Are away fans exploited

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikey53
Team Supported: Darlington

Are away fans exploited

Post by mikey53 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:18 am

Just noticed that Richdale are once again charging away fans £20 to get into their ground this season . Home fans are charged between £14 and £19.
They do this by putting the away fans into the Westrose stand and home fans into the other stands. It shows how some clubs can exploit the away following.
I am sure that other clubs will be doing the same thing, perhaps our visitors should be charged the same as they charge us.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Are away fans exploited

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 am

Yes of course away fans are being exploited and they will continue to be exploited until the football authorities make it illegal to charge away fans any more than home fans.

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 am

maybe its relative to the extra wages paid out in order to accomodate away fans ?....and extra policing

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 am

I thought there were some 'guidelines' in place (if not regulations), stating that away fans cannot be charged more for 'like for like' accommoation?

If this were true it would explain the Rochdale discrepancy: the away stand can have a higher admission as it is the only stand that is:

- seated
- at the pitch side, and
- free from pillars.

We would struggle to find similar differences between different parts of St Mary's, ahem The Arena.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Could cause problems (at rochdale) of away fans going into the home end to save themselves a couple of quid - credit crunch / resession and all !
Think before posting

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm

£20 is steap for L2 football not that I'm defending us in this as we charge just £2 less on the day!

I can see the logic of it though the away fans obviously come in fewer numbers than the home fans and they charge that bit extra to make a little bit more revenue from it as well covering staff and policing costs etc which are mentioned above.

At the end of the day it's a one off £20 charge.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly