Today's Games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlobaz79
Team Supported: Darlington

Today's Games

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Just incase the appeal by some miracle is successful...

Gainsboro beating Salford 1-0

Emdubya

Re: Today's Games

Post by Emdubya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Salford 1 down
Halifax 1 down
Chorley1 up

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Chorley 1 Worcester 0
Curzon Ashton 2 Altrincham 3
Halifax 0 Fylde 1
Gainsborough 1 Salford 0
Kidderminster 1 Boston 0

Not bad results for us with Salford and Halifax both losing games that they would have hoped to get something from.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm

If Stockport win tonight then Sal£ord are out of the play offs Its a shame we won't be as there is nothing that would of give me great pleasure in knocking them plastic tw#ts out..

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm

We may need to beat Salford to keep them out of the playoffs now that would be interesting although if we finish 5th does the 6th placed team take our place?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 pm

darlo reborn wrote:We may need to beat Salford to keep them out of the playoffs now that would be interesting although if we finish 5th does the 6th placed team take our place?
I'd assume so yeah... But maybe the FA will change the ruling for little old Sal£ord class of 92 bollox , darlings of the BBC Image

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 pm

darlo reborn wrote:We may need to beat Salford to keep them out of the playoffs now that would be interesting although if we finish 5th does the 6th placed team take our place?
If our appeal fails then there is precedence for 6th place to take our place.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 pm

There's plenty of sympathy for us on the Salford forum with comments like this....

"One holds very little sorrow for our friends up in the north east. All clubs have a budget to work with, Darlington 1883's is larger than most. They've chosen to pay substantial wages and purchase players for sums well above the levels that is common place in the tier they played; think Cartman. A balance between on the field activity must be struck with off the field activity. One personally believes that getting the off the field structure right with robust processes makes for a solid foundation to advance the on the field capabilities. Failure to do so means a club is built on an unstable foundation, quick sand if you like; this time Darlington 1883 have been caught out. Let's not forget they swerved a points deduction last season despite system failures leading to fielding an eligible player. If Darlington 1883's appeal is successful, what message does that send out to those clubs that have operated within their budget having put out a competitive team on the field and built the infrastructure to support????"

I'll be there at Salford and I really hope they need a win to make the play-offs with the tiny, modestly-costed squad they've put together over the years.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Salford bandwagon riders I would imagine. Vast majority of the 40 fans Salford used to have quite like us - when I go there always have a good chat about our games.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:21 pm

LoidLucan wrote:There's plenty of sympathy for us on the Salford forum with comments like this....

"One holds very little sorrow for our friends up in the north east. All clubs have a budget to work with, Darlington 1883's is larger than most. They've chosen to pay sujbstantial wages and purchase players for sums well above the levels that is common place in the tier they played; think Cartman. A balance between on the field activity must be struck with off the field activity. One personally believes that getting the off the field structure right with robust processes makes for a solid foundation to advance the on the field capabilities. Failure to do so means a club is built on an unstable foundation, quick sand if you like; this time Darlington 1883 have been caught out. Let's not forget they swerved a points deduction last season despite system failures leading to fielding an eligible player. If Darlington 1883's appeal is successful, what message does that send out to those clubs that have operated within their budget having put out a competitive team on the field and built the infrastructure to support????"
I'll be there at Salford and I really hope they need a win to make the play-offs with the tiny, modestly-costed squad they've put together over the years.
Not having that. I've just registered and am about to go on there to have a bit of fun. Anyone with me?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Pointless. They find this situation funny largely and we don't, only one winner in that one.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

LoidLucan wrote:There's plenty of sympathy for us on the Salford forum with comments like this....

"One holds very little sorrow for our friends up in the north east. All clubs have a budget to work with, Darlington 1883's is larger than most. They've chosen to pay substantial wages and purchase players for sums well above the levels that is common place in the tier they played; think Cartman. A balance between on the field activity must be struck with off the field activity. One personally believes that getting the off the field structure right with robust processes makes for a solid foundation to advance the on the field capabilities. Failure to do so means a club is built on an unstable foundation, quick sand if you like; this time Darlington 1883 have been caught out. Let's not forget they swerved a points deduction last season despite system failures leading to fielding an eligible player. If Darlington 1883's appeal is successful, what message does that send out to those clubs that have operated within their budget having put out a competitive team on the field and built the infrastructure to support????"

Easy for them to criticise when they have to rely on the money of multimillionaires. We know from our recent history that being a rich mans plaything is hardly a stable foundation. I hope their current form continues and they finish 7th.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

I've been on there. Very polite and wished them the best of luck, but then pointed out the dark side of having benefactors that one day they could pull out and break your club, so don't take anything for granted and that genuine football fans wouldn't gloat.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyone but Salford,would even have County ahead of them after Neviiles pathetic p@ss take.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Stockport only drew v Telford tonight too

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 pm

What was Nevilles piss take? What he put on twitter seemed supportive to me? He backed them to let us in (not that it matters).

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Other teams around us unsettled by the news? Bet we finish 3rd now.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Probably was ok with us reaching the play-offs when they looked odds on to reach them themselves, but now that's looking dodgy, so he's probably had a change of heart on us being allowed into the play-offs.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
If our appeal fails then there is precedence for 6th place to take our place.
Is there? As far as I can find out when Eastwood were denied a play off place the team who came second got a "bye" into the play off final. Pragmatism may be one of the few things running in our favour. The National League would lose out on their share of the money for 4 play off games (assuming Poole Town are treated the same as us) and as we are one of the best supported clubs in the league they would also miss out on their share of a bumper crowd in the final of the play offs. Straw clutching I know!

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:53 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:

"One holds very little sorrow for our friends up in the north east. All clubs have a budget to work with, Darlington 1883's is larger than most. They've chosen to pay sujbstantial wages and purchase players for sums well above the levels that is common place in the tier they played; think Cartman. A balance between on the field activity must be struck with off the field activity. One personally believes that getting the off the field structure right with robust processes makes for a solid foundation to advance the on the field capabilities. Failure to do so means a club is built on an unstable foundation, quick sand if you like; this time Darlington 1883 have been caught out. Let's not forget they swerved a points deduction last season despite system failures leading to fielding an eligible player. If Darlington 1883's appeal is successful, what message does that send out to those clubs that have operated within their budget having put out a competitive team on the field and built the infrastructure to support????"
Not having that. I've just registered and am about to go on there to have a bit of fun. Anyone with me?
Whilst clearly s*** stirring and quite ironic given their current model there is quite a bit of sense in there regarding building a sustainable platform.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am

The Salford poster makes an accurate summary of our situation.
Sometimes the truth can hurt.