It's not been my day.

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

It's not been my day.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:42 pm

As days go, today has been pretty crap. Was supposed to be going to Australia today to pick up a cruise from Sydney going to New Zealand. We were taking the mother-in-law as well. Stayed at Manchester Airport last night, so that there wouldn't be too early a start and no stress, little did I know!!! We got to check in and my wife produces one of my sons instead of mine. Rang my father in law who drove to our house to pick up the passport and drive to Manchester Airport. Unfortunately he arrived 7 minutes after the flight had shut and they wouldn't put me on.

My wife and mother-in-law took the flight, as they would have lost their money as well.

So now I've had to book a single flight to Melbourne, where the cruise ship is next to dock.

Finally I got back too late to watch Darlo play.

At least they won.

Just wanted to get things of my chest as naturally I'm a bit peeved.

Feethams 1966

Re: It's not been my day.

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:29 pm

And I thought I was having a crap day too. I bought a new padlock for my garage but the first time I put the key in it, the insides jammed up. So now I can't get my car out of the garage and I missed today's match.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:And I thought I was having a crap day too. I bought a new padlock for my garage but the first time I put the key in it, the insides jammed up. So now I can't get my car out of the garage and I missed today's match.
Not quite as bad as mine and certainly not as expensive, unless it was made of solid gold!!

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 pm

I'd have passed out with shock,Pete. :shock: proper bad day that.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am

Not as bad as what happened to one of my mates, got to Manchester airport on time with the correct passport only to be told they wouldnt let him on as the passport had been slightly damaged on a corner so they couldnt be sure he hadnt faked it!
In your case Pete I'd have double checked the passports before leaving the house. Hindsight is a great thing.

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 pm

The first thing I'm going to do when I retire (in 16 years, 3 months and 2 days - not that I'm counting :lol: ) is a 100+ day world cruise.

What a way to see the world.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Do you think that missing this flight might be karma for your earlier holiday in Turkey, where you hoped hundreds of people would get killed in order for your holiday to be cancelled?

Did you get out of that holiday by the way?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Quakerz wrote:Do you think that missing this flight might be karma for your earlier holiday in Turkey, where you hoped hundreds of people would get killed in order for your holiday to be cancelled?

No, he went. He spent a week counting grains of sand on different beaches and ranking the beaches based on how much sand they had, but the locals got sick of him after a while and launched a military coup to scare him off. It was all over the news; I'm surprised you missed it actually.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Pete must have a well paying Saturday job to afford his James Bondsish lifestyle 8-)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Quakerz wrote:Do you think that missing this flight might be karma for your earlier holiday in Turkey, where you hoped hundreds of people would get killed in order for your holiday to be cancelled?

Yes Q I did go to Turkey when the coup happened.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Just got back. Flight was booked a day too early to Melbourne, so also had to pay for a night's accommodation as well!! When I finally caught up with the cruise boat in Melbourne, I discovered that because we had booked not transferable tickets on the flight their and back, Cathay Pacific had cancelled my tickets back from New Zealand. So to reinstate the tickets I had to pay an extra amount just to come back on a flight I was already booked on.
Flight home was going well until just my case didn't make the transfer over to the Heathrow to Manchester flight, so had to wait over an hour for the next flight home. Finally had some great weather down under and then went from summer to snow back home, what is all that about?

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Aye ,but did you get to wear your Darlo shirt at Captain's table?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 pm

No took my dinner suit and wore it 2 times, never even saw the captain.