NUNEATON GAME

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NUNEATON GAME

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Surely we should be selling out every game now we are back in Darlo... I've just purchased mine via DFCSG with a payment from my bank it's so easy, well done all...
I hope in the future we can get a facility where we can print our own or something along those lines...
How often have we averaged over 3k crowds in the past? Not that often. Especially taking into account the spartan facilities & poor viewing as currently setup at BM.

Personally I'd be delighted if we averaged 2k going forward. Remember it was only this time last year that the directors were aiming for a 1.5k average on return to Darlo.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Surely we should be selling out every game now we are back in Darlo... I've just purchased mine via DFCSG with a payment from my bank it's so easy, well done all...
I hope in the future we can get a facility where we can print our own or something along those lines...
How often have we averaged over 3k crowds in the past? Not that often. Especially taking into account the spartan facilities & poor viewing as currently setup at BM.

Personally I'd be delighted if we averaged 2k going forward. Remember it was only this time last year that the directors were aiming for a 1.5k average on return to Darlo.
I agree 2,000 would be great going forward. I hope the Directors have not increased their prediction (1,500) for budgeting purposes, or do you think it has increased since last year? The sooner the Club holds the delayed AGM (it was Nov. 2015 last year I think) the better so these questions can be answered.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:42 pm

bga wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

I agree 2,000 would be great going forward. I hope the Directors have not increased their prediction (1,500) for budgeting purposes, or do you think it has increased since last year? The sooner the Club holds the delayed AGM (it was Nov. 2015 last year I think) the better so these questions can be answered.
Yes AGM is very late this year. Understandably due to focus on getting BM ready but I'd hope going forward it would be held within 4 or at latest 5 months of financial year ending.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Agree Robbie the sooner the better

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Think our Financial year ends 30th June so nearly 7 months now and counting!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:

Given the amount of early leavers on Boxing Day and the complaints about viewing,prices etc I can see this game getting around 22/23 hundred.Still a good number for this level but unless we make the playoffs I doubt we'll fill the place this season.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:27 pm

We'll be back to the hardcore fairly swiftly, but that will be a small but notable increase on those who travelled to Bishop, due to being in the town. I would be absolutely delighted if we could average in excess of 2,000 for the season.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

Given the amount of early leavers on Boxing Day and the complaints about viewing,prices etc I can see this game getting around 22/23 hundred.Still a good number for this level but unless we make the playoffs I doubt we'll fill the place this season.
Anything above 2k on Sat and I will be happy, although I think I may be setting my sights low but all ticket and only DFCSG available to buy until Thu evening means people have to go out of their way again for this one.

I am actually hoping I am wrong and we have a great take up of tickets again, although the viewing issues this may cause isn't great but at least the whole ground will be available this week.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Let's not forget the few hundred or so that didn't want to travel Bishop but now we are back in the town they should come back now...

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Let's not forget the few hundred or so that didn't want to travel Bishop but now we are back in the town they should come back now...
Of course they will. We only need a few hundred to average 2000 per match, which is what I told you about a million times already. For some reason you've never been able to take it seriously.

Just to re-iterate, we WILL average 2000+ at BM this season (though because we spent half a season at Bishop, it might be difficult to average 2000 overall this season) and we WILL average 2000+ next season, in our first full season at BM - and you can put your house on that.

After that, crowds will inevitably decline unless we're doing really well and achieving more each season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm in agreement, we should average over 2000. There's 14 teams in the league above with lower averages and no-one in national south gets anywhere near our average attendance. Even Barnet only get 50 more per game in league 2.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 am

Some folks need to give their heads a good shake.
Already this season at H.P we have had gates of 2001, 1996, 1730, and 1729.
Many people vowed not to watch us again until we were back in town, and with two guaranteed full houses against F.C.U.M and Harrogate , late season home games with Telford and Tamworth which should produce big gates as we will be fighting for a play-off place, there is no doubt that average home gates will be in excess of 2000 if not nearer 2500.
Darlington F.C did not come into existence in the Northern League in 2012. There are a lot of latent supporters who will be tempted back by a successful team.

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 pm

banktopp wrote:Some folks need to give their heads a good shake.
Many people vowed not to watch us again until we were back in town, and with two guaranteed full houses against F.C.U.M and Harrogate , late season home games with Telford and Tamworth which should produce big gates as we will be fighting for a play-off place, there is no doubt that average home gates will be in excess of 2000 if not nearer 2500.
Darlington F.C did not come into existence in the Northern League in 2012. There are a lot of latent supporters who will be tempted back by a successful team.
The crowd will not increase unless the newcomers can actually see, as it stands if we get a big crowd many cannot get a decent view. It does not take much for people to find an excuse !

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:50 pm

sada8022 wrote:
The crowd will not increase unless the newcomers can actually see, as it stands if we get a big crowd many cannot get a decent view. It does not take much for people to find an excuse !
It's stating the obvious to state that newcomers may not be tempted back if they can't see - but you're saying it like we're making a choice not to offer good views!

We have no choice and can only build more terracing and put more seating in, as and when we've raised more money.

This ground is going to be a work in progress over the coming seasons, but it will improve bit by bit.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Quakerz wrote:
sada8022 wrote:
It's stating the obvious to state that newcomers may not be tempted back if they can't see - but you're saying it like we're making a choice not to offer good views!

We have no choice and can only build more terracing and put more seating in, as and when we've raised more money.

This ground is going to be a work in progress over the coming seasons, but it will improve bit by bit.
People keep saying we are going to average big crowds but people wont keep coming if the cant see. I know there will be a long term plan but short term crows wont increase if they cant see.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

sada8022 wrote: ...
People keep saying we are going to average big crowds but people wont keep coming if the cant see. I know there will be a long term plan but short term crows wont increase if they cant see.

The crows will have no problem finding a viewpoint above the crowds

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:43 pm

I think most people will get a decent view in a crowd of 2-2,500 when it's unsegregated, and comparing those sorts of figures to recent seasons would make them big crowds.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Any idea on how many we have sold so far?

dfcgh

Post by dfcgh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:33 pm

I got a ticket this morning which was number 480

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 pm

I got 584 at 18:05 this evening, so that's pretty good given that they are only on sale to DFCSG members (and a fair proportion of members are already ST holders).

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 am

carlodarlo wrote:Creates a problem for me with it being all ticket, I manage a football team in Cumbria and we play on Saturdays kicking off at 2pm. If my game is called off (frozen pitch, waterlogged, etc) its usually done around 11am on the Saturday and only then can I know I can attend the Darlington game (whether it's home or away). I've been to 6 games this season, managed about 15 last season due to all the midweek games. There is no point in me buying a season ticket as I'm not guaranteed to attend any weekend games and I can't pre order tickets as like I say I don't know if I can attend until the Saturday. I appreciate its early days and demand is high with the move back to town, hopefully will settle down and games go back to being pay on the gate. Just a bit frustrating, must be others in a similar situation?

Same for me carlodarlo

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Hopefully Tommy Wright will get a good reception when he returns as manager of Nuneaton.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Unsegregated, I think views would be fine around 2800.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully Tommy Wright will get a good reception when he returns as manager of Nuneaton.
Why?.He was at the club for 5minutes.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully Tommy Wright will get a good reception when he returns as manager of Nuneaton.
21 goals in 76 games across two spells (so says good old Wikipedia, anyway) and a member of the FA Trophy winning squad.

Although I'd personally give him a much warmer welcome if he'd got that header in the final on target at the end of normal time :evil:

Have they still got Exodus?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:16 pm

24 goals in 86 games I reckon.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:18 pm

mikkyx wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
21 goals in 76 games across two spells (so says good old Wikipedia, anyway) and a member of the FA Trophy winning squad.

Although I'd personally give him a much warmer welcome if he'd got that header in the final on target at the end of normal time :evil:

Have they still got Exodus?

He put in a lot of work at Wembley. A bit of an unsung hero for me that day.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Think that deserves a warmish welcome. Yes exodus has been marshalling their defence.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 pm

This game is no longer all ticket. Pay on the gate.

Just announced by the club.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Wonder how many we sold today was about 600 yesterday.