Temp seats at bishop ??

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Craig09
Team Supported: Darlington

Temp seats at bishop ??

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 am

Was told yesterday that they hold roughly 390 is this not our problem solver ??? It makes sense as they are ours and bought and paid for.

Before alot of use jump on saying we can not use them because they are temporary YES we no that but as a cheap and quick option why not get these moved to BM upgrade them so they are a permanent fixture..... its a no brainer for me and saves us thousands for a new stand.

A few people mentioned yesterday that wards sponsor us and could they not help bring it to BM and then maybe call it the ward stand or something.

For me this is the best and cheapest option for next season specially when we have something there that we need but we are not using

Vodka_Vic

Re: Temp seats at bishop ??

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am

If people are saying that they can't be upgraded from temporary then that's the first thing to find out. If they say they can't, be upgraded then why, and is it an insurmountable problem?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 am

Sure someone can confirm but the whole structure is a temporary structure from what I was told. You can't just make it permanent, you need a whole new structure that is permanent.

If it was that simple then it would have been done.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 am

And if they really cannot be made permanent then could we sell them. We would probably only get a fraction of the original cost but every little helps

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am

Id be very surprised if they can not be made permanent. Spending a good few thousand on these could save us shelling about 150k for the nrw ones..... the board really need to look into this

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am

Craig09 wrote:Id be very surprised if they can not be made permanent. Spending a good few thousand on these could save us shelling about 150k for the nrw ones..... the board really need to look into this
So you think the board would rather spend 150k than say 50k because they can't be bothered to make he stand permanent?

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Id be very surprised if they can not be made permanent. Spending a good few thousand on these could save us shelling about 150k for the nrw ones..... the board really need to look into this
So you think the board would rather spend 150k than say 50k because they can't be bothered to make he stand permanent?
No i ment by using something we have already by upgrading that rather than buying new. Just like the tin shed really, imagine how much extra that would of cost to buy if we did have to buy it

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 am

Craig09 wrote:
No i ment by using something we have already by upgrading that rather than buying new. Just like the tin shed really, imagine how much extra that would of cost to buy if we did have to buy it
But if he steel wasn't fit for purpose we wouldn't have been able to use it, same as the temp stand sat at Bishop. If it was as easy as moving it to BM and making it permanent to save money we would have done it.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 am

dfc4me wrote:And if they really cannot be made permanent then could we sell them. We would probably only get a fraction of the original cost but every little helps
We tried getting rid before but Bishop were not keen on taking over the payments. Can't blame them, we were quoted at 50k for a roof at Bishop due to how safe it had to be with the petrol station behind.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 am

Ok well we need find out prices for it to be covered and how for it be made permanent as our option.

My other suggestion to fund this is putting the price of tickets up to £15 to try and raise a bit of money for either this old stand or new

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am

Craig09 wrote:My other suggestion to fund this is putting the price of tickets up to £15 to try and raise a bit of money for either this old stand or new
Not a good idea!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

As someone said in another thread we need ideas so well done Craig for throwing these out there!! Even if not feasible at least you're trying.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:As someone said in another thread we need ideas so well done Craig for throwing these out there!! Even if not feasible at least you're trying.
The problem is ive seen to many people slagging the board off instead of coming up with ideas. Reason im trying to come up with ideas is that if we don't get something sorted asap we will be wasting another season next year aswell. Im even trying to sort a night out where we could possibly raise some funds towards a new stand or upgrade the ones at bishop.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm sick of hearing about the seats left at HP they SHOULD of been factored into the new ground at BM no doubt they cost us a small fortune and they were left there... It still winds me up them seats sheer laziness not getting them moved and erected at BM... Or an effort to at least sell them as a going concern....

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Thats what i could not understand i asked that question about taking them seats at bishop and all i got is, because they are temporary we couldn't. Your probs right they may have cost us a small fortune and we need them more than ever noe

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:12 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:I'm sick of hearing about the seats left at HP they SHOULD of been factored into the new ground at BM no doubt they cost us a small fortune and they were left there... It still winds me up them seats sheer laziness not getting them moved and erected at BM... Or an effort to at least sell them as a going concern....

I thought we tried to sell them to Bishop?

Somebody raised a decent point on another thread - there are plans for the development of BM, and with the pipe situation we basically don't have a lot of room to play with. Even if the temporary seats could be made permanent (possibly not), then sticking them somewhere (probably behind the goal) would mean we might have to move them again in the future to develop BM into the ground we ultimately (hopefully) need it to be - would that be an effective use of fans money?

I'd hazard a guess that it's not "laziness" not moving them to BM - it's that either they can't be made permanent, or that even if they could, by the time they've been moved, erected, and then dismantled when we need to build over wherever they are put to get BM up to cat A and beyond, it isn't cost effective.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 pm

I am suprised nobody asked the new owners at upton park, their is still one stand standing full of seats.

trevstanley
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by trevstanley » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Temporary seating such as grandstands at the open golf etc. can be upgraded to permanent. Durham CCC bought a load of temp stands from the Olympics and upgraded them to a permanent stand at the riverside. They cemented them into the ground and enclosed the front and side gaps with brickwork.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:55 pm

trevstanley wrote:Temporary seating such as grandstands at the open golf etc. can be upgraded to permanent. Durham CCC bought a load of temp stands from the Olympics and upgraded them to a permanent stand at the riverside. They cemented them into the ground and enclosed the front and side gaps with brickwork.
A lot of questions on that, were they the same kind of temp stands that we own, what are the rules to turn them to permanent, is it the same rules in Cricket to Football for Temp stands etc.

If it was possible and cost effective I would like to think the board would have looked into this in the last 2 months and possibly before.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:57 pm

trevstanley wrote:Temporary seating such as grandstands at the open golf etc. can be upgraded to permanent. Durham CCC bought a load of temp stands from the Olympics and upgraded them to a permanent stand at the riverside. They cemented them into the ground and enclosed the front and side gaps with brickwork.
A lot of questions on that, were they the same kind of temp stands that we own, what are the rules to turn them to permanent, is it the same rules in Cricket to Football for Temp stands etc.

If it was possible and cost effective I would like to think the board would have looked into this in the last 2 months and possibly before.
It was first priced up when the things were initially bought at HP - I am sure that was close to £75-80k when it was mentioned. The club have clearly cited that they had plans which involved the temporary stands. I suspect that the £30k figure was the cost of moving them in their temporary status (for playoff eligibility) with the total cost of turning them permanent being £150k (but potentially that includes pitch works...)
Last edited by lo36789 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:59 pm

lo36789 wrote:

It was first priced up when the things were initially bought at HP.
We priced it up in 2012 on making it permanent at Blackwell Meadows?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:01 pm

No I remember being told that turning them permanent at HP had been discussed in order to get them included in the capacity figures (so we could maximise revenues at HP). That was done under the 'original' board.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm

lo36789 wrote:No I remember being told that turning them permanent at HP had been discussed in order to get them included in the capacity figures (so we could maximise revenues at HP). That was done under the 'original' board.
Ok, so we have no idea on the cost now to bring from HP to BM and make it permanent, I would assume the board have looked at this recently with the current situation especially as the plan was to bring it from HP to BM for the playoffs as a temp stand.

A roof added at HP was quoted at 50k largely due to the strengthening work as the petrol station was just behind.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Well so there's a start isn't it. £30k to transport and re-erect and then £50k off an old quote to add a roof.

£80k before you take in to account 5 years of inflation and potential changes in costs of raw materials on the roof.

Then the pitch works on top. You can start to see things edging towards £150k relatively quickly.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:Well so there's a start isn't it. £30k to transport and re-erect and then £50k off an old quote to add a roof.

£80k before you take in to account 5 years of inflation and potential changes in costs of raw materials on the roof.

Then the pitch works on top. You can start to see things edging towards £150k relatively quickly.
None of that was making it permanent either as far as I know. Then you have where you could put the stand and does it remove capacity/opportunities for other stands/terracing etc.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:32 pm

As plenty of people have said what about wards who sponsor us bringing them to BM ?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 pm

If they are prepared to do it for nowt - but you know they've already paid us a sponsorship - are they going to want to do that?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm

What is classed as permanent seating. The seating we have at Blackwell looks similar to the seating at heritage park which is deemed as temporary.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:02 pm

lo36789 wrote:If they are prepared to do it for nowt - but you know they've already paid us a sponsorship - are they going to want to do that?
True but if not im sure we could round up a few volunteers and im sure some fans with vans or even lorrys would have take them to BM

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:Well so there's a start isn't it. £30k to transport and re-erect and then £50k off an old quote to add a roof.

30 ffffffffffffing K what a load of bollox how much did it cost to buy and deliver to HP, lm sure not 30k