Ashton United v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ashton United v Darlington Match Thread

Post by bga » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 am

Although Cartman was my man of the match last night I thought Gibbons did well at RB. He needs a lot of coaching from the dugout during the match but I guess he is young, I'd hope this encouragement might come from the likes of Burgess as the season progresses rather than the touchline. Have to say it was overall a gutsy performance to come back and win. Would be fair to say Leon had a poor game and Terry got skinned too often but we have probably exhausted the LB issue haven't we?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Ashton scored with the benefit of a bad bounce from a divot. We can expect long balls over the top when pitches are rough.
Burgess got caught out of position after winning a tackle and not tracking back to get in line with White before the ball was pumped forward.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:25 pm

bga wrote:Although Cartman was my man of the match last night I thought Gibbons did well at RB. He needs a lot of coaching from the dugout during the match but I guess he is young, I'd hope this encouragement might come from the likes of Burgess as the season progresses rather than the touchline. Have to say it was overall a gutsy performance to come back and win. Would be fair to say Leon had a poor game and Terry got skinned too often but we have probably exhausted the LB issue haven't we?
Funny how we all see things different,I thought Leon had a fair game

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:50 pm

First half Darlo were a mess at the back when trying to play the off-side trap. However once they gave up on the off-side trap Darlo looked a lot better, especially after the equaliser. Their number 9 was the only threat and I thought Darlington deserved the win in the end.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
bga wrote:Although Cartman was my man of the match last night I thought Gibbons did well at RB. He needs a lot of coaching from the dugout during the match but I guess he is young, I'd hope this encouragement might come from the likes of Burgess as the season progresses rather than the touchline. Have to say it was overall a gutsy performance to come back and win. Would be fair to say Leon had a poor game and Terry got skinned too often but we have probably exhausted the LB issue haven't we?
Maybe it's a fine line between a "poor" and a "fair" game? I get frustrated when he doesn't seem to win his share of 50/50 tackles as happened on a few occasions last night. I thought there were long periods last night when he didn't seem to be involved at all. As you say we don't all see things the same. Couple of their supporters next to me reckoned Jameson should have been red carded in 2nd half that wasn't my take on that incident!

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

bga wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Maybe it's a fine line between a "poor" and a "fair" game? I get frustrated when he doesn't seem to win his share of 50/50 tackles as happened on a few occasions last night. I thought there were long periods last night when he didn't seem to be involved at all. As you say we don't all see things the same. Couple of their supporters next to me reckoned Jameson should have been red carded in 2nd half that wasn't my take on that incident!

Thought their manager was going to explode....if they were anything like him im not surprised.Its a step up for Leon and think he is taking longer but liked the way he got stuck in a bit towards the end.

I went for a coffee and as I went I said I thought Cartman should come off for Armstrong,you can guess what happened by the time I came back :)

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
bga wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Thought their manager was going to explode....if they were anything like him im not surprised.Its a step up for Leon and think he is taking longer but liked the way he got stuck in a bit towards the end.

I went for a coffee and as I went I said I thought Cartman should come off for Armstrong,you can guess what happened by the time I came back :)

Fair point he was much more involved towards the end. The two supporters I mentioned were both 6 foot plus skinheads so I made my point to them that I thought Jameson had played the ball, and then decided it was time to move to watch the rest of the game from another part of the ground!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:01 pm

bga wrote:Its a step up for Leon and think he is taking longer but liked the way he got stuck in a bit towards the end.

He's played in this league before-I'm informed.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Leon turned out plenty of times in this league for Whitby

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 pm

[quote="divas"]Leon turned out plenty of times in this league for Whitby[/quote

My bad,still a step up for all the players as it is with any team promoted.Some take longer to adjust than others.