inept bordering northern league at best

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodaz
Team Supported: Darlington

inept bordering northern league at best

Post by darlodaz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:32 pm

wow what a load of crap we were today start to finish,good god how we miss our players that are out barring jameson as the new keeper looks decent. ffs they were shite

QUAKERMAN2

Re: inept bordering northern league at best

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm

We need our back 4 of Hunter, Brown, Burgess and Galbraith asap, no messing around by MG, all these high balls to Beck is not working with only Cartman with him ,no other players up in support.Teams have us sussed,even Lancaster, embarrassing to say the least, what did Scott do today yet always keeps his place??.R
This result has really got to me, thank god its off to Spain next week

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:45 am

Marrs has been consistently one of our best performers, I don't think Gray will place Hunter in ahead of him.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:55 am

The players read this message board. Don't think they need to come on here to read that they are shite.

The players know themselves that yesterday wasn't good enough and I'd bet a lot of money that we bounce back on Saturday - that's what this team do.

Give your head a shake and get behind the lads ffs. Slating them isn't going to help anything, there was arguements among the fans in the away end yesterday about the tactics we are playing and it doesn't do anybody any good.

Gray picks the team and the way we play. He has done for the past 4 seasons and with 3 promotions to his name after 3 defeats I don't think we should be questioning him. Gray will change it if he thinks it's necessary, not because fat Dave who's had 6 pints screams "get it on the floor ffs".

Support the team, not slate them.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:17 am

Agreed, Anth.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:27 am

well thats my opinion of this game like it or not.they take the plaudits when they come along so take the slating that comes along too.oh and whilst we are on seems gray cant take the criticism when that comes along too as he was having a go with a lad in the crowd who told him what he thought of the performance.stick up for them as much as you like but in all reality we were fuckn pants.there was probably 300 others there that will agree.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:33 am

The players that read this MB, will have had plenty of good comments over the course of this season. They have to take the rough with the smooth and if I was a player after yesterdays game, I just wouldn't come on here afterwards and read the MB.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 am

Someone having a go at Gray during the match is just ranting for me. Can't disagree it's not good enough but not sure what shouting at Gray achieves, I reckon he knows it just wasn't good enough.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Love how 'taking criticism' seems to constitute just standing and taking it.

If you dish out criticism you should expect a retort. As you say rough with smooth - suspect Gray was cheesed off at the performance as it was, a comment from the crowd that was probably laced with idiocy would he would have felt it best to use the depth of his experience to educate the fan in question.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 pm

well you suspect wrong regarding you saying the lads comment was probably laced with idiocy.there was no excuse for that shambolic display for what in all honesty has cost the club thousands of much needed money.also people keep saying we are missing him him and him etc so basically the replacements are no use to us when required as a group on the pitch.talking to mr vallis and he went on wednesday against bpa and pretty much said we were awful there too lucky to have got anything against the basement boys.take this how you please lucky against altrincham,chorley,stockport too.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Sorry I can't make any sense of that.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Nope just seems like a rant to me, Gray, Atki, Gregan and Tony Norman all had a chat on the pitch after the game. Seemed a bit of debrief on what went wrong.

Gray will understand it wasn't good enough he normally does and will look to change where required. No knee jerk reactions required though, however annoying yesterday was.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:21 pm

darlodaz wrote:talking to mr vallis and he went on wednesday against bpa and pretty much said we were awful there too lucky to have got anything against the basement boys.take this how you please lucky against altrincham,chorley,stockport too.
Frankie Vallis and the Four Seasons???

I hope he Walked Like A Man on the way to the game. Although I admit Lancaster toyed with us, like we were a RagDoll at times. Anyway, I'm off to have some Sherry.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm

your crack is shite gramps walk like a man,ragdoll,sherry. just fuckoff before you get yourself into trouble.seriously does anyone actually know this gramps name? would love a chat with him face to face.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm intrigued as to who Mr Vallis is

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

darlodaz wrote:your crack is shite gramps walk like a man,ragdoll,sherry. just fuckoff before you get yourself into trouble.seriously does anyone actually know this gramps name? would love a chat with him face to face.
Don't get too upset.

After all, Big Girls Don't Cry.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

offside

Post by offside » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:09 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:We need our back 4 of Hunter, Brown, Burgess and Galbraith asap, no messing around by MG, all these high balls to Beck is not working with only Cartman with him ,no other players up in support.Teams have us sussed,even Lancaster, embarrassing to say the least, what did Scott do today yet always keeps his place??.R
This result has really got to me, thank god its off to Spain next week

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Leon Scott isn't good enough been saying it for ages now

offside

Post by offside » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:10 pm

darlodaz wrote:well thats my opinion of this game like it or not.they take the plaudits when they come along so take the slating that comes along too.oh and whilst we are on seems gray cant take the criticism when that comes along too as he was having a go with a lad in the crowd who told him what he thought of the performance.stick up for them as much as you like but in all reality we were fuckn pants.there was probably 300 others there that will agree.

Totally agree mate

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
darlodaz wrote:your crack is shite gramps walk like a man,ragdoll,sherry. just fuckoff before you get yourself into trouble.seriously does anyone actually know this gramps name? would love a chat with him face to face.
Don't get too upset.

Lol he's made a right mug out of you there darlodaz :mrgreen: :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:21 pm

darlodaz wrote:well thats my opinion of this game like it or not.they take the plaudits when they come along so take the slating that comes along too.oh and whilst we are on seems gray cant take the criticism when that comes along too as he was having a go with a lad in the crowd who told him what he thought of the performance.stick up for them as much as you like but in all reality we were fuckn pants.there was probably 300 others there that will agree.
So should Martin Gray turn around and agree with the criticism? Very professional!

"Yeh mate, you're right, Galbraith's a bag of shite".

That's going to work wonders isn't it, undermining his players in front of the supporters. Of course he'll defend them, because he's smart enough to see the bigger picture, unlike some.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:27 pm

darlodaz wrote:well you suspect wrong regarding you saying the lads comment was probably laced with idiocy.there was no excuse for that shambolic display for what in all honesty has cost the club thousands of much needed money.also people keep saying we are missing him him and him etc so basically the replacements are no use to us when required as a group on the pitch.talking to mr vallis and he went on wednesday against bpa and pretty much said we were awful there too lucky to have got anything against the basement boys.take this how you please lucky against altrincham,chorley,stockport too.
Of course there is an excuse , the excuse is we are not full time footballers. Occasionally we will not perform, the players will not gell and 6 or 7 will under perform, this comes with being part time. It's unfortunate that this happened yesterday but let's all just have a realisation check, 3 from 4 is all that needs to be said.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:07 pm

To me the biggest problem is letting slip the prize money that could come our way with a good cup run

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Don't get too upset.

Absolute stonking reply ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:44 pm

gabbas wrote: Of course there is an excuse , the excuse is we are not full time footballers. Occasionally we will not perform, the players will not gell and 6 or 7 will under perform, this comes with being part time. It's unfortunate that this happened yesterday but let's all just have a realisation check, 3 from 4 is all that needs to be said.
Personally I think that excuse is bollocks. Seen enough over the years to know that even full time teams look extremely shite on a regular basis and frequently have 6 or 7 underperformers!! Just take a look at the Staunton season for an easy example!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:17 am

It is of course rubbish any team can perform badly whether they are part/full time. Sure there is a quote from a football manager that at any time you will have 3/4 players not on their game.

My suggestion that a fan, to have triggered a reaction, must have been shouting nonsense/idiocy is based on experience.

I was out on Saturday and the first thing shouted at an assistant referee (and consider this was inside 5 minutes and the ball hadn't even been in his half yet) were to wish him, his wife and his children dead.

Those that operate inside the perimeter of the stands are usually pretty resilient. That is the kind of stuff regarded as "the norm" and doesn't generate a reaction, for something a fan says to generate a reaction is usually pretty severe.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:44 am

darlo reborn wrote:To me the biggest problem is letting slip the prize money that could come our way with a good cup run
This and nothing more... it was just a bad day at the office, look at the table, that gives you an idea of where we are.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:To me the biggest problem is letting slip the prize money that could come our way with a good cup run
This and nothing more... it was just a bad day at the office, look at the table, that gives you an idea of where we are.
I agree. I think the players look shattered to be honest. I wonder if the extra mid-week training session might be too much if we are playing frequently

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:25 pm

When we were watching the Kiddy game 2 of their subs were warming up next to us, one of them said to the other watch this long diagonal ball to the big guy up front, and this is what happened they were waiting for it.
Obviously they had done homework and we are so predicable.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:00 pm

D_F_C wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
I agree. I think the players look shattered to be honest. I wonder if the extra mid-week training session might be too much if we are playing frequently
They only train once when playing midweek

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm

sada8022 wrote:When we were watching the Kiddy game 2 of their subs were warming up next to us, one of them said to the other watch this long diagonal ball to the big guy up front, and this is what happened they were waiting for it.
Obviously they had done homework and we are so predicable.
Long punts and diagonal "crosses" are meat and drink for defenders. Even those two levels down from us. Marss & Watson cross too early and a lot of balls are floated up weakly into the box. All this was pointed out by Wainy on Darlo Fans Radio on Saturday. Some attacking coaching is needed now, rather than excuses or signing more strikers.
We'd get a better goal tally and gather more points if the bad passing was corrected.