Jenny Chapman's embarrassing Darlo . . .

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Henley
Team Supported: Darlington

Jenny Chapman's embarrassing Darlo . . .

Post by Henley » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

. . . with her Article 50 speech.

Twitter is destroying her :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Re: Jenny Chapman's embarrassing Darlo . . .

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 am

I don't do twitter, what did she say, she supports Brexit, like her constituents did in the vote, per chance?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 am

That is how she voted anyway. Searched for her name and all I can find is "good closing speech", "should use her more" comments.

Apart from one guy who said because she voted to trigger article 50 he would no longer vote for her

Hardly getting destroyed. She was clear that it wasn't her choice but ultimately 58% of her constituents voted for it so she is there to represent them. Just because someone represents a population doesn't mean they have to agree.

Surely it would be completely dishonest if she suddenly became in favour of Brexit. FWIW dot particularly like Chapman - she was pathetic during the referendum - petty during the Labour leadership challenges.

At the same time anything a politician says anything there will be people who reply on twitter on both directions she got as much support as she got challenge from what I can make out - appreciate that doesn't suit your agenda though.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 am

You'd clearly be a s*** detective seeing as you've managed to miss all the (non-exhaustive) tweets below :roll:
Jenny Chapman showing just what ignorance is and how Labour are fooked
Unconvincing from @JennyChapman as Labour fails to oppose Tory Brexit. Even worse from minister reading script written before debate.

Your being charitable Tommy ,she was toe curlingly awful .Great contribution BTW.
That was a terrible speech from Jenny Chapman. Terrible
this jenny chapman mp speech. Totally dreadful. U need to check it out. Squirming
Jenny Chapman wouldn't want to be married to her..talk & talk and Talk you would rather hang yourself.
Bloody hell @JennyChapman shut the hell up NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU #brexitbill #Article50
I was booing AT her "speech" from my tea.
JennyChapman Given the amount of scare mongering in your speech you've got a great career awaiting writing horror flics.
Well, that was a load of gobbledygook from Jenny Chapman #BrexitBill
Jenny Chapman speech. Is this some kind of a sick joke? #article50bill
JennyChapman Please shut up
Jenny Chapman (Lab) delivering one of the most incomprehensible speeches it has ever been my misfortune to hear!
This jenny chapman speech is a comedy. It is utterly pathetic. Starmer is having a heart attack beside her. Truly dreadful.
For christ sake jenny Chapman let someome else speak up
Who is this Jenny Chapman silly cow rambling on ....ffs fuck off !
Jenny Chapman seems to be enjoying herself. No one else is. Bored faces all round. MPs look as if they are about to nod off #BrexitBill
#Article50 Spinning Jenny Chapman needs to shut up what a boring mingebag! ! <<< my favourite
Jenny Chapman MP should be ashamed of wasting time with platitudes. #useless #article50bill Witless rubbish. Get off.
This Jenny Chapman person is pretty unimpressive.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:04 am

I just put "Jenny Chapman" on twitter.

"Good in control comments from @JennyChapman on R4. Lab should use her more @carolynquinncq"

"Very good speech by Jenny Chapman. Brexit must now happen but the govt will never be given a blank cheque from #Labour #BrexitBill"

"Excellent speech @JennyChapman MP @UKLabour Darlington - We must proceed for 100% of the people of Britain #brexitdebate"

"Serious and adult from Jenny Chapman - well done Jenny. A credit to the Labour Front Bench."

"Good closing speech from @JennyChapman tonight. Strong words about the rise of the far right, risks to industry and society. #Article50"

Hardly I just said that there are two sides to the coin. Perhaps Twitter analytics points you in the direction of the ones more aligned with you.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am

I suppose you need to be a twitter user to know how to find all those bad quotes.

All I could find was this gem of George Galloway putting her to the sword :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzJPboFEoM

But I did find the text of her speech here...

http://myparliament.info/Debates/common ... on-1040506

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:56 pm

lo36789 wrote: Hardly I just said that there are two sides to the coin.
As is regularly the case, you're full of crap. You said this:
lo36789 wrote:Searched for her name and all I can find is "good closing speech", "should use her more" comments.
All you could find? You simply didn't bother scrolling down from the latest tweets.

The reason I knew she was getting abuse was because I noticed she was trending at #4 and thought "What's going on here?" and saw she was getting a kicking.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Henley wrote:
As is regularly the case, you're full of crap. You said this:
lo36789 wrote:Searched for her name and all I can find is "good closing speech", "should use her more" comments.
All you could find? You simply didn't bother scrolling down from the latest tweets.

The reason I knew she was getting abuse was because I noticed she was trending at #4 and thought "What's going on here?" and saw she was getting a kicking.
lo36789 wrote:At the same time anything a politician says anything there will be people who reply on twitter on both directions she got as much support as she got challenge from what I can make out - appreciate that doesn't suit your agenda though
Dear me it was only 2 paragraphs down that is quite selective reading - well yes I didn't spend a long time trawling that is what immediately pops up.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:Dear me it was only 2 paragraphs down that is quite selective reading - well yes I didn't spend a long time trawling that is what immediately pops up.
FFS. You're either very good at playing the idiot or simply are one. My money's on the latter.

You said:
which was wrong.

You didn't just say there were two sides to the coin as you also said:
To normal folk, "All you could find" suggests you actually did some looking, not whatever you did.

As ever with you, you talk shite; someone picks you up on talking shite; you then obfuscate/try and use sophistry to try in an attempt to cover the shite you've spoken which makes you only look even more of a throbber.

Just STFU :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Blatantly says I just stuck her name in? You really get wound up easy don't you, even Donald Trump bites less on social media.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:Blatantly says I just stuck her name in? You really get wound up easy don't you, even Donald Trump bites less on social media.
I just can't abide stupid people who think they're not.

Many apologies, I wasn't aware you had Asperger's.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Talking of Twitter trends . . .

#PrayforDiane :lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:01 pm

That is an insult to those with asperger's.

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:16 am

lo36789 wrote:That is an insult to those with asperger's.
You can laugh at yourself - that's a start :clap:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Found it and just watched it, and find myself in complete agreement with all the criticism below.

Wonder who wrote it (sounds like it was written by a committee)? Did they pull her name out of the hat to read it out?

It's hard work but here it is if anyone else wants to make head or tail of it...

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/6c ... n=18:36:15
Henley wrote:You'd clearly be a s*** detective seeing as you've managed to miss all the (non-exhaustive) tweets below :roll:
Jenny Chapman showing just what ignorance is and how Labour are fooked
Unconvincing from @JennyChapman as Labour fails to oppose Tory Brexit. Even worse from minister reading script written before debate.

Your being charitable Tommy ,she was toe curlingly awful .Great contribution BTW.
That was a terrible speech from Jenny Chapman. Terrible
this jenny chapman mp speech. Totally dreadful. U need to check it out. Squirming
Jenny Chapman wouldn't want to be married to her..talk & talk and Talk you would rather hang yourself.
Bloody hell @JennyChapman shut the hell up NO ONE IS LISTENING TO YOU #brexitbill #Article50
I was booing AT her "speech" from my tea.
JennyChapman Given the amount of scare mongering in your speech you've got a great career awaiting writing horror flics.
Well, that was a load of gobbledygook from Jenny Chapman #BrexitBill
Jenny Chapman speech. Is this some kind of a sick joke? #article50bill
JennyChapman Please shut up
Jenny Chapman (Lab) delivering one of the most incomprehensible speeches it has ever been my misfortune to hear!
This jenny chapman speech is a comedy. It is utterly pathetic. Starmer is having a heart attack beside her. Truly dreadful.
For christ sake jenny Chapman let someome else speak up
Who is this Jenny Chapman silly cow rambling on ....ffs fuck off !
Jenny Chapman seems to be enjoying herself. No one else is. Bored faces all round. MPs look as if they are about to nod off #BrexitBill
#Article50 Spinning Jenny Chapman needs to shut up what a boring mingebag! ! <<< my favourite
Jenny Chapman MP should be ashamed of wasting time with platitudes. #useless #article50bill Witless rubbish. Get off.
This Jenny Chapman person is pretty unimpressive.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:47 am

Bloody hell, not sure whether to thank you or condemn you for providing that link, that's a total embarrassment to British politics. Looked like Corbyn had fallen asleep during that ramble.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 am

The bit I didn't get is when Salmond asked her a question and then she got back up and started reading the answer to it from her script, which looked like it must have had one sentence per page, judging by the rate she was flipping those sheets of paper over.

It was like a badly performed stage show, that Salmond was in on.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 am

People forget that the majority of MPs are intellectually wanting (specifically, career politicians)

They're just one step up from teachers in not being able to cope in the real world of business and life.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:43 pm

I like how she kept put up her hand stopping people from interfering, saying just a minute. Clearly timekeeping isn't her strongest attribute!!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Henley wrote:People forget that the majority of MPs are intellectually wanting (specifically, career politicians)

They're just one step up from teachers in not being able to cope in the real world of business and life.
probs depends on your definition of intellect. I wouldn't fancy coming up against most of them in mastermind. Practical application and experience through use of that intellect probs can't disagree too much.

Not sure what it has to do with the teaching profession? Seems a bit needlessly offensive to suggest teachers can't cope in life.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Henley wrote:People forget that the majority of MPs are intellectually wanting (specifically, career politicians)

probs depends on your definition of intellect. I wouldn't fancy coming up against most of them in mastermind. Practical application and experience through use of that intellect probs can't disagree too much.

Not sure what it has to do with the teaching profession? Seems a bit needlessly offensive to suggest teachers can't cope in life.
MPs a threat on Mastermind?!? WTF!

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:23 pm

That is the extent of your argument a childish saying? It's an argument created to demean teachers nothing more.

Would it surprise you to know most teachers I know aren't in the occupation because they couldn't do anything else. It's because it is absolutely what they want to do - teachers have very little trouble getting jobs earning more money if they leave teaching than they do in it.

Teachers teach because of the fulfilment the role brings them.

If you think that the vast majority of MPs haven't got an awful lot going on between the ears you are quite frankly wrong. There are virtues to the argument around their lack of practical experience and awareness of 'the reality' so to speak.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Is this the same Jenny Chapman who fought hard to help Darlington FC in administration a few years ago?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Is this the same Jenny Chapman who fought hard to help Darlington FC in administration a few years ago?

Yes.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:That is the extent of your argument a childish saying? It's an argument created to demean teachers nothing more.

Would it surprise you to know most teachers I know aren't in the occupation because they couldn't do anything else. It's because it is absolutely what they want to do - teachers have very little trouble getting jobs earning more money if they leave teaching than they do in it.

If you think that the vast majority of MPs haven't got an awful lot going on between the ears you are quite frankly wrong. There are virtues to the argument around their lack of practical experience and awareness of 'the reality' so to speak.
Genuinely one of the most hilarious overreactions I've ever seen.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm

lo36789 wrote:That is the extent of your argument a childish saying? It's an argument created to demean teachers nothing more.

You're so tedious.

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Is this the same Jenny Chapman who fought hard to help Darlington FC in administration a few years ago?
As any MP would want to be seen doing :roll:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:12 pm

The problem I have with Chapman is that she spent all of last summer bleating about Corbyn and how terrible a leader he is (which in fairness, he is). But as soon as she was offered a shadow ministerial job after his re-election, she jumped straight back into the fold.

I did actually respect her up until that point, and thought she'd done a decent job as MP.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY