Blatter. Thick, incompetent, corrupt ?

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fozzovmurton
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blatter. Thick, incompetent, corrupt ?

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Is FIFA fit for purpose now, in recent years people like Jack Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam turned them into a bigger joke than they were already...

Is it about time get rid of the whole lot and start again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

Wow, what a pathetic attempt to deflect focus from the fact that FIFA is bent as a nine bob bit. This is desperation, we've got him on the ropes!
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 pm

An independent commission which reports its findings directly to FIFA?

They may as well not bother, it's obvious what they're going to "find" already: nothing.

Then the matter truly will be closed, as Sepp Blatter states.

I also find it laughable that Blatter has shown the race card when this has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with corruption. And he apparently wants to eradicate racism from football yet FIFA have just awarded the World Cup to a country in which it is illegal to be homosexual. So discrimination based on skin colour is something which he abhors, but discrimination based on your sexuality is fine?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 pm

"How they stole the game" by David Yallop.

Is a great book and tells the story of Blatters predecessor João Havelenge, and the murky world of corruption he inhabited.

Blatter playing the racism card is almost unbelievable - he must be desperate.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:An independent commission which reports its findings directly to FIFA?

They may as well not bother, it's obvious what they're going to "find" already: nothing.

Then the matter truly will be closed, as Sepp Blatter states.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405

I knew this would happen, what a sham!

The whole process was for show, so FIFA could clear their own name, and nothing more.

AND they also manage to take a swipe at the English FA at the same time. Bravo!
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:36 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729
The findings of Fifa's inquiry into allegations of corruption during bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups have been questioned - by the man who conducted the two-year investigation into the claims.

In an unexpected twist, lawyer Michael Garcia says the report "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions".
Lol. FIFA are a bunch of crooks!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:what a sham!

A megamegasham.

The bloke who wrote the report says it should be printed in it's entirety. He's obviously concerned about his reputation as FIFA have secretly and corruptly edited his findings and only released the bits that suit their twisted agenda. While all the other bits remain locked away.

I'm amazed that this can happen.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:13 pm

It's utter lunacy.

FIFA needs to be disbanded - there's no way it retains any credibility.

Sadly, because of how Blatter and his corrupt cabal have bought off a load of minor, irrelevant footballing nations, FIFA will continue to be propped up.

That's the most frustrating thing, that outside of Britain, very few countries actually give a stuff about what's going on.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:40 pm

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm

notgnilrad wrote:This made me chuckle. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -hell.html
LOL.
ITV has won the sole broadcast rights in the UK, with Andy Townsend providing analysis.
:lol:

I repent!

grytters

Post by grytters » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:35 pm

and Blatter takes the gloves off -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30103293
Bring Back the Quarters

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 pm

grytters wrote:and Blatter takes the gloves off -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30103293
More smoke and mirrors.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30122601
Al-Majid claimed she heard Qatari officials offer three African Fifa ex-co members $1.5m (£960,000) to vote for them as World Cup hosts in 2022.

She said she was then coerced into signing a sworn, legal document retracting allegations of corruption.
This MUST be in Garcia's report and, if so, how can Qatar and FIFA be cleared of wrong-doing and corruption by Hans Eckert?

:problem:

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

all of the above

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:41 pm

and it rolls on and on and on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30491135

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 am

lo36789 wrote:and it rolls on and on and on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30491135
And look where FIFA's next meeting is being held. Reckon there will be a few smokers in Marrakech? Most of their statements sound like drug induced logic to me. :roll:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Apparently Garcia didn't even have the power to seize phone records or email traffic, plus Russia destroyed all their evidence and refused to cooperate (I imagine they weren't the only ones), so this "investigation" was nothing more than smoke and mirrors from the start and its "findings" were predetermined.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30522170

Garcia has quit! Sweet baby Jesus!

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Darlogramps wrote:It's utter lunacy.

FIFA needs to be disbanded - there's no way it retains any credibility.

Sadly, because of how Blatter and his corrupt cabal have bought off a load of minor, irrelevant footballing nations, FIFA will continue to be propped up.

That's the most frustrating thing, that outside of Britain, very few countries actually give a stuff about what's going on.
Sepp Blatter makes Del Trotter look like a highly respectable and trustworthy entrepreneur
Northern League Champions 2013

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Does anyone know why the FA think that a Jordanian prince is the best candidate for the FIFA presidency?

Wonder how he managed to get to power in the Jordanian FA, some sort of democratic, transparent decision making process I imagine.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:21 pm

What's more interesting is how Prince Ali got into FIFA.

Prince Ali got in by beating leading anti-Blatter dissenter Chung Mong Joon in the Vice Presidential election in 2011. And who was Prince Ali's main supporter? Oh yes, Sepp Blatter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ittee.html

So why would Ali now turn on his master, the man who's responsible for his position?

Or, as is more likely, I suspect he's nothing more than a stooge, designed to give Blatter more credibility, a stronger mandate when he wins this farce of an election, the outcome of which is already decided.

That sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theory, but it doesn't make sense why Prince Ali would stand against the man who gave him his position.

The FA are incredibly naive when it comes to the politics of FIFA - they'd back anyone who isn't Blatter.

Sadly because of Blatter's bribes, sorry "development grants", to smaller, irrelevant FIFA member nations, there's no way he can be unseated.

The best hope is a credible reformist is identified now and spends the next four years building alliances to win the 2019 election. It's terrible but that is how FIFA works.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

On the face of it, their voting system seems fair and democratic, but it's set up in such a way that it's ripe for abuse.

The current setup favours the status quo. I reckon the whole thing needs to be dismantled and new foundations need to be put into place to protect against corruption and people, like Blatter, from taking advantage of it. Everything should be entirely transparent too, and I mean everything; everyone should be accountable for their actions.

That will never happen but I see no other way. Change at the top of the game will never occur in its current guise.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:03 pm

I think the English FA should back Figo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31531664
Former Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan winger Figo, who played at two World Cups, said on Thursday that the current format could be increased to 40 teams or Fifa could stage two 24-team competitions simultaneously on two continents, followed by a knockout phase in one nation.

He said: "Both these options are feasible with an extra three to four days of tournament play. If this expansion were to take place I believe that additional teams should come from non-European nations.

"We not only make sure that we include more countries from across the world, but also enable Fifa to raise significant increased revenues that can be used to invest in the growth of the game globally."

Figo, the 2001 Fifa world player of the year, also proposes:
-Spreading half of Fifa's $2.5bn revenue over four years to associations to fund grassroots football.
-Redistributing $1bn of Fifa's $1.5bn cash reserves to the 209 national federations.
-Increased use of technology in the game, using sin-bins for unsporting behaviour.
-Reverting back to the previous interpretation of the offside rule, "where a player is judged offside whether directly involved in the play or not".

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:18 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:I think the English FA should back Figo:

1. Increase number of teams at the World Cup finals - and make them non-european teams
2. Spreading half of Fifa's $2.5bn revenue over four years to associations to fund grassroots football.
3. Redistributing $1bn of Fifa's $1.5bn cash reserves to the 209 national federations.
4. Increased use of technology in the game, using sin-bins for unsporting behaviour.
5. Reverting back to the previous interpretation of the offside rule, "where a player is judged offside whether directly involved in the play or not".
1. I agree about the increase. What is the current ratio on entrants into the WC? If it was proportional representation from each confederation it would be something like this. AFC (9/47), CAF (11/56), CONCACAF (8/40), CONMEBOL (2/10), OFC (3/16) and UEFA (10/53) plus a playoff between the next 6 teams for the 5 remaining slots?

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Meh, I am a technophobe when it comes to football. When football starts becoming black and white and all debate and contention is removed it would lose it's fun for me. Goal line hasn't been too bad, but it also has rarely been used and would the goals have been given/not given anyway it is impossible to tell. Sin bins is interesting, it could work, wouldn't have helped Whitey though dissent is C2, unsporting behaviour is C1. So penal offences like tripping/fouling an opponent fall under unsporting behaviour.

5. I don't actually mind the current definition. I don't want to get the world where the winger on the far left flank is called offside when the ball is played out to the right winger. The thing that has changed recently that has just confused things is the idea that you are not active unless you are touching the ball, if you distract/influence the decision making of a defender/gk you are offside, it is a bit grey still but that is the fun of it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 pm

The "calendar committee" are meeting next week. This is to nail down when the 2022 Qatar finals will be played.

Blatter wants it moved to winter to save his skin but there will be a lot of opposition from European clubs.

This will be interesting, however I suspect Blatter will get his way as he is all powerful at the moment......................hopefully not for long.
lo36789 wrote:5. Reverting back to the previous interpretation of the offside rule, "where a player is judged offside whether directly involved in the play or not".
lo. What do you think about the Rooney incident against Preston in the FA Cup?? He was pretty much interfering with play I.M.O.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:lo. What do you think about the Rooney incident against Preston in the FA Cup?? He was pretty much interfering with play I.M.O.
I think it really is one of the most difficult I have seen. The ball came near side of Rooney so he was outside of the flight of it which would make me say 'on'. That said I can't disagree with David Preece's reporting on it that a keeper will wait, wait, wait to dive (I suppose I hadn't really thought of it like that, as well I frankly have no idea on the art of goalkeeper, if I even had the ability to dive across i'd have probably done it regardless of Rooney!).

Preece came up with an interesting view point, that in those situations if the player is stood outside of the goalposts then he would be on, but within the goalposts he is off. I quite like that interpretation. Under 'Figos' law above if Rooney had been sat injured in the corner quadrant it would have been classed as offside.

I'd probably say off, but only just. Rather a dodgy offside than a dodgy goal after all!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:I think the English FA should back Figo:

Former Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan winger Figo, who played at two World Cups, said on Thursday that the current format could be increased to 40 teams or Fifa could stage two 24-team competitions simultaneously on two continents, followed by a knockout phase in one nation.

He said: "Both these options are feasible with an extra three to four days of tournament play. If this expansion were to take place I believe that additional teams should come from non-European nations.

"We not only make sure that we include more countries from across the world, but also enable Fifa to raise significant increased revenues that can be used to invest in the growth of the game globally."

Figo, the 2001 Fifa world player of the year, also proposes:
-Spreading half of Fifa's $2.5bn revenue over four years to associations to fund grassroots football.
-Redistributing $1bn of Fifa's $1.5bn cash reserves to the 209 national federations.
-Increased use of technology in the game, using sin-bins for unsporting behaviour.
-Reverting back to the previous interpretation of the offside rule, "where a player is judged offside whether directly involved in the play or not".
I don't understand the link between that quote and why the English FA should back Figo. What am I missing?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Spyman wrote:I don't understand the link between that quote and why the English FA should back Figo. What am I missing?
I just like some of his ideas is all, plus he has to be a better option than that Jordanian prince.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 am

Ah right - I thought you were suggesting his ideas benefitted England in particular.

I'm not sure about introducing a sin-bin, but other than that the ideas seem to have merit.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:40 am

Spyman wrote:I'm not sure about introducing a sin-bin, but other than that the ideas seem to have merit.

Sin-bin. nooooooooooo

Although I get the logic (sometimes a red is just too much) it would be another step to football losing it's identity, and becoming more, dare I say, Americanised.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!