Jenny Chapman's resignation

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Jenny Chapman's resignation

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:42 pm

Vokuhila wrote:For what it's worth, I have actually seen Jenny at at least a couple of our games in the past.
But Princestown and Darlo_Pete didn't, which is all that matters here.

Maybe next time she's at a game she should search them out. Perhaps they can keep a tally of the number of games per season she goes to.

And according to Princestown, it's only the play-off games that she should be turning up at.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:For what it's worth, I have actually seen Jenny at at least a couple of our games in the past.

Maybe next time she's at a game she should search them out. Perhaps they can keep a tally of the number of games per season she goes to.

And according to Princestown, it's only the play-off games that she should be turning up at.
And if she turns up to only one leg, what then?

Saying that, if I went through the somewhat painful process of pinning a red rosette to my left bollock I imagine the people of Darlington would vote for it.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:14 am

Darlo_H wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

And if she turns up to only one leg, what then?

Saying that, if I went through the somewhat painful process of pinning a red rosette to my left bollock I imagine the people of Darlington would vote for it.
Darlington has had a Tory MP in my lifetime so I refuse to give up all hope on the townsfolk.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am

jenny has assisted the club in several ways behind the scenes, she realises the importance to the town in having a successful club. By a long chalk she is not a bad constituency MP. She seems to have been ill advised on this particular issue, and needs to fall in line behind the leader, who less than a year ago was elected by a huge majority of the party members & on a raft of policies , not just EU Membership. What is particularly crass by this gaggle of conspirators, is that the Labour Party only fairly recently amended the leadership electoral rules away from the parliamentary party. Now they have the audacity to start calling in the "Lawyers" to challenge anything and everything that is not in their favour. There are more than a few who after this failed coup should do the honourable thing and step down, certainly as a Labour MP. Join the Lib Dems or Tories.
By the way I remember 2 tories in the town as MPs. Anthony Borne Arton (born arsehole would be more apt) and Micheal Fallon the most crass, insidious person I have ever had occasion to meet.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:23 pm

tezza wrote:By the way I remember 2 tories in the town as MPs. Anthony Borne Arton (born arsehole would be more apt) and Micheal Fallon the most crass, insidious person I have ever had occasion to meet.
How Fallon slithered his way up to where he is now I'll never now.

Had to look that first one up but I reckon he must've loved Darlo because he died just 3 days after Plymouth beat us at Wembley. Our failure to get promoted must have broke his heart.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm hearing reports that Angela Eagle has attempted to kidnap a small Australian child. Probably the end of that coup...

EDIT: Apparently it was an actual eagle, not Angela Eagle. My bad.

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:55 pm

If Angela Eagle is the best this bunch can come up with , they are better sticking with what they have.

"I did very well at PMQs" is her claim for experience .. She sounds more like an old lady complaining at M&S wanting her money back.

By the way one of the complaints levied at JC was his unkempt appearance .. She looks like she needs a good ironing

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:33 pm

I didn't really know who she was prior to the referendum but her performance in the debate was shocking.

I don't remember her being able to answer with a single sound response, or challenging the brexit opinion she was just on the defensive constantly.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:18 pm

The Labour NEC have just voted 18-14 IN FAVOUR of Corbyn being on the ballot. Hmm... I wonder which way the leadership vote will go?

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:The Labour NEC have just voted 18-14 IN FAVOUR of Corbyn being on the ballot. Hmm... I wonder which way the leadership vote will go?
The party members will vote to keep Corbyn, and if Angela Eagle is the alternative I can see why.

As much as I disagree with Corbyn on a great many things I can respect his conviction in his beliefs, Eagle doesn't even have that and is even less electable.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:50 am

Darlo_H wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:The Labour NEC have just voted 18-14 IN FAVOUR of Corbyn being on the ballot. Hmm... I wonder which way the leadership vote will go?
The party members will vote to keep Corbyn, and if Angela Eagle is the alternative I can see why.

As much as I disagree with Corbyn on a great many things I can respect his conviction in his beliefs, Eagle doesn't even have that and is even less electable.
An appeal has been lodged in the High Court to overturn the 18-14 vote. The Labour NEC also voted on an item which wasn't on the agenda (and after some members had left, thinking the meeting was over) to exclude all of 200,00+ new members from voting in the leadership election unless they coughed up an extra £25 within 2 days in order to register themselves as "supporters" (or some such rubbish).

They've taken millions in new membership fees over the past few weeks with the false promise showing on their website that new members will be allowed to vote in the leadership election - then it seems they moved the cut-off date back to stop them from voting in the election they all joined up for.

It all stinks to high heaven.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:18 am

The whole thing is a mess. I am getting increasingly frustrated with political folk on facebook as well paid up members and activists of the labour party. I think the words were a vote for Corbyn is a vote for the tories. Your choice is anti-tory or pro-Corbyn.

That is not a political argument, that is not convincing people to your way of thinking to a belief that what they are pushing for is the correct outcome it is an attempt to imposing your views by suggesting there is no other way.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:33 pm

The anti-corbyn brigade are really going over the top with things now - here's some C-list actress trying to make out like he's to blame for what happened in Nice.

@francesbarber13 17h17 hours ago
Blood on the streets & Corbyn won't resign to get a major opposition to help deal with this. I am disgusted & heartbroken.

@francesbarber13 17h17 hours ago
Corbyn resign please please I beg you. We need an Opposition to deal with this threat of terrorism. It's not you. I plead with you.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 pm

That's hysterical and embarrassing from her.

However I'm struggling to see where she blames Corbyn for the attack. Her point is pretty clear, (Corbyn should step down so an effective opposition can deal with the issue). It's a highly dubious point, one which has multiple flaws (first and foremost being it's hugely inappropriate to making any political capital out of it, especially as it was less than 24 hours after the attack happened).

But she's certainly not blaming him for what's happened.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Darlogramps wrote:That's hysterical and embarrassing from her.

However I'm struggling to see where she blames Corbyn for the attack. Her point is pretty clear, (Corbyn should step down so an effective opposition can deal with the issue). It's a highly dubious point, one which has multiple flaws (first and foremost being it's hugely inappropriate to making any political capital out of it, especially as it was less than 24 hours after the attack happened).

But she's certainly not blaming him for what's happened.
I'd like to know who this credible opposition is supposed to be though? I can't see anyone in the labour party who is really going to make a difference.

Alan Johnson? Or they talk David Milliband into a return to politics?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Therein lies the problem. I think Corbyn managed to fight off the credible challengers last time out.

He's now being challenged by the folk that nobody saw as credible as the last lot last time out.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:02 pm

IMO Jenny could probably do a better job than Jeremy.
Joking aside, speaking as a Tory voter, I do think there's a strong need for a good effective Opposition, to call the government to account. That's not happening at the moment. The one bloke I took seriously was Hilary Benn. He'd make a good leader.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

There's quite a few who could do a good job in my opinion (I'm speaking as a floating voter who would not vote for a Corbyn-led Labour).

Hilary Benn as mentioned would be a good option. I'd like to know more about Owen Smith before coming to a judgement but Angela Eagle isn't leadership material for me.