Dan Burn - The Future

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davidcurrieclass
Team Supported: Darlington

Dan Burn - The Future

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:36 pm

just have a feeling he'll be bought by a big premier league team in the summer even if Fulham stay up. Newcastle for instance need a couple of centre halves with Colochinni going and Taylor being a liability. Plus he fits the policy of buying young players with sell on value. His trajectory is going up and up. Fingers crossed

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Re: Dan Burn - The Future

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Man Utd will need a new centre back next season!

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm

man utd need 2 with vidic and Ferdinand going, Liverpool also need to strenghthen at the back.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Think everyone is getting a little carried away after just 4 premier league appearances.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Just glad the lad is doing well, as mentioned at the forum by Martin Jesper he probably won't understand how much his success has done for our club.

I hope he continues to do well, for the lad and for what this could mean for Darlo as a club.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Think everyone is getting a little carried away after just 4 premier league appearances.
Spot on and whilst I'm on, did it really need another thread!
Is Pete back counting?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 pm

I thought he looked reasonable alongside Fulham's other 8 defenders this afternoon.

Newcastle maybe a decent shout for where he may end up, but not one of the big Premiership clubs.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Spyman wrote:I thought he looked reasonable alongside Fulham's other 8 defenders this afternoon.

Newcastle maybe a decent shout for where he may end up, but not one of the big Premiership clubs.
So Man U could still be a shout then!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 am

Was suprised when I saw Burn in the starting line up against Man u, especially in the last Prem game Fulham got tonked by Southampton 3-0 - mind you Haangerland was at fault for two of the goals which I presume why he was dropped and not Burn.
Fair play to the lad he is doing well - just hope we can find a few more gems like him in the future - great to watch them progress their careers.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 am

Burn had a great game against Man United. Made plenty of Clearances and Man United's crossing game suited him well. It'd be interesting to see how he'd fair against a side that play football on the Deck. Chelsea for example.

People are getting too carried away considering he's only made a couple of appearances. But with games like Yesterday he won't be at Fulham forever. Think he'll still be there next season though as Fulham haven't got many decent CB's themselves, Can't see many clubs coming in for him based on half a season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:43 am

cameron-darlo wrote:Burn had a great game against Man United. Made plenty of Clearances and Man United's crossing game suited him well. It'd be interesting to see how he'd fair against a side that play football on the Deck. Chelsea for example.

People are getting too carried away considering he's only made a couple of appearances. But with games like Yesterday he won't be at Fulham forever. Think he'll still be there next season though as Fulham haven't got many decent CB's themselves, Can't see many clubs coming in for him based on half a season.
He faired well against Arsenal on his debut.

As pointed out elsewhere, Man Utd signed Smalling when he'd had half a season in the Fulham team. Smaller Premiership clubs like Newcastle have signed defenders with no Premiership experience.

Let's wait and see - he's made a bright start but who knows where he'll go from here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 am

One of the match reports from Sunday's game said Dan Burns was 6' 7" tall. Is that correct?

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:56 am

spen666 wrote:One of the match reports from Sunday's game said Dan Burns was 6' 7" tall. Is that correct?
Err, yes? :crazy:

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 am

cameron-darlo wrote:Burn had a great game against Man United. Made plenty of Clearances and Man United's crossing game suited him well. It'd be interesting to see how he'd fair against a side that play football on the Deck. Chelsea for example.

Your log in says you are a barcode fan so you should remember My little Pony going to Liverpool for mega bucks based on half a season :D

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 am

spen666 wrote:One of the match reports from Sunday's game said Dan Burns was 6' 7" tall. Is that correct?
Still is as far as I know.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:25 am

He used to be, but unfortunately he's shrunk in all the rain. Only 6ft 63/4" now. :roll:

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Spyman wrote:I thought he looked reasonable alongside Fulham's other 8 defenders this afternoon.

I agree, he needs to improve on the ball to play for a Champions League club because they spend so much time attacking rather than defending their own 6 yard line like Fulham on Sunday. He's played well so far but its only 4 appearances as Robbie said so lets not get carried away just yet.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Twintowers wrote:

Your log in says you are a barcode fan so you should remember My little Pony going to Liverpool for mega bucks based on half a season :D
Yeah, but he also had a very solid season in the championship. I just think its too soon for Burn to be moving to a bigger club. Think he needs to develop his game more for a least another season. Its only a matter of time before he'll be at a bigger club.. If it was to happen in the Summer then fair play to the lad and it'd obviously be great for Darlo

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:Yeah, but he also had a very solid season in the championship.
He obviously did enough in the Championship to be recalled - I don't recall that Carroll did enough to warrant that.

If he goes down to the Championship with Fulham that would be a backwards step. If Fulham stay up the best place for him is to stay put and get some games under his belt.

I don't think he'll go to a big club, probably one of the side which aims to hit 40 points as soon as possible then generally has a nothing season after that so the likes of Newcastle/Sunderland/Villa etc.

Given the spin the press have put on quite innocent comments he has inadvertently endeared himself to every Man City and Liverpool fan - should he ever prove himself to that level in the future!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 am

lo36789 wrote:

Must make him one of the tallest players in the Premiership.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Must make him one of the tallest players in the Premiership.
In the world
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 am

Dragging this one back. Assuming Kit Symons doesn't change a winning formula Dan will make his 20th appearance for Fulham tonight. I know the terms are not public of our next payment but usual standard is 20/25 games so hopefully we will get another Dan Burn inspired boost in the next few weeks if not tonight!

Should probs add. Reading through Fulham forum he got rave reviews from their first win of the season. The fans see him as a leader and he was their MOM. He really has for a cracking future ahead of him!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:56 am

I remember last season when Mulensteen (sp?) gave him his first games in the cup last season, and after that Man Utd game where they were under the cosh for 90 minutes but snatched a draw, he did a few interviews and came across as really level headed, well spoken - basically proper captain material.

DC

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 am

I watched Fulham vs Blackburn at Craven Cottage the other week and whilst they got beat 1-0 Burn was outstanding. I'd say a good premiership player he could be in a team who would finish mid table.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 am

love it! wrote:I watched Fulham vs Blackburn at Craven Cottage the other week and whilst they got beat 1-0 Burn was outstanding. I'd say a good premiership player he could be in a team who would finish mid table.
Man Utd?

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 am

love it! wrote:I watched Fulham vs Blackburn at Craven Cottage the other week and whilst they got beat 1-0 Burn was outstanding. I'd say a good premiership player he could be in a team who would finish mid table.
Thanks Yoda.

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Would he fuck play for a good mid table premiership side. Lets take the Darlo-specs off for a second here.

He is very good, and had a couple of very good games for Fulham in their relegation season. However, he was flattered by the complete turd that played with him, and that came before and after his run in the side.

He'd do an excellent job for any chanpionship side, as his positioning and strength and the way he reads the game are brilliant. His pace though, jesus christ, its not existent. He makes John Terry look like a vintage Rio Ferdinand. For that reason alone he'd never be an automatic pick in the top flight.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 pm

How does his pace stack up against Per Mertesacker?

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Spyman wrote:How does his pace stack up against Per Mertesacker?
I'd say that Mertesacker would still be taller.

Don't worry lads, I'll log myself out...

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Spyman wrote:How does his pace stack up against Per Mertesacker?
Poorly.

There will not be a slower centre half in the premier league.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK