nice, looked decent, nice and clean, so we went in.

Anyhow, I decided I was desperate for the toilet so headed for the bog before ordering, only to be intercepted by some woman staff member babbling in French. I know a bit of French and can speak a few phrases to get by, but am completely unable to understand if anyone talks to me about an unexpected subject in French. Anyhow, by my confused look she cottoned on that I was English and said "you can't use the toilet unless you are a customer" to which I replied je suis un fucking customer and she let me go in.

I opened the toilet door, there was only one in the place - fuck me. Dirt and scum all over the sinks and cracked mirror, filthy floor, overflowing bin with tampon wrappers and all sorts, no bog seat, toilet blocked and full of bog paper, no lock on the door, no soap.

And that was in Subway, a clean and tidy Subway on the face of it. Needless to say, I couldn't take a dump in there and we quickly had to go somewhere else. It was disgusting. That place would have been shut down in a flash, in England.

Oh yeah, don't take piles of money "just in case". No matter how much money you take, you'll spend the lot. Expensive doesn't even begin to describe it. I like the way they keep a straight face when asking for 14 euros for a pint and a half.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 pm

i used these - these were great :)

http://www.twilightweddings.co.uk/Prologue.html

Good luck!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 am

Tip for honeymoon.

Book it in January. Sounds obvious but travel agents are desperate for business now, so after Xmas they'll be even more so. Play one off against the other.

Decide where you want to go and monitor the price at your chosen hotel every day online for at least 6weeks. (to give you an idea, the difference between cheapest and most expensive prices for us was about £900) Then go into the Travel Agent armed with a list of all the prices you have logged and watch them squirm.

You'll find that they probably cant beat the best online price, but there are LOADS of added extras they can throw in to make it up. We had our Honeymoon in Cuba, and managed to blag a room upgrade, access to the airport lounge, 2 weeks car parking, and a night at the Gatwick Marriott Hotel before we flew.
All for about £100 more than the cheapest price on the web! We also got a hugely discounted upgrade on the flight. Virgin advertised £185 per person, but the Travel Agent got us upgraded to Premium Class for about £90 each!

Agree with all said about Paris though!

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:A cynical man Lawman3, very true but cynical, and certainly don't get photos done to act as a constant reminder when you fat, fifty, bald, divorced and lonely.
Hey im only 31 and bald. I guess there is no hope for me then? :cry:

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am

Paris was over-rated.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Dave_from_London wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:A cynical man Lawman3, very true but cynical, and certainly don't get photos done to act as a constant reminder when you fat, fifty, bald, divorced and lonely.
Hey im only 31 and bald. I guess there is no hope for me then? :cry:
:lol: :lol: nevermind

mikeshepherd

Post by mikeshepherd » Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 am

Choosing the best wedding photographer for the wedding is not a easy task because it’s the moment where memories will be always with you.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 am

Booked a lad and turns out he did that photo's for greggs charity calendar last year so must be ok. Seems like a really nice fella as well

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 18, 2013 2:19 pm

So you think that booking a guy who takes pictures of sausage rolls is going to cut it?

AND you're going to Paris?

Nightmare.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Quakerz wrote:And the bogs aren't clean. I can't stress that enough. Hygiene isn't on the public priority list.

I actually went into a Subway restaurant mainly because it was a familiar name that served familiar food, rather than the gooey, sickly French "food". Anyhow, it was set out nice, looked decent, nice and clean, so we went in.

Anyhow, I decided I was desperate for the toilet so headed for the bog before ordering, only to be intercepted by some woman staff member babbling in French. I know a bit of French and can speak a few phrases to get by, but am completely unable to understand if anyone talks to me about an unexpected subject in French. Anyhow, by my confused look she cottoned on that I was English and said "you can't use the toilet unless you are a customer" to which I replied je suis un fucking customer and she let me go in.

I opened the toilet door, there was only one in the place - fuck me. Dirt and scum all over the sinks and cracked mirror, filthy floor, overflowing bin with tampon wrappers and all sorts, no bog seat, toilet blocked and full of bog paper, no lock on the door, no soap.

And that was in Subway, a clean and tidy Subway on the face of it. Needless to say, I couldn't take a dump in there and we quickly had to go somewhere else. It was disgusting. That place would have been shut down in a flash, in England.

Oh yeah, don't take piles of money "just in case". No matter how much money you take, you'll spend the lot. Expensive doesn't even begin to describe it. I like the way they keep a straight face when asking for 14 euros for a pint and a half.
Do you complain when the hotel buffet doesn't have chips on seven days a week?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 am

No, I only complain when I go to overated, scummy, scruffy, expensive s*** holes, full of wankers, beggars, and s***.

love it!

Post by love it! » Mon May 20, 2013 9:56 am

Quakerz wrote:So you think that booking a guy who takes pictures of sausage rolls is going to cut it?

Nightmare.
No sausage rolls were pictured in the charity shoot. He photographed semi naked ladies with some stratigically placed buns covering there private areas

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm

love it! wrote:
Quakerz wrote:So you think that booking a guy who takes pictures of sausage rolls is going to cut it?

Nightmare.
No sausage rolls were pictured in the charity shoot. He photographed semi naked ladies with some stratigically placed buns covering there private areas
Ah, well you should have said! That's exactly the kind of portfolio I'd be looking for in a wedding photographer too.

jamesfrenco28

Post by jamesfrenco28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 am

I think you should try Konadbrettke’s wedding photography once. One of my friends told me about this. He is a professional wedding photographer and done his job very good so I think you should try him once.

Wedding photographers Brooklyn

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 am

Yes because we all live in Brooklyn don't we?

Don't you just love spam?

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 am

I am now getting married in October 2015 and need a wedding photographer. They're sooo bloody expensive but we've seen one for 500 quid. What sort of prices have you lot paid?

love it!

Post by love it! » Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 am

700 I paid and we get married this Sunday. I booked him ages ago and asked for a discount for early booking. He should have charged 1000 without the discount I got

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 am

Dave_from_London wrote:I am now getting married in October 2015 and need a wedding photographer. They're sooo bloody expensive but we've seen one for 500 quid. What sort of prices have you lot paid?
Are you getting married in/around London? If so, we've just booked one for next year down here as well. Eye-wateringly expensive but when you put it in to context you're paying for the one permanent thing you keep from the day (except a wife, of course), so you want it done properly - and a lot more goes in to it than just a few hours taking photos.

If you want details of the one we've booked down here, send me a PM and I'll pass it on.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Thu May 22, 2014 8:48 am

Yes we've booked a wedding in SE London a really nice venue which has got the ceremony and reception in one which is what we wanted. The basic package (venue hire, champagne reception, food and DJ) is 6K so we don't wanna pay too much for photographers. We saw one based in Whitstable, Kent that costs £500 but would prob have to pay for their travelling costs. Like you said it is prob the only thing from the wedding (apart from wifey of course) that you keep.

Cheers Spyman, i'll send you a PM.

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 am

love it! wrote:700 I paid and we get married this Sunday. I booked him ages ago and asked for a discount for early booking. He should have charged 1000 without the discount I got
Congratulations love it! and enjoy the day :clap:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Spyman wrote:. Eye-wateringly expensive but when you put it in to context you're paying for the one permanent thing you keep from the day (except a wife, of course)
Would I spoil your day if I pointed out that wives aren't always permanent?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 am

Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:. Eye-wateringly expensive but when you put it in to context you're paying for the one permanent thing you keep from the day (except a wife, of course)
Would I spoil your day if I pointed out that wives aren't always permanent?
That was sort of what I was getting at!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

DC

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Fri May 23, 2014 7:57 am

Yeah wives aren't always permanent but then again its how you act towards each other. My bride to be has been married before but she only divorced her ex because he cheated on her. So in other words as long as I don't be a c*nt towards her she should stay with me forever ;)

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 am

cinema1079 wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:The very talented Andy Gaines from York did mine & Mrs. b66's wedding last year:

http://andygaines.com/andy-gaines-creat ... a-wedding/

That are really nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, these photos from "b66's" wedding are impressive.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Samydalien wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 am
My friend hire wedding photographer from Toronto Wedding Studios for his brother wedding.
I think you are just a bit late with this recommendation :?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm
Samydalien wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 am
My friend hire wedding photographer from Toronto Wedding Studios for his brother wedding.
I think you are just a bit late with this recommendation :?
It's a bit far too come to take some pics as well, unless it was Toronto near Bish. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: