Scarborough vs Darlo- Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scarborough vs Darlo- Match Thread

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm

All those slagging Jameson, give your head a shake, he has been excellent this season, all of our semi-pro players make mistakes every game, it's rare he messes up, normally when he does it's because the defensive 4 have dropped a bollock and exposed him.

He makes fantastic saves week in, week out, do you not remember calamity Jack Norton

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm

8mins injury time!! Where did that come from. Three points next game keep it going darlo it's the only way to be sure of being champions. :thumbup: we win all our remaining it doesn't matter what Salford do ,we win it,forget about them and do what we need to do concentrate and win.com on darlo.

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:11 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Twitter and in particular Mr Stoddart made that tense. Can't imagine the nerves at the ground. Still sulking I missed it.

Well done to the lads. Let's keep going. Bring on Saturday.
Don't sulk, we won - was bad enough listening in and watching twitter

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:11 pm

TFFT... I had to turn the radio commentary off & take the dogs for a walk.
I was crappin' myself here in Texas.
Well done lads for grinding out the result :clap: ... can we please have a few goals cushion in the next 4 games.... not good for my heart... :wtf:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we can do it now, absolutely convinced, chuffed to bits, wine tonight, very well done lads, done us proud today.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:19 pm

footifan wrote:TFFT... I had to turn the radio commentary off & take the dogs for a walk.
Well done lads for grinding out the result :clap: ... can we please have a few goals cushion in the next 4 games.... not good for my heart... :wtf:
Hi Chris, I was as nervous as you, switched my mobile off in added time, so,so tense.Hope you are well, we are getting closer to the finish line.

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
footifan wrote:TFFT... I had to turn the radio commentary off & take the dogs for a walk.
Hi Chris, I was as nervous as you, switched my mobile off in added time, so,so tense.Hope you are well, we are getting closer to the finish line.

Mobile ?... Ron if I had been in the UK I would have been at the game. :D

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Haha, brilliant win, I just followed this thread on the subway in New York, that was tense... Everyone on the train looked at me when I shouted 'get in' when Cartman scored. Back for Saturday, come on Darlo!

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:43 pm

dfc1883 wrote:Haha, brilliant win, I just followed this thread on the subway in New York, that was tense... Everyone on the train looked at me when I shouted 'get in' when Cartman scored. Back for Saturday, come on Darlo!
I am often getting funny looks in the States LOL...
Especially when my internet service was down at home the other week, sat in the local library in my pink Darlo shirt, earphones in... Darlo scored & I jumped up shouting " GET THE FUK IN " ... :o

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:45 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Jameson you pillock, cost us far too many points.
Go on then, how many? More than the forwards have cost us by missing chances? Epic flapping.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Pink in Texas. You're brave!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:54 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Go on then, how many? More than the forwards have cost us by missing chances? Epic flapping.
OK calm down, possibly a slight over reaction on my part but when we went a goal up and then gift an equaliser it was gut wrenching and could have put us right out of the title race.He is a good keeper, without doubt, but has dropped some clangers as well and over the next 4 games we cannot afford any gifts.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:58 pm

footifan wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Mobile ?... Ron if I had been in the UK I would have been at the game. :D
Yes, couldn,t make it today Chris but will be at the Lancaster game a week on Saturday, so tense today , similar to Welling in the conference promotion season.Strange how it affected you as well, think we are both getting too old.LOL.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:00 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
OK calm down, possibly a slight over reaction on my part but when we went a goal up and then gift an equaliser it was gut wrenching and could have put us right out of the title race.He is a good keeper, without doubt, but has dropped some clangers as well and over the next 4 games we cannot afford any gifts.
Agreed. Missed tackles, un-tracked runners, misplaced passes and mis-cued shots all unacceptable from our part-time players over the next four games.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:01 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Put your knickers back on.

He hasn't cost us anything today and has won us points on his own many times this season.

It is in our hands - keep the faith.

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:20 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Pink in Texas. You're brave!
I just tell them it takes a man to wear pink ... Actually I get a lot of positive comments. I am slowly converting the colonials to the wonders of Darlo. :D

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Agreed. Missed tackles, un-tracked runners, misplaced passes and mis-cued shots all unacceptable from our part-time players over the next four games.
Spyman, lets agree to disagree, this board is all about opinion, we are all passionate about Darlo, but unfortunately goalkeeping errors are more noticeable than forwards missing open goals, sadly that is a fact. Lets move on and focus on the next 4 games, still a very big ask to win them all, but if our defence get back to where we were, keeping clean sheets, then we will win the title IMO.The trickiest game is away to Warrington because Reid seems obsessed with stopping us, admitting he cannot stand us and is "ready for Gray and his mob".This game will be a battle without doubt and hopefully we have a good set of officials.Win this game and I reckon we will lift the title.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Just got back from the match. Feel drained. My nerves are shredded..

A poor first half from us. Scarborough played with more urgency and intensity and we were lucky to be at 0-0 at half time. Apart from a Cartman shot early and Armstrong hitting the post near the end of the first half, we offered little.

Second half was much better and we managed to get some measure of control and limit them to just a handful of sporadic attacks.

The substitutions were timely and the relief amongst the Darlo fans was evident when Hatch put us in front. It looked like he scuffed it a bit from where I was stood buy hey, who cares.

Can't believe we gave a goal away so quickly and I thought Jameson was 'nudged' by someone but it was allowed and the nerves kicked in again.

But thank god Nathan Cartman has struck form and he rifled in the winner a short while later from close range , cue delirious scenes amongst the Darlo fans. Really chuffed for him.

The injury time came from a long delay due to a head injury to a Scarborough player and we saw it out with just one minor scare.

In my opinion, a great battling second half and the players should be congratulated for grinding out the victory

Come on Darlo...

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:27 pm

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:29 pm

H'way Kev. Get the sixty seconds up. Chomping at the bit here. :angel:

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 pm

My report from today

Huge win. Performance wasn't as good as the last couple but doesn't matter massive 3 points

Bring on Saturday

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2015/ ... arborough/

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

DarloPeGi wrote:I thought Jameson was 'nudged' by someone but it was allowed and the nerves kicked in again.
It was a foul. Jameson very unlucky there.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Galbraith on jankers. Broke discipline. Hopefully sentence served and available for next game

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Jameson is an outstanding keeper at this level. Made a few mistakes under high balls this season but apart from that been pretty much immaculate. The improvement he has made in 18+ months he's played for us is excellent.

We're lucky to have him, he is good enough to turn pro and with full time training would quickly improve further imo.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm

tezza wrote:Galbraith on jankers. Broke discipline. Hopefully sentence served and available for next game
Take it he had a drink/went out over the weekend.

If so I guess Gray had to punish but must move on now with Tez in the squad.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Well my day didn't go according to plan. Dreadful delays in getting there. Found a place for lunch near the harbour. Told the waiting time for a meal was 45 minutes, 90 minutes later it arrived, needless to say no tip was left. Then we decided to walk, so arrived at the ground knackered at 3-35pm. But from the sounds of it the match only got going when we arrived. Tough to choose between Hatchy and Cartman for MOTM. But I'd just go for Cartman, as his closing down and backtracking towards the end was fantastic.

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 am

Great win. Couldn't get on line here in Bhutan. Frustrating but at least I have finger nails left.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:34 am

princes town wrote:
DarloPeGi wrote:I thought Jameson was 'nudged' by someone but it was allowed and the nerves kicked in again.
It was a foul. Jameson very unlucky there.
So not a goalkeeper error then. Oops.

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Post by ian_brown » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 am

tezza wrote:Galbraith on jankers. Broke discipline. Hopefully sentence served and available for next game
I believe it was more a case of AWOL. Next week(s) may be jankers. Worried we haven't heard the last of this - either way, Tez is a valuable member of the side and greatly needed for the run in.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 am

We didn't play superbly, and both goals had an element of luck in the build up play. However, we should have had one penalty, and possibly 2, and Scarborough's goal could have been disallowed, so swings and roundabouts really. Great to see the spirit there to grind out 3 points in a difficult game.

Hatch made a huge difference when he came on. Great to see him having the sort of impact we know he can have. Fantastic to see Cartman get the winner. He's finding his feet now. It's good to have 4 strikers capable of making an impact going into the final 4 games of the season - we will no doubt need them all.

Another really tough game on Saturday. Mossley have been going really well recently, and they are hunting down a playoff place. Hopefully we can come flying out the blocks like we did against Droylsden. The players seem to have the bit between the teeth now though, so I'm confident we can pick up the three points. Salford's remaining fixtures look very simple, so I think we will have to win all our games, but our form recently has indicated we are very capable of doing just that.