Marine v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

My opinion
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Marine v Darlington Match Thread

Post by My opinion » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Gray has got to stop the rot NOW, not good enough, totally embarrassed with that result, for gods sake Gray bring some defenders in who can keep a clean sheet for gods sake and get rid of players who are not good enough.No excuses, get it sorted.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
First of all you are wanting to replace Syres and Falkingham..Then your asking gray to to bring in some defenders...
And you say it's NOT an over reaction.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Does this officially count as a bad run then?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 pm

It's a massive overreaction, although Gray has some thinking to do and normally in these situations he sorts it out.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 pm

If it means sorting the defence out then yes, get rid of those 2 who have been poor lately.Any better suggestions to try and get us a clean sheet?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:09 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:If it means sorting the defence out then yes, get rid of those 2 who have been poor lately.Any better suggestions to try and get us a clean sheet?

So Syers who has hardly started needs to go because the defence have let some goals in, you have been thinking this through for a while then?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:10 pm

At least it's not a league defeat but it's £4K lost and possibly more

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Been waiting for that second clean sheet for a long time now. Defence hasn't been a problem that's just cropped up in the last few games, it's been a problem all season. Gotta keep faith in Gray to sort it out, strategy of outscoring your opponent regardless of how many you concede is a dangerous one.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Just hope we are going through a sticky patch, I have faith in Gray turning this bad run around, it has happened in previous seasons, but he has still managed to get us where we need to be. IN MARTIN WE TRUST!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 pm

woody58 wrote:Just hope we are going through a sticky patch, I have faith in Gray turning this bad run around, it has happened in previous seasons, but he has still managed to get us where we need to be. IN MARTIN WE TRUST!
Agree with this...

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:17 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:If it means sorting the defence out then yes, get rid of those 2 who have been poor lately.Any better suggestions to try and get us a clean sheet?

You're funny. Keep going.

P.S. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that if we got rid of every player who went on a bad run, we might as well install a permanently revolving door at Blackwell Meadows. Oh, getting rid of the players would cost a fortune for a club with better ways to spend the money.

Disappointing result - yes.
Bad run of form - yes.
Is it the end of the world? Not at all.

Of course it's a missed opportunity of revenue, and letting a two goal lead slip against a lower division team is massively embarrassing. And indeed, in a season where being promoted would cause a whole manner of issues, going out of the FA Cup and Trophy early stings more.

But calling for wholesale changes on the back of 4/5 poor games is kneejerking to the extreme.

Gray has to sort it out with the players he has - the same players who've taken us to the play-off places in the Conference North.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Well let's just see how MG reacts to this shocker, Syers has been poor lately the same as Falkingham and with Portas on his way back one of these 2 or possibly both could go.One clean sheet is poor , Marine and Lancaster have put 7 past us, happy with that are we?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Well let's just see how MG reacts to this shocker, Syers has been poor lately the same as Falkingham and with Portas on his way back one of these 2 or possibly both could go.One clean sheet is poor , Marine and Lancaster have put 7 past us, happy with that are we?

No ones happy, just some understand that this happens in football and work has to be done to resolve, a hissy fit doesn't help.

The last two seasons when we won promotion we had a bad spell, even in the NL I remember us losing to Team Northumbria and Newton Aycliffe and the same hissy fit was going on then.

Certainly not happy but Gray will do what he needs to do, he has every other time.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:27 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Well let's just see how MG reacts to this shocker, Syers has been poor lately the same as Falkingham and with Portas on his way back one of these 2 or possibly both could go.One clean sheet is poor , Marine and Lancaster have put 7 past us, happy with that are we?

Alright calm down we're not Manchester Fucking City, this is what we might have to get use to sometimes going on bad runs. We are not going to steamroller over teams and yes Marine and Lancaster have beat us, it happens get over yourself.

I would not want to see us pay over the odds on wages for players when we are moving to a new ground. Keep the faith Gray will sort it and even if he doesn't we still have a football club, remember where we came from not where we want to be.

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Interesting to see how Stockport fare on Saturday.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:32 pm

No one is saying they are happy....But you are the only one on here who is wanting wholesale changes..
Gray will get it right, he needs a little more time as we go up through the leagues

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 pm

I am not saying pay out more wages to bring players in, the squad will probably be looked at with a view to making us better at the back, if that means releasing players then so be it.Craig Stoddart has said already our defence is porous, I am sure MG will realise this also so let's see what happens before our next game.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:37 pm

We don't need wholesale changes - someone needs to remember what it's like to have a poor run of form. It happens with being in a competitive league, and unfortunately it's carried on into the cup. We're fifth in the league - hardly a disaster, particularly when most would have accepted mid table before the season started.

Clearly the defence needs work, but unless the right players are available at the right price, then it will have to be sorted out with the players we've got at the club.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:39 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:If it means sorting the defence out then yes, get rid of those 2 who have been poor lately.Any better suggestions to try and get us a clean sheet
You were in the DFR chatroom earlier, weren't you?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 pm

The writing was on the wall when the team-sheet came out and our best centre half in Burgess was unavailable.

So disappointing in all honesty but we're on a bad run at the moment. I feel like there is quality there in the side (as evidenced in our league position) but we're not hitting it at the moment.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 pm

MG has been in this position afew times and sorted things out, its clear our problems this season lie with our defence, MG aint stupid, he'll be well aware of it. Since coming through the leagues our midfield and strike force have been improved on time and time, if there has been a chance of signing a Cartman, Gillies etc Gray has done it, maybes now its time to do this with the defence. We are in a good position in the league, we're only afew players away from being serious contenders to make the play offs and win them

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:59 pm

loan_star wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Gray needs to freshen up his squad and get rid of those who are not good enough and bring new blood in, Falkingham and Syers for starters.

First over reaction of the night :roll:
I know, I'm sure it were there fault...ImageImage

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 pm

It feels like a bad run more so because we've been on such an amazing run before that. Draws with Salford and £ylde are not too shabby and Tamworth beat both of those and us too. The cup games well, we don't do cups really do we (2011 excepted)

3 very tough games on the horizon with Kiddy and 2 x Halifax next, should be interesting

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm

I hope Danny Rowe gets snapped up by a bigger club too, 30 goals already is ridiculous

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 pm

I don't tend to criticise but I wonder why Gary has to take so many throw ins and cartman was doing okay. I would have left him on. They were really up for it and battled to the end. Hate to say it but quakerz was right! Their second was an absolute belter.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:28 pm

DL5 wrote:It feels like a bad run more so because we've been on such an amazing run before that. Draws with Salford and £ylde are not too shabby and Tamworth beat both of those and us too. The cup games well, we don't do cups really do we (2011 excepted)
Draws with Fylde and Salford are nothing to be ashamed about. As DL5 has already said, Tamworth have beaten the biggest teams and are the most dangerous team in the league after recovering from a poor start.

The biggest frustration is the loss of cash from a cup run, but let us not pretend we are in the middle of a crisis. We are most definitely not.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Just shite, no win in 6 now.

Backline is terrible at the moment and we're crying out for an experienced defender.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Defence has been an issue for a while. It is worrying that we are seeing no improvement in it. Having to score 3 goals a game to win matches is very difficult. Gray has usually acted quickly when a weakness has been identified in the past. Seems to be taking his time over this. Good to see Hardy/Cartman partnership yield a goal apiece. Perhaps we have got a plan b after all.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:44 am

Our attackers have been bailing us out all season. Some fans have been spoiled by the excellent start to the season we had coupled with how good we were last season. Realistically upper mid table this season would be a reasonable finish, and ultimately we're proving to be a bit top heavy at this level. It's not the end of the world. We've seen more than enough to know there's no chance we'll be in any sort of trouble of going down. We don't need to do anything with desperation at this point. Of course Gray will be pushing for promotion, but if we end up falling a bit short of playoffs because of a leaky defense then it's something to look at in summer. After the first legitimately poor run we've had for about 18 months, we're still doing very well this season given how far in we are and how much the quality has gone up from last season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:21 am

We have strengthened our midfield and strikeforce, but apart from Maars the defence remains unchanged. Things cannot be allowed to continue drifting along as they are, but I'm sure Gray already knows that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 am

Darlofan97 wrote:The writing was on the wall when the team-sheet came out and our best centre half in Burgess was unavailable.

So disappointing in all honesty but we're on a bad run at the moment. I feel like there is quality there in the side (as evidenced in our league position) but we're not hitting it at the moment.
Sorry, but you're saying without Burgess we can't expect to hold a 2 goal lead against lower league opposition?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC