When is the next fans forum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

coles
Team Supported: Darlington

When is the next fans forum

Post by coles » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 am

As the title says, does anybody know when the next fans forum is planned for. It will be interesting to hear from the Directors of both the football club and the Rugby club in terms of how the 'partnership' is working. Might also help settle us the fans down where we are not privy to the inner workings of the partnership therefore we assume we are getting a raw deal.

Certainly my early impressions are that our board are working very hard to make things work but the rugby club are not making it easy for them. Simple things like putting signs up on the ground and at the top of the lane to let passing traffic know we are home seem to be so difficult to get permission for.

Emdubya

Re: When is the next fans forum

Post by Emdubya » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:52 pm

IF,and I repeat IF,it's true that the rugby club won't allow us to put signage up at the ground ,why are we promoting their beer festival on our main website?.It certainly rankles a bit if the signage thing is true but as is becoming the norm,our leaders are giving us the mushroom treatment.
It also does nothing for confidence when stewards,who have been with us for years,open conversations with"I'm fucking sick of this lot".Worrying.

coles

Post by coles » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:33 pm

As I say from the outside looking in it would appear our board are doing a sterling job. A new partnership like this is always going to be tricky, it will always need a bit of give and take however it feels as a Darlo fan like we are doing all the giving and the rugby club are doing all the taking.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm

When I asked the question about the signage I was told it was of a flimsy material and once it was changed to a more ridged sign it would be put at the entrance to Blackwell.

coles

Post by coles » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm sure loanstar can verify that

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:49 pm

i dont understand the point of thread like this. this us and them rumour mill has to stop it just get people backs up and achieves nothing going forward. also we trust the our board to do a job, how about we let them manage the relationship. we are footy fans we dont have fucking divine right to know every inner working of our club. if you want to know more volunteer your time and find out first hand what the crack is.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 pm

The previous Fans Forums have been a great success therefore it is not unreasonable to ask when another might be planned. That is not saying we don't have faith in what both clubs are trying to achieve. It's all about communication and being open and transparent isn't it?

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 pm

6/8 weeks was said at AGM so before end of this month if sticking to that timeline.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:6/8 weeks was said at AGM so before end of this month if sticking to that timeline.
If that is the case that would be good. There are plenty of questions which people would want to ask. There is also the issue of the rumoured pitch works in the summer which would need funding, which would surely need launching soonish to be able to get it done over the summer - and I know people have plenty of questions about that too.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:49 pm

It could well be that the board know exactly the type of questions that will be asked and are ensuring they are in a position they can give an accurate answer. Little point in having a forum if lots of things are up in the air

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:47 pm

coles wrote:I'm sure loanstar can verify that
The sign was indeed a flimsy board supplied by the league sponsors.
As for the rest of his post, he's got his wires crossed.
The flimsy board will return next week with major alterations.
Some may be happy but some won't and I don't mean rugby people.

coles

Post by coles » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:i dont understand the point of thread like this. this us and them rumour mill has to stop it just get people backs up and achieves nothing going forward. also we trust the our board to do a job, how about we let them manage the relationship. we are footy fans we dont have fucking divine right to know every inner working of our club. if you want to know more volunteer your time and find out first hand what the crack is.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
the purpose of the topic was to ask when the next fans forum is so that we can put an end to all the rumours that are flying about. So that questions can be asked about the partnership with the rugby so we as fans can understand why decisions are being made. It is always about a month after an Agm hence the reason for the question.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:06 pm

loan_star wrote:The flimsy board will return next week with major alterations.
Some may be happy but some won't and I don't mean rugby people.
Cryptic - does it have 1883 written on in bold letters?
- is there a photo of Martin Gray stood with his foot on a Rugby ball?
- is that photo taken by Big Tim?
- do the major alterations alter the size? To 500mm square?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:11 pm

loan_star wrote:Some may be happy but some won't and I don't mean rugby people.
So it'll have 1883 on the board then :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:10 pm

I'd have thought that one of the main topics at the next fans forum is fundraising. Can't understand why we are waiting to announce things. Surely the longer you have the better?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:24 pm

With the unrest of some of the fan base with the perceived treatment of DFC by DRFC I think it's pertinent that they are able to get some assurances to quell fears before a funding drive is launched otherwise there's a high chance it won't succeed. It's not quite as simple as asking for fans to handover cash unconditionally. Your always welcome to fill the buckets though Pete as you've clearly got cash burning a hole in your pocket

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Undercovered wrote:With the unrest of some of the fan base with the perceived treatment of DFC by DRFC I think it's pertinent that they are able to get some assurances to quell fears before a funding drive is launched otherwise there's a high chance it won't succeed. It's not quite as simple as asking for fans to handover cash unconditionally. Your always welcome to fill the buckets though Pete as you've clearly got cash burning a hole in your pocket
I think you right it's a perception yet few on here actually quote instances rather just rumour which doesn't help either DFC management or DRFC.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:49 pm

onewayup wrote:When I asked the question about the signage I was told it was of a flimsy material and once it was changed to a more ridged sign it would be put at the entrance to Blackwell.
After-thoughts?

It would have made more sense to site a sign next to Grange Road facing South, (if there's only one). In which case it would need to be strengthened for wind forces.

Fans probably expected better bar & catering arrangements, to be provided by fan owned DFC, to at least to the standard of Heritage Park, so sales may be well down, with what seems to be getting provided by the Rugby Club. Maybe DFC lacked volunteers to run a bar & kiosks and were not allowed to franchise out.

A lot of regular fans are putting up with the initial poor viewing and lack of available seating, but a lot may be rectified whenever the facilities get their first upgrade.

Pitch, Drainage & Plumbing works were planned for this coming Summer and I guess that these and squad strengthening are higher priorities for the allocation of DFC's finances.

There's been a general lack of info about the operational side of the Blackwell Meadows Lease, that was always an aired concern, and could do with a Fans' Forum clarification.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
onewayup wrote:When I asked the question about the signage I was told it was of a flimsy material and once it was changed to a more ridged sign it would be put at the entrance to Blackwell.
After-thoughts?

It would have made more sense to site a sign next to Grange Road facing South, (if there's only one). In which case it would need to be strengthened for wind forces.
Its nothing to do with what the sign was made out of or where it was put, it was the wording on the sign that caused issues with some of the rugby lot. It is being altered to something that "shouldnt" cause problems with the landlords. Not that the original one should have caused problems either!!!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 pm

loan_star wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
After-thoughts?

Its nothing to do with what the sign was made out of or where it was put, it was the wording on the sign that caused issues with some of the rugby lot. It is being altered to something that "shouldnt" cause problems with the landlords. Not that the original one should have caused problems either!!!
Well unless the sign said "we hate the rugby club", I fail too see why they would get so precious. Only Darlington FC or derivatives of the correct footballing name should be used - nothing sanitised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk