Nowakowski to Bradford Park Avenue on loan

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Nowakowski to Bradford Park Avenue on loan

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:44 am

According to Craig Stoddart on Twitter
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

D_F_C

Re: Nowakowski to Bradford Park Avenue on loan

Post by D_F_C » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:36 pm

It's on the official site now.

He would be near the top of the list if people were moved on. I know a lot of people like him, but he's not a footballer. He's very good to bring on to defend a lead and can scrap with the best of them.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Is there any mention of how long the loan is? Hope we have a clause in his loan that he can't play, when they play us or can't we stipulate that?

bga

Post by bga » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:32 pm

D_F_C wrote:It's on the official site now.

He would be near the top of the list if people were moved on. I know a lot of people like him, but he's not a footballer. He's very good to bring on to defend a lead and can scrap with the best of them.
"But he's not a footballer" bit harsh! Think the majority on here would agree we have not seen enough of him to make up our minds have we?
I stand by my comments on the "Amar available for loan" thread. Looks like we may only have 15 players to select from on Saturday 2 of whom are Keepers, 3 are Forwards, if Jameson, Turnbull and Burgess are not fit do the maths. I cannot understand why Nowakowski has been allowed to go on loan!

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:15 pm

To free up money for another signing?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:17 pm

bga wrote:

"But he's not a footballer" bit harsh! Think the majority on here would agree we have not seen enough of him to make up our minds have we?
I stand by my comments on the "Amar available for loan" thread. Looks like we may only have 15 players to select from on Saturday 2 of whom are Keepers, 3 are Forwards, if Jameson, Turnbull and Burgess are not fit do the maths. I cannot understand why Nowakowski has been allowed to go on loan!

Because we have to work to a budget, simple really.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Too free up money we have simply not got..... big budget out of the FA cup no game for 2 weeks only speculation but ive heard mitchell is next to leave.... wether thats true is another matter time will tell
Last edited by Craig09 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:00 pm

There must be some faith held in Wearmouth to have him on the books while Nightingale, Nowakowski and potentially others are let go, assuming hes costing us money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:40 am

Perhaps he's planning to include some of our yoof team? As we can only use 14 players 15 should do it!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:36 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Perhaps he's planning to include some of our yoof team? As we can only use 14 players 15 should do it!
Gray is always trying to bring through youth players, but hardly any seem to have made the grade recently. Perhaps the reserve side will help in our youth development and help them to move up to the first team squad.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:40 am

Fingers crossed that some of the injured list are fit enough to play.

The FA Cup debacle must have hit the projected 2016-17 income of the club heavily, so DFC may have to make do and mend. The BM opening delay must also have effected the budget.

2 players were sent out on 1 month loans and one good midfielder was let go. while Scott is suspended, so I suppose DFC expect some of the injured outfielders are mended and fit enough to take on in-form Brackley.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:35 am

Okay we were knocked out of the cup and all credit to Lancaster. We don't have a right to progress and I hope we didn't budget as if we would as that would be pretty reckless. We need to get over this and move on. The cups full of upsets every year and we're doing brilliantly in the league with a number of difficult injuries. Its in the past!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:16 am

Spyman wrote:There must be some faith held in Wearmouth to have him on the books while Nightingale, Nowakowski and potentially others are let go, assuming hes costing us money.
He's under contract. We can't just get rid of him because he is injured (nor should we).

aveda

Post by aveda » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Fingers crossed that some of the injured list are fit enough to play.

The FA Cup debacle must have hit the projected 2016-17 income of the club heavily, so DFC may have to make do and mend. The BM opening delay must also have effected the budget.

2 players were sent out on 1 month loans and one good midfielder was let go. while Scott is suspended, so I suppose DFC expect some of the injured outfielders are mended and fit enough to take on in-form Brackley.
There goes that word 'debacle' again. We lost a match, it's disappointing but it happens.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 am

In previous season's we haven't budgeted for cup income. I don't expect we will have done so for this season either.

The real blow to the budget is the fact that we haven't started the season at Blackwell Meadows as expected when the fundraising was launched & at a time when the budget for this season would have been decided by the board.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:In previous season's we haven't budgeted for cup income. I don't expect we will have done so for this season either.

The real blow to the budget is the fact that we haven't started the season at Blackwell Meadows as expected when the fundraising was launched & at a time when the budget for this season would have been decided by the board.
Spot on with your first point Robbie you are correct. Any Cup income would be an unexpected windfall.

Regards your second point I am not so sure that is the case. The Budget would surely have been set with an anticipated return date to BM during the season. I doubt the Board anticipated/projected a return last August, so the Budget should reflect that. Which leaves the question...............One for The Fans Forum perhaps?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:04 pm

bga wrote:

In most of the recent games he's played my opinion is that he hoofs too much. The BPA game he just whacked it in the air every time he was near the ball. Not slating him as a player, just hasn't got the same culture as some of the rest

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm

D_F_C wrote:
bga wrote:

In most of the recent games he's played my opinion is that he hoofs too much. The BPA game he just whacked it in the air every time he was near the ball. Not slating him as a player, just hasn't got the same culture as some of the rest
In that game everyone just whacked it in the air....Probably the worst performance I have seen since Staunton was in charge.
My own opinion is that Nowakowski is a better CB than Galbraith and that he is a better Centre midfielder than Scott..
He also could play in several positions that I think would have eased our injury and suspension problems.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 pm

My opinion wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
bga wrote:

In that game everyone just whacked it in the air....Probably the worst performance I have seen since Staunton was in charge.
My own opinion is that Nowakowski is a better CB than Galbraith and that he is a better Centre midfielder than Scott..
He also could play in several positions that I think would have eased our injury and suspension problems.
Totally agree My Opinion.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:35 pm

bga wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:In previous season's we haven't budgeted for cup income. I don't expect we will have done so for this season either.

Spot on with your first point Robbie you are correct. Any Cup income would be an unexpected windfall.

Regards your second point I am not so sure that is the case. The Budget would surely have been set with an anticipated return date to BM during the season. I doubt the Board anticipated/projected a return last August, so the Budget should reflect that. Which leaves the question...............One for The Fans Forum perhaps?
Budget would have been set as early as April/May, I would imagine we would have expected to be back in Darlo therefore budget would have stuck at last years levels at least (which was set at being in Darlo), however programme notes advised we have increased budget from last year.

So the longer we spend at BM the more chance budget will be challenged, although we have actually had an increase in attendances this season with an increase in prices, this should reduce the difference between budget and revenue whilst at Bishop.

I am sure it's something on the boards mind. Last season budget was over revenue and we haven't reduced this year.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 pm

With the arrival of Falkingham its no surprise Gray would be looking to offload a midfielder. Turnbull is our best midfielder so it was never going to be him and both Scott and Portas have always been ahead of Nowakowski, it would seem to me its just a case of balancing the books

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:53 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
bga wrote:

Budget would have been set as early as April/May, I would imagine we would have expected to be back in Darlo therefore budget would have stuck at last years levels at least (which was set at being in Darlo), however programme notes advised we have increased budget from last year.

So the longer we spend at BM the more chance budget will be challenged, although we have actually had an increase in attendances this season with an increase in prices, this should reduce the difference between budget and revenue whilst at Bishop.

I am sure it's something on the boards mind. Last season budget was over revenue and we haven't reduced this year.
Only the Board know for certain I guess, but Les if Budget was "set as early April/May" we would have known then we would not be back in Darlo for the start of the season which was my point!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Not sure they would have known fully then but they would have been an inklin, although to reduce the budget by say 50k who would we get rid of. Turnbull perhaps muted he is one of the higher earners, sell Cartman maybe or do we continue with plan as we did last season and hope higher attendances/getting back to Darlo early can make the difference with a cup run thrown in.

Either way I would guess we are challenged on budget however average crowds have been above expected and if they jump further than what was expected when we are back in Darlo the budget should not exceed revenue.

Biggest problem the board have they are budgeting for the unknown/unexpected currently, which must make it a challenge although we had similar last year.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm

SLM speaks a lot of sense

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 am

Bit surprised no one on the Forum has wished the lad all the best and give thanks for his efforts, even if most of the time he was keeping the bench warm. Recently he has stepped up to the plate when injuries and suspensions hit the team. Cheers, Adam

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:59 am

Let's not forget that both he and Amar are only on short term loans and can most likely could be recalled and now we are up and running in the Wearside League with our reserve team they may yet be back to feature in that and be available for first team duties if needed.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Daidy

Post by Daidy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:46 pm

I understand we will be taking Tom Davie from Bradford Park Avenue, a winger. Ex-Hull City youngster who played for Frickley last season before moving to BPA.