3 Darlington thugs to appear in court...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

notgnilrad
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:49 pm

tomorrow in Manchester, just heard off a friend don't want to say names though.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:59 pm

For what??? No Darlo fans did anything wrong
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spen666

Re: 3 Darlington thugs to appear in court...

Post by spen666 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:15 pm

notgnilrad wrote:tomorrow in Manchester, just heard off a friend don't want to say names though.
if your source is correct, then their names will be made public anyway

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:16 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:For what??? No Darlo fan did anything wrong Image
If it's the FC United game the one or two did by all accounts.

I guess it will make the paper sooner or later.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:24 pm

possible banning orders may happen here if the post is correct.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 pm

The post is correct there was trouble away from the ground three from Darlington were arrested, hopefully they get what they deserve and their mugshots are plastered across the Echo.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm

If they are found guilty, then I'm sure the club will putting banning orders on them. Hopefully tough action now, will make others think before they do something similar.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:37 am

At what level does Court enforced national/international football banning orders kick in, Step 1 or 2?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 am

murtonquaker wrote:At what level does Court enforced national/international football banning orders kick in, Step 1 or 2?

It may need a DFSG membership vote on banning anyone convicted, however I suppose the DFC board can already decide on the fans' behalf.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:13 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:At what level does Court enforced national/international football banning orders kick in, Step 1 or 2?

It may need a DFSG membership vote on banning anyone convicted, however I suppose the DFC board can already decide on the fans' behalf.
:lol:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Banning orders cover matches in the National League North/ South and above

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Spyman wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:

:lol:
I thought the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:

Gift that keeps giving. :clap:
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Court date for these guys have been put back to next week now. Wish it was today as they would have been named and shamed.

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 pm

From Conference North upwards banning orders can be given even without conviction if magistrates, upon application by police, believe that such an order may prevent disorder. Section 14b Football Spectaors Act 1989 (as amended), or 14a with conviction.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm

As far as I know, as the game is on private property we can individually ban anyone we like and can advise our opponents in away games to ban the same people. This could be done at any level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

olrad

Post by olrad » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm

See one of the scroats was at tonight's game , threatening our own fans who he thought were responsible for pointing him out ...knob head will be getting pointed out alright at the next game he shows his scrawny face at .

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 am

notgnilrad wrote:Court date for these guys have been put back to next week now. Wish it was today as they would have been named and shamed.
Nothing to stop them being named now so long as nothing is published that prejudices the court case.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 pm

As pubs can bar anyone, so can DFC at their ground.

Away bans would need a National banning order, where those ignoring a ban can be registered on fan camera phones. and sent back to court by DFC and the police.

Is that too simple?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:05 am

Neil Johnson wrote:As pubs can bar anyone, so can DFC at their ground.

Away bans would need a National banning order, where those ignoring a ban can be registered on fan camera phones. and sent back to court by DFC and the police.

Is that too simple?
You're too simple. Everyone's said this for the months and years you've been cluttering up this board with your verbal garbage.

A couple of things - firstly pubs can't bar anyone, nor can DFC. There has to be a justification. Otherwise we end up in the situation we were in with George Reynolds, where he tried to censor anyone who criticised him.

Secondly, banning orders need to be enforced. That's more difficult for a part-time, volunteer run club. That's why we've been plagued with a minority hooligan element at some of our away games.

It's not an excuse (and I think the club could have done more in the past), but there are clearly challenges we face that a full time professional club will not.

But your idea, that enforcement of a ban relies solely on fans taking pictures at games, is way too simplistic.

The point is steps should be taken to stop these fans getting into the ground in the first place (distributing names and pictures of banned supporters to home clubs/ police etc).
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:49 am

Darlogramps wrote: A couple of things - firstly pubs can't bar anyone, nor can DFC. There has to be a justification. Otherwise we end up in the situation we were in with George Reynolds, where he tried to censor anyone who criticised him.
DFC can bar whoever they want for any reason they want. It is a private club and they can deny admission if they choose to. Yes we don't want to go down the Reynolds route but if someone is due in court for offences relating to their support of DFC then the club have every right to deny admission.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:07 pm

fuckn knob end darlogramps again. knows it all.cant wait to tap you on the shoulder only a matter of time sir lets see what you have to say face to face!!

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:37 pm

darlodaz wrote:fuckn knob end darlogramps again. knows it all.cant wait to tap you on the shoulder only a matter of time sir lets see what you have to say face to face!!
Enjoy your court appearance.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:36 pm

darlodaz wrote:fuckn knob end darlogramps again. knows it all.cant wait to tap you on the shoulder only a matter of time sir lets see what you have to say face to face!!
Keep up your obsession boyo. It is very weird, but each to their own.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: A couple of things - firstly pubs can't bar anyone, nor can DFC. There has to be a justification. Otherwise we end up in the situation we were in with George Reynolds, where he tried to censor anyone who criticised him.
DFC can bar whoever they want for any reason they want. It is a private club and they can deny admission if they choose to. Yes we don't want to go down the Reynolds route but if someone is due in court for offences relating to their support of DFC then the club have every right to deny admission.
There's always a pedant. The point I was making is that there must be a sufficient reason to ban an individual, otherwise there could be recourse from those who've had action taken against them.

Obviously if a "supporter" has committed an offence, that is sufficient justification for a ban.

But the more general point, that a club can ban who it likes for what it likes, is far too simplistic.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
There's always a pedant. The point I was making is that there must be a sufficient reason to ban an individual, otherwise there could be recourse from those who've had action taken against them.

Obviously if a "supporter" has committed an offence, that is sufficient justification for a ban.

But the more general point, that a club can ban who it likes for what it likes, is far too simplistic.
As has been said already a club or pub can bar anyone simply because they want to.

No one has any right to enter a pub or football ground.

The owner of pub or football club needs no reason to ban someone

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:40 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

As has been said already a club or pub can bar anyone simply because they want to.

Spen666 in being deliberately obtuse shocker.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Spen666 in being deliberately obtuse shocker.
The fact is Spen is correct.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:12 pm

No he's not.
It's a reductionist argument which ignores other factors (recourse from individuals involved, reputational damage) that mean it simply couldn't happen in the real world.

It's a shame you've decided to follow a worthless troll like Spen and deliberately ignore the points I'm making.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Darlogramps wrote:No he's not.
It's a reductionist argument which ignores other factors (recourse from individuals involved, reputational damage) that mean it simply couldn't happen in the real world.

It's a shame you've decided to follow a worthless troll like Spen and deliberately ignore the points I'm making.
Sadly Gramps it is the legally correct answer. You are wrong in law.
Accept the facts.

You may have the moral high ground d but not the legal high ground.

Try looking up the law and deal with facts rather than resort to the use of abuse.

If you think stating what the law actually is, is abuse or trolling, then it says more about you than me.