Fire up the totaliser

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fire up the totaliser

Post by loan_star » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Craig09 wrote:Ive said this on facebook but we have them seats at bishop behind the goal. Im sure can round up some volunteers to take it down move it to BM and with the money being raised for the new pitch just use that to upgrade them seating stand to covered and fixed its a no brainer. Hopefully it will only be a fraction of the supposed 150k for the new stand
As long as the volunteers have the required certification for the dismantling and reconstructing such a stand. H&S and all that bollocks.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Btw I am sure the players will be disappointed but I am also sure they will cope. I am sure they have had seasons where they have not been promoted before.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm

loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Ive said this on facebook but we have them seats at bishop behind the goal. Im sure can round up some volunteers to take it down move it to BM and with the money being raised for the new pitch just use that to upgrade them seating stand to covered and fixed its a no brainer. Hopefully it will only be a fraction of the supposed 150k for the new stand
As long as the volunteers have the required certification for the dismantling and reconstructing such a stand. H&S and all that bollocks.

Yeah the taking down part will not matter but the stand would have to be upgraded anyhow so we would have to pay someone to do that and put it up

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:02 pm

I'd be more than happy to volunteer help if this every came about. I'm sure they'd be plenty of people that could help (obviously if certain rules allowed it). The old uncovered football team would give plenty of helpers

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

lo36789 wrote:Btw I am sure the players will be disappointed but I am also sure they will cope. I am sure they have had seasons where they have not been promoted before.
Of course there are seasons when they have not been promoted, but they will not throughout their careers have been in a situation that with just over 2 weeks to go all the hard work they have put in is written off.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Personally i think the best and quickest option for us at the moment is to get them 2 seating stands at bishop and pay for them to built properly and fully covered. We re-used the tin shed so why not re-use our seats :-)

bga

Post by bga » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Craig09 wrote:Personally i think the best and quickest option for us at the moment is to get them 2 seating stands at bishop and pay for them to built properly and fully covered. We re-used the tin shed so why not re-use our seats :-)
Ok alternative solution but, if money is tight (and better spent on e.g pitch and playing budget) why can't we put seats in the Tin Shed? Obviously it would reduce standing capacity but would we need planning permission to do this, is it feasible, maybe the roof doesn't come out far enough?

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

bga wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Personally i think the best and quickest option for us at the moment is to get them 2 seating stands at bishop and pay for them to built properly and fully covered. We re-used the tin shed so why not re-use our seats :-)
Ok alternative solution but, if money is tight (and better spent on e.g pitch and playing budget) why can't we put seats in the Tin Shed? Obviously it would reduce standing capacity but would we need planning permission to do this, is it feasible, maybe the roof doesn't come out far enough?
Someone said today on favebook why not put 100 seats either side of the tin shed which i thought was a good shout to be fair

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Craig09 wrote:
bga wrote:

Someone said today on facebook why not put 100 seats either side of the tin shed which i thought was a good shout to be fair

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Craig09 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
bga wrote:

Someone said today on facebook why not put 100 seats either side of the tin shed which i thought was a good shout to be fair

Does safe standing count towards seats? Could place 100 at each of the shed to tick a box.

billieloid

Post by billieloid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Craig09 wrote:Im up for trying to raise some cash towards the stand ive got a few ideas and one which i think would be very popular which may raise a few quid towards the cost of the stand. Im not sure it would raise loads but it will all help

Why don't you contact the Supporters' Group with your ideas - http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/?page=events.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 pm

lo36789 wrote: especially when it is for making genuine and actually given the other demands (back to darlo) were quite understandable oversights.
Making a genuine mistake lo? Is that what you mean?

It's a bloody big one though isn't it - and does make one wonder!!

Might it have been better a while ago to say something like "an unfortunate position has arisen, and it looks to be very hard to find a solution" - mind you if it wasn't for Martin Gray's blind ambition we wouldn't be in this mess.
lo36789 wrote:Playoffs would have been a bit of fun but I'd have been praying we lost.
At two nil up with ten minutes to go? Have you got ice for blood?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 am

Rather than giving £7 to Salford to watch a game we already can't win even if we did score more goals than them, when you could donate something to the Totaliser? Boycott Salford

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:29 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:"an unfortunate position has arisen, and it looks to be very hard to find a solution"
How do you propose that would have helped in anyway? It's been clearly communicated that the issue was discovered after a time when it could be fixed.

The time it could have been fixed was when the appeal was made for £75,000 extra to get 250 more seats and the money wasn't forthcoming from fans.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 am

lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:"an unfortunate position has arisen, and it looks to be very hard to find a solution"
How do you propose that would have helped in anyway? It's been clearly communicated that the issue was discovered after a time when it could be fixed.

The time it could have been fixed was when the appeal was made for £75,000 extra to get 250 more seats and the money wasn't forthcoming from fans.
Thats the bit I dont get.If the board knew about the problem during a time when there was a possibility to do something then why not put it out there and if funds couldnt be raised then its not on their toes? This way they can take blame.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:38 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Thats the bit I dont get.If the board knew about the problem during a time when there was a possibility to do something then why not put it out there and if funds couldnt be raised then its not on their toes? This way they can take blame.
But they didn't it clearly says in the communication that the problem was identified when it was too late.

It was discovered a couple of months ago (you would think that would be February), and clearly states that they would need to allow for fundraising (I don't know how long it takes to get £150,000 together - because this is the cost to make the stand permanent - the initial view of £30,000 was when it was believed temporary seats could be used...).

There was then a 12 week lead in if on time to build it. At a stretch I would say this would have had to have been identified in July/August time to have feasibly done anything about it.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:51 am

its at the time you have to wonder how a decent run in the cup could have helped

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:52 am

lo36789 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Thats the bit I dont get.If the board knew about the problem during a time when there was a possibility to do something then why not put it out there and if funds couldnt be raised then its not on their toes? This way they can take blame.
But they didn't it clearly says in the communication that the problem was identified when it was too late.

It was discovered a couple of months ago (you would think that would be February), and clearly states that they would need to allow for fundraising (I don't know how long it takes to get £150,000 together - because this is the cost to make the stand permanent - the initial view of £30,000 was when it was believed temporary seats could be used...).

There was then a 12 week lead in if on time to build it. At a stretch I would say this would have had to have been identified in July/August time to have feasibly done anything about it.
Cheers that explains it

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:55 am

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:its at the time you have to wonder how a decent run in the cup could have helped
Agree reckon Gary Brown should tender his resignation off the back of this. It was his sending off against Lancaster when he made a mistake that cost us that game.

Emesel
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by Emesel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 am

lo36789 wrote:because when I first heard the news. That is exactly what I did I shrugged my shoulders.

I wanted us no where near promotion this season. I wanted a season of stability to increase money in the pot and develop the infrastructure of the club and not spent frivolously on strikers. I have had everything I wanted from this season.

We are back in Darlington, we have our name back, and as at 21st April there was to be announced the future plan to build the infrastructure at Blackwell Meadows so we can then progress and be competitive in NLP.

What I am defensive over is the suggestion that the was some sort of malpractice by the board, that there is any element of a them and us in the structure of the club and I will fight tooth and nail to prevent the situation where there are people on one side of a table being chastised by masses on the other side - especially when it is for making genuine and actually given the other demands (back to darlo) were quite understandable oversights.

Playoffs would have been a bit of fun but I'd have been praying we lost.
These are my thoughts to the letter. It seems like a kick in the teeth but if we had finished just outside of the playoffs, everyone would've been jumping around saying what a great season it had been. To me, this season has been absolutely brilliant. We're competing this high in this league, we're home, we have a good squad to build on and we have our rightful name back.

So what if we've missed out on the playoffs due to a technical mishap, in a way it's a nice problem to have. We are becoming a bigger club faster than expected. Let just get on with the fundraising, get the stand in for March 2018 and get behind the lads for a proper promotion push next season.

And remember, the board are fans and the fans are the board!

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am

lo36789 wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:its at the time you have to wonder how a decent run in the cup could have helped
Agree reckon Gary Brown should tender his resignation off the back of this. It was his sending off against Lancaster when he made a mistake that cost us that game.
Hardly the same is it.... Did Gary sell tickets for the next round before he got sent off? Because the board have been selling early birds, advertising potential NLP football, knowing it was not going to happen.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:27 am

It still potentially could though.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:28 am

lo36789 wrote:It still potentially could though.
I'll be utterly stunned if we win the appeal... More than I ever have been in my entire life.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am

As a member of the 500 club had they sent out a plea earlier advising of the shortfall, and asked club members to contribute for example £200 I'm sure a high proportion would have put their hands in their pockets. A 100% take up here could have raised £100,000.

At the last forum they stated after Christmas another fund raising drive was going to be started, it is now April and nothing. We have lost 4 months and are on the back foot regarding raising more funds.

Let's get on with it !

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:17 am

The club is making a mistake waiting till the 21st April to launch the fundraising. The club could and should have been raising money for at least a month by now.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:32 pm

quakerste wrote:As a member of the 500 club had they sent out a plea earlier advising of the shortfall, and asked club members to contribute for example £200 I'm sure a high proportion would have put their hands in their pockets. A 100% take up here could have raised £100,000.

At the last forum they stated after Christmas another fund raising drive was going to be started, it is now April and nothing. We have lost 4 months and are on the back foot regarding raising more funds.

Let's get on with it !
except there were less than 300 500 club members. I think 278 or something like that.

I wouldn't be close to finding £200 now. I have a mortgage and a house which needs reburbushing...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:38 pm

lo36789 wrote:
quakerste wrote:As a member of the 500 club had they sent out a plea earlier advising of the shortfall, and asked club members to contribute for example £200 I'm sure a high proportion would have put their hands in their pockets. A 100% take up here could have raised £100,000.

Let's get on with it !
except there were less than 300 500 club members. I think 278 or something like that.

I wouldn't be close to finding £200 now. I have a mortgage and a house which needs reburbushing...
So if 200 decided to put £200 in we would have 40k, we would still need 110k from those that generally couldn't afford to be a 500 club member at the time.