Richard Brodie

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Would you sign Brodie?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 39

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Richard Brodie

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:22 am

Sure we were in for him a few weeks ago but he chose to join Boston United instead (presumably money related).

Just seen that he has had his contract terminated, with no reason given, after three games.

Gregg Smith the big target man who was at Stamford last season is out for the season with a broken leg and with Brodie leaving they will have ex Carlisle man Karl Hawley upfront for our trip on Saturday.

Wonder why Brodie left and if Gray will be in for him again?
Last edited by DFCAnth on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emdubya

Re: Richard Brodie

Post by Emdubya » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:35 am

If Brodie is still based up here I would think traveling to Boston twice a week for training and back again on Saturday for a game would soon piss him off.
Or maybe,as has been suggested on here,he's an unreliable tosser.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:57 am

I can't see how Boston could offer more money than us? On top of that they would no doubt need to pay hefty expenses for travel to home games and also training if he trained down there.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 am

Cos he is a complete waste of time, he thinks he is a big time Charlie and would not have him anywhere near the dressing room.. The lad has issues!!!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:10 pm

There's always Poolie

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Quakerz wrote:I can't see how Boston could offer more money than us? On top of that they would no doubt need to pay hefty expenses for travel to home games and also training if he trained down there.
Boston did offer more money. Its twice now that Brodie has agreed to sign for us and then backed out when a better offer has come along. If Gray is still interested then I'd be very surprised.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
Quakerz wrote:I can't see how Boston could offer more money than us? On top of that they would no doubt need to pay hefty expenses for travel to home games and also training if he trained down there.
Boston did offer more money. Its twice now that Brodie has agreed to sign for us and then backed out when a better offer has come along. If Gray is still interested then I'd be very surprised.
Yes I know they offered more money, I just can't see how. As far as I'm aware they aren't bankrolled like some of the tinpot, clownshoe outfits that we often come across.

As for Brodie, maybe he's contacted Gray and said look I made a mistake, any chance the offer is still on?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:04 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Cos he is a complete waste of time, he thinks he is a big time Charlie and would not have him anywhere near the dressing room.. The lad has issues!!!
Dial B for Brodie!! :clap:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Get him signed up in time to score the winner at Boston.

Dial B.

B for Brodie.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Brodie completely slated for his lacklustre efforts during his brief spell there by the Boston fans. By all accounts he did nothing at all.

I can't see Gray getting anything else out of him, he has had enough chances.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Would rather have been facing Brodie than Hawley.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Brodie, he,s not what we need, a total big head who disrupts and can't toe the line, a know all who I wouldn't want ,he has bad attitude bad manner,s and bad mouth. lacklustre performances for Boston ,so why on earth would we want him.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Gary Mills soon shipped him out when he took over at York and I think he was at Southport for a short time before that so something is not right.Seems to have put on a few pounds by the look of things, cannot see MG going for him but you never know, could take a punt on a non contract.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Too many people making comments based on hearsay and reputation here.

Brodie can still be a class act and if anyone can get him back to peak form then Gray can.

If Gray can't then no one can, and yep I'd agree then he's probably finished.

A contract with some sort of a "if you fuck up, you're released, simple as that" clause is worth a punt and we'd lose nothing from the gamble.

I'll stick my neck out and predict that Brodie would come good for Darlo.

But I'll leave it up to Gray to decide on the gamble - if it was me I'd have dialled B for Brodie as soon as I heard the news. One last shot for the cherry cheeked chubster.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 pm

B for Mark Beck any day of the week over that clown. Wouldn't pick him infront of Beck, Cartman or Hardy and if that's the case, he wouldn't improve us, so we shouldn't sign him. Simple

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Hawley is still a good player - did well for Stourbridge when they beat us last season.

Didn't know he was at Boston now.

I just KNOW he will score for them. Guaranteed.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:57 pm

You're talking about a player who took part in three games for Boston and had his contract terminated due to an "internal matter" within a month. Their fans in the main seemed to suggest he was completely unfit, immobile and well, crap really. Gray usually shies away from people he feels could upset the spirit in the team and normally likes players who work their socks off, whether forwards, midfielders or defenders.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:46 pm

JE93 wrote:B for Mark Beck any day of the week over that clown. Wouldn't pick him infront of Beck, Cartman or Hardy and if that's the case, he wouldn't improve us, so we shouldn't sign him. Simple
Brodie is better than all three IMO, and that's nothing against them either - I think they're all alright. Beck in particular is a good player.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Quakerz wrote:
JE93 wrote:B for Mark Beck any day of the week over that clown. Wouldn't pick him infront of Beck, Cartman or Hardy and if that's the case, he wouldn't improve us, so we shouldn't sign him. Simple
Brodie is better than all three IMO, and that's nothing against them either - I think they're all alright. Beck in particular is a good player.
Can't agree with you Paul, why take a player that is on a downward spiral, ahead of keen younger players, who can get better. But it's all about opinions.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:57 pm

He's been top scorer at clubs higher than us and been in promoted sides so maybe he'd be worth a go with the proviso that he's dumped if he doesn't pull his weight?

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Think Quakerz is on the wind up. Either that or he's banged his head.

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Id rather have Noel Whelan back than sign him.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Quakerz, wind up, never!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:28 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think Quakerz is on the wind up. Either that or he's banged his head.
It's one or the other.

York, and now Boston have worked out that Brodie has run out of steam - I reckon he's just the sort of player Gray wouldn't want.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 am

I think Q is remembering the Brodie who was sold for 250k a few years ago. Don't think that guy is around anymore. A York fan told me he thinks Brodie was seen downing pints when he wasn't selected

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:He's been top scorer at clubs higher than us and been in promoted sides so maybe he'd be worth a go with the proviso that he's dumped if he doesn't pull his weight?
On that basis, let's give Dean Windass another shot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:58 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think Quakerz is on the wind up. Either that or he's banged his head.
Gray tried to sign him just a few weeks ago - was he on the wind up or did he bang his head?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:59 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
It's one or the other.

York, and now Boston have worked out that Brodie has run out of steam - I reckon he's just the sort of player Gray wouldn't want.
But Gray DID want him just a few weeks ago.

I trust his opinion more than an anti-Brodie message board mob.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
It's one or the other.

But Gray DID want him just a few weeks ago.

I trust his opinion more than an anti-Brodie message board mob.
Twice now Brodie has gone back on an agreement with Gray to sign. Unless Gray has kept on at him since he went to Boston then I doubt he will be willing to be used as a bargaining tool again.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Looking at some pictures and some of the interviews late last year, he needs to lose about 3 stone.