Malky Mackay

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Malky Mackay

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Surprised there hasn't been a thread yet.

Wow. What a change in 24hours. From the bookies not taking bets on him for the Palace job to being out of the running, his managerial potentially over and he's taken Iain Moody down with him!

Moody probably regrets suggesting him for the role now...

TSQuaker

Re: Malky Mackay

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 pm

You say he's taken Moody down with him, but aren't some of the alleged text messages sent FROM Moody as well as too him?
Northern League Champions 2013

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Has it actually been said which way they went? I realise it was the pair I them but it was Mackay being back in the picture for the Palace job which has kicked it all off. As I alluded to this was partly Moody's doing as well!

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Have their phones been hacked? Or have they shopped each other?

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:Has it actually been said which way they went? I realise it was the pair I them but it was Mackay being back in the picture for the Palace job which has kicked it all off. As I alluded to this was partly Moody's doing as well!
I think any investigation started well before the Palace job became vacant. The inititial investigation was regarding the 'spygate' storm from last season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

shawry wrote:Have their phones been hacked? Or have they shopped each other?
probably sent on company phones, property of Cardiff.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 pm

The way it is reported it is like the lawyers raided his house (can they do that?) and found the messages. It is reported as if they just picked up his phone and happened to stumble across these messages amongst the 70,000 texts they looked at.

I am sure there is something more sophisticated behind it. I find it quite bizarre since you don't need to go anywhere near someone's house to get hold of anything they have sent digitally!

I thought it was to do with the transfer dealings that kicked it off. Rumours that Gary Medel was offered for £8m but Mackay & Moody put offer in for £11m - what happened to the difference and why did they over pay. Similar story with that bloke they paid about £8m for and sold him for £2m in the next transfer window.

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:32 pm

My understanding is that they were being investigated for possible breaches of transfer regulations, and their phones were looked at as part of that.

I have to say, while I deplore what they are reported to have said, two people losing their jobs over a conversation in private is a worrying trend.

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 pm

PaulMJohnson wrote:
My understanding is that they were being investigated for possible breaches of transfer regulations, and their phones were looked at as part of that.

I have to say, while I deplore what they are reported to have said, two people losing their jobs over a conversation in private is a worrying trend.

It wasn't a "conversation in private".

They used work phones to discuss work issues, and the comments had been made in the context of this.
Bring Back the Quarters

sabahat

Post by sabahat » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:51 am

City seem to be trying to set up something similar to what their rivals in red have had going for the last 15 years or so. Linking up with other clubs abroad to help them develop players out of the spotlight. Man Utd had (have?) a similar link with a Belgian club, possibly Antwerp, with limited success.

I can't see City sending players like Toure and Aguero out for big games in Australia/America though, as clearly the purpose is for those clubs to support City and not vice-versa.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Just been appointed as the manager of Wigan Athletic.

Footballing wise, it's a fantastic appointment and Wigan have got themselves a really talented young manager.

I can't imagine the media will let this go without getting involved though.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Honestly, the man sent some inappropriate texts to a mate. He's not the first and he won't be the last. The whole thing is a total non-story if you ask me.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 pm

The Sun and the Daily Mail love a good non-story though.

You're completely right though. If the FA managed to get hold of every message that had been sent from a professional footballers phone over the course of a week, I'd imagine we'd be seeing an awful lot of investigations taking place.

Stan_Darlo

Post by Stan_Darlo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Hardly a non story. Regardless of weather they were private or not, his messages were offensive to a lot of people and that can't just be ignored. The game has done great deal to get rid of racism/ homophobia/ anti-Semitism and could do without twats like Mackay tarnishing that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 pm

To publicly ban it, yes. But I'd bet my life that texts like that are common-place between footballers, rugby players, and hundreds of thousands of men.

It doesn't mean they believe that their inappropriate 'banter' is true or correct, but that sort of humour, like it or not, is ingrained in society. It was ill-judged by Mackay, but he was unlucky enough to have a former boss who clearly wanted to paint him as the culprit in the political mess that is/was Cardiff. Hundreds would do the same and never be exposed.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Can't see him lasting much longer at Wigan, as they look like they're for the drop down to Division 1.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Can't see him lasting much longer at Wigan, as they look like they're for the drop down to Division 1.
League One.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:01 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Can't see him lasting much longer at Wigan, as they look like they're for the drop down to Division 1.
League One.
Slightly pedantic :roll:
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

ArmchairDieHard wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
League One.
Slightly pedantic FULL STOP