Tickets so far

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tickets so far

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:well happy. money in the bank. just need that beer tent full and we can start getting some pennies together

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Beer tent won't be up for Boxing day.
How do you know this?
Read it on Anth McMaster's (Darlo commercial person) twitter: https://twitter.com/Anth_Mc/status/810131529791930368
Disappointing to say the least :(

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:30 pm

That's a big opportunity missed and I can't understand why it's happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:That's a big opportunity missed and I can't understand why it's happened!

could it be licencing issues? ie there is not sufficient time to obtain the necessary alcohol licence for sales in the marquee since the completion date of the building works was sufficiently certain to make the application.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:54 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:That's a big opportunity missed and I can't understand why it's happened!

Presumably they couldn't get it done in time. Apparently its going to be decently done, with heating, proper floors, tvs, etc.

Would be good for club to clarify that there won't be any where to have a (alcoholic) drink at BM on boxing day - don't want people turning up with the wrong expectations.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:

Presumably they couldn't get it done in time. Apparently its going to be decently done, with heating, proper floors, tvs, etc.

Would be good for club to clarify that there won't be any where to have a (alcoholic) drink at BM on boxing day - don't want people turning up with the wrong expectations.
Agreed.They were quick enough to tell us we could get a drink for £20 but seem to have kept this to themselves for some reason.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Just making this game happen has been an epic effort by the board, supporters club officials and all the other volunteers. I personally don't think the absence of a beer tent should be an issue on day one. There's bound to be small 'issues' for a few games until everyone has settled in to their match day routine of parking, drinking etc...

Playing football again in Darlington is all that matters ......

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 pm

agreed. we are home now we can build on the matchday experience as we go. i think a decent boxing day performance is more important. we know how awful we can be infront of a big crowd

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 pm

DarloPeGi wrote:Just making this game happen has been an epic effort by the board, supporters club officials and all the other volunteers. I personally don't think the absence of a beer tent should be an issue on day one. There's bound to be small 'issues' for a few games until everyone has settled in to their match day routine of parking, drinking etc...

Playing football again in Darlington is all that matters ......

Yes, that's all it is a 'small issue' and it is important people raise small issues rather than just bury their heads in the sand and tell people to shut up and be happy. We are all delighted that the club are back in town again, we are also entlitled to raise small issues so that they things can slowly be be improved and the club can attract more supporters.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Drinking in the town then walking along to the match is a cracking upgrade from drinking in the town and sobering up on the drive to Bishop! I'll take what I can get for now, however...

..howcome I can go to away games and they can sell cans for £2 a pop, pour them into plastic glasses, no rules, no issues, drink by the pitch (despite the large attendances) etc, yet DFC never seem to have this benefit? What's stopping us bulk buying cans and flogging them? I really don't see how it's not an issue for other clubs when we miss out every time. :crazy:

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:12 pm

TDS wrote:Drinking in the town then walking along to the match is a cracking upgrade from drinking in the town and sobering up on the drive to Bishop! I'll take what I can get for now, however...

..howcome I can go to away games and they can sell cans for £2 a pop, pour them into plastic glasses, no rules, no issues, drink by the pitch (despite the large attendances) etc, yet DFC never seem to have this benefit? What's stopping us bulk buying cans and flogging them? I really don't see how it's not an issue for other clubs when we miss out every time. :crazy:
Is it allowed in the conf north? I'm not sure given our issues with idiot fans over past few seasons whether this is a good idea.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
TDS wrote:Drinking in the town then walking along to the match is a cracking upgrade from drinking in the town and sobering up on the drive to Bishop! I'll take what I can get for now, however...

Is it allowed in the conf north? I'm not sure given our issues with idiot fans over past few seasons whether this is a good idea.
Possibly not! Thing is, they set off at 8am with a crate each, 90 minutes of no drinking isn't going to change anything. We should be able to properly manage selling beer and policing any fallout, the town centre is full of trouble on a Saturday as it is!

I guess I don't see why it is a revenue stream we miss out on.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Durham FA say beer can only be sold and consumed in clubhouse!

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:32 pm

spen666 wrote:

could it be licencing issues? ie there is not sufficient time to obtain the necessary alcohol licence for sales in the marquee since the completion date of the building works was sufficiently certain to make the application.

A license for the Marquee can be obtained in 7 days.
I know this as I obtained the licence for the DRFC Marquee for the opening of Blackwell Meadow in 1994. A dinner was held on the grounds after the opening game v the Old Belvedere Rugby Club from Ireland.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Just a question where will the press be going at the ground.

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:38 pm

footifan wrote:
spen666 wrote:

I know this as I obtained the licence for the DRFC Marquee for the opening of Blackwell Meadow in 1994. A dinner was held on the grounds after the opening game v the Old Belvedere Rugby Club from Ireland.

The licence depends on how many Temporary Events notices have been requested in 2016, only a certain number are allowed in any calendar year.

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:20 pm

dfclincolnshire wrote:
footifan wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The licence depends on how many Temporary Events notices have been requested in 2016, only a certain number are allowed in any calendar year.
Yes correct Lincs... That is on a personal licence, a max of 10 events per annum.
Back in those days DRFC only held a Private Members Licence...they could not have a bar outside the clubhouse even on their own property. That is why they used my Full/ Off Licence... Either way the original point made by Spendy was perhaps it was a delay in licencing... If a special licence was needed 7 days is usually enough unless there is an objection. I would imagine that DRFC now hold a full licence or similar these days anyway.