Fantastic support today.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Fantastic support today.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 pm

Great support at the game today. I reckon at least 80% of the crowd must have been supporting Darlo. It's a pity we didn't get the performance on the pitch, that our support deserved.

Does anybody know what happened near the bar, about 30 minutes before the game started?

davidcorks 40yard OG

Re: Fantastic support today.

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:08 pm

I didn't hear the crowd get announced today , any ideas what attendance was ?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 pm

"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 pm

According to evostik site, a dubious 902
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:03 pm

902... they must have let a lot in without clicking the owld turnstiles then!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:10 pm

and to add the vast majority of fans behaved themselves which you wouldn't think of you read the social media. I'm afraid that Salford are quickly resembling one of these small mentality clubs. if they are to achieve 'their big dreams' they will need to organise themselves much better than they did today. It is OK the chairwoman moaning about the vandalism (fair enough) but she might want to reflect more on what she could have done to make the match-day experience more favourable. For me, the only positive from today was that our club is like Man United compared to Salford in terms of organisation. Not good enough Salford board!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:18 pm

princes town wrote:and to add the vast majority of fans behaved themselves which you wouldn't think of you read the social media. I'm afraid that Salford are quickly resembling one of these small mentality clubs. if they are to achieve 'their big dreams' they will need to organise themselves much better than they did today. It is OK the chairwoman moaning about the vandalism (fair enough) but she might want to reflect more on what she could have done to make the match-day experience more favourable. For me, the only positive from today was that our club is like Man United compared to Salford in terms of organisation. Not good enough Salford board!
Her tweet as the Chairwoman of Salford was very poor tonight.

Basically "We have damage to a stand and toilets but we have 3 points, lots of laughing with tears smileys"

Any damage needs to be dealt with but it was something a fan would write, not the Chairwoman of a club that wishes to progress to the league.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:23 pm

There was well over 900 at the game, an absolute fiddle.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:26 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
princes town wrote:and to add the vast majority of fans behaved themselves which you wouldn't think of you read the social media. I'm afraid that Salford are quickly resembling one of these small mentality clubs. if they are to achieve 'their big dreams' they will need to organise themselves much better than they did today. It is OK the chairwoman moaning about the vandalism (fair enough) but she might want to reflect more on what she could have done to make the match-day experience more favourable. For me, the only positive from today was that our club is like Man United compared to Salford in terms of organisation. Not good enough Salford board!
Her tweet as the Chairwoman of Salford was very poor tonight.

Basically "We have damage to a stand and toilets but we have 3 points, lots of laughing with tears smileys"

Any damage needs to be dealt with but it was something a fan would write, not the Chairwoman of a club that wishes to progress to the league.

I agree. It is not the sort of thing I would expect from somebody in her position. Couldn't believe it when I read that. I think Salford are actually worse than West Auckland. She needs to concentrate on her own game because I didn't get any sense of organisation today. She might want to go and talk to a club like Marske who seem ahead of the curve on things like this. The referee could also do with some people engagement skills.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

One ladies toilet during the game as the bar was closed off and was going to be closed off before any sign of trouble. And it didn't flush !

olrad

Post by olrad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:27 am

Great support from the vast majority there today .most of them Darlo fans, the pissed up morons who travelled on a jolly, fighting , vandalizing , smoke bombing and spending half the day doing the angel of the north impressions were as per usual a major embarrassment . Lets not make excuses for them or let them hide amongst us. The lad who tried to steal the lines mans shorts ( twice ) was not a typical green street wanna be , however was equally embarrassing and should have been chastised and not laughed at. Hangs head in shame.....

Ash

Post by Ash » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:59 am

olrad wrote: Hangs head in shame.....
Sadly this is how I feel the more I go to away games. It's becoming an embarrassment.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:34 pm

902 my arse :roll:

Why are crowds never counted properly at this level ?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Salford say the away support was around 600.. that's a bigger joke than the ref!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:36 pm

If and a BIG if we are still in the same league or both in the league above I won't be attending the away game again after Saturday..... Disgraceful behaviour by both parties including fans, players , management... Sad to have to say it!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter

DarlingtonDave

Post by DarlingtonDave » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:52 pm

1st away game I've gone to this season and all I can say is if they think there were only 902 in that ground then they need to pop down specsavers.
As for 600 away fans there must have been that alone on the far side opposite the main stand in that shed and on the banking.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:54 pm

DarlingtonDave wrote:1st away game I've gone to this season and all I can say is if they think there were only 902 in that ground then they need to pop down specsavers.
As for 600 away fans there must have been that alone on the far side opposite the main stand in that shed and on the banking.
I agree crowd seemed "underestimated." What I don't understand (and never have) is how clubs might benefit from lowering the gate figures at this or any other ground? If it is to do with saving tax or VAT, then what might they do with the gate money they may have "hidden," after all it has to be banked somehow/somewhere, if they are to make use of it. Am I right that all gate money goes to the home team at this level so they would be no point in hiding gate figures from the away team.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Easy. Pay your non-VAT costs in cash. Especially the likes of stewards/security and players who would otherwise cost pesky NI.

I didn't go through a turnstile so I know there was no way of counting me in. There is always the 'other' theory. A turnstile operator who walked away with heavy pockets...

bga

Post by bga » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

lo36789 wrote:Easy. Pay your non-VAT costs in cash. Especially the likes of stewards/security and players who would otherwise cost pesky NI.

I didn't go through a turnstile so I know there was no way of counting me in. There is always the 'other' theory. A turnstile operator who walked away with heavy pockets...
Thanks lo36789 understand this a bit more now. As to how you got in............guess that is another story!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Well what I mean is there was a turnstile. Guy took my money and I walked in. Nothing that span around or would count me in.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:38 pm

If turnstile money is regularly diverted away from the club accounts, there's no wonder she was having a laugh, trousering a few grand on our game alone.

The only positive from the day, is that Salford-Ramsbottom weren't so impressive, despite all of the money forked out. Some team like Spennymoor would have taken us to the cleaners, what with the sloppy thinking and suicidal defending on show.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 am

Neil Johnson wrote: Some team like Spennymoor would have taken us to the cleaners
Would that be the same Spennymoor that have never taken us to the cleaners?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Indeed, I would like Spenny to be promoted with us, banker of 6 points for us every season lol