Footie Cup Finals

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Footie Cup Finals

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 am

There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
I guess I'll be in the majority of wanting Crystal Palace to win. Unless your a Man Utd fan, probably nearly everybody will want the underdog to win. It would be great to see Palace win a major trophy for the first time.
Rangers v Hibs
Much like the game above, the majority of people will be routing for Hibs, they're the underdogs and haven't won the Scottish Cup for 102 years, which for such a major club is very sad.
Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
Probably the first time that 2 teams from the same city have appeared in a major European final. Again I'll be routing for the underdogs, who will be attempting to lift the European Cup for the first time.
So Palace, Hibs & Atletico Madrid winners would be great. So knowing my reputation at predictions, they'll be a raft of bets on the other 3. :lol:

Spyman

Re: Footie Cup Finals

Post by Spyman » Sat May 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
I guess I'll be in the majority of wanting Crystal Palace to win. Unless your a Man Utd fan, probably nearly everybody will want the underdog to win. It would be great to see Palace win a major trophy for the first time.
Rangers v Hibs
Much like the game above, the majority of people will be routing for Hibs, they're the underdogs and haven't won the Scottish Cup for 102 years, which for such a major club is very sad.
Probably the first time that 2 teams from the same city have appeared in a major European final. Again I'll be routing for the underdogs, who will be attempting to lift the European Cup for the first time.
So Palace, Hibs & Atletico Madrid winners would be great. So knowing my reputation at predictions, they'll be a raft of bets on the other 3. :lol:
Would you not call the Champions League final a major European final?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:There are 3 main cup finals today.

Man Utd v Crystal Palace
Rangers v Hibs
Would you not call the Champions League final a major European final?

Naturally I would.

Great to see the underdog win the Scottish Cup after a wait of 114 years.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Real and Atletico played in the Champions League final 2 years ago.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Aren't the French (Marseille v PSG), Italian (AC v Juve) and German (Bayern v Dortmund) all on today as well?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
That's next week.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 22, 2016 7:04 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid
That's next week.
Yes I now realise that. Ok Spyman, sorry didn't realise that they had played against each other 2 years ago.