lets get behind MG and the boys

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

meadowlark
Team Supported: Darlington

lets get behind MG and the boys

Post by meadowlark » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:01 pm

After what has been unquestionably a bad week for Darlington fc, emotions are running high and with an overriding feeling that the seasons work has been in vain. However, the one certain thing about this situation is that MG and his players have always given their utmost for the club, and I hope that fans will turn up in numbers to show the lads that whatever happens off the field we appreciate their effort and commitment.
Come on Darlo.

al_quaker

Re: lets get behind MG and the boys

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm

It'd be a good to see a big crowd tomorrow, even though the season is, bar a miracle, over.

Whatever you may think of the board and the ground regulation mistake, if a big crowd turns up it helps our clubs finances going forwards, so I hope plenty do turn up tomorrow.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:53 pm

I agree lets get behind our club and show how much we appreciate their efforts both on and of the field,a massive well done to all of them, a 2016 rule change robbs us of a chance to progress , I still believe a serious anomaly has been made with this particular rule change.
A) win as champions go up with an extension to get extra seating in place for 2018.
B). Make a playoff place ,you have to have seating in situ April 2017.
Surely that is not an even playing field
So in essence the odds are stacked against every other team bar champions. That cannot be fair in competition .the rule makers need to urgently look at this and realise they have made the mistake.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm

onewayup wrote:I agree lets get behind our club and show how much we appreciate their efforts both on and of the field,a massive well done to all of them, a 2016 rule change robbs us of a chance to progress , I still believe a serious anomaly has been made with this particular rule change.
A) win as champions go up with an extension to get extra seating in place for 2018.
So in essence the odds are stacked against every other team bar champions. That cannot be fair in competition .the rule makers need to urgently look at this and realise they have made the mistake.
Those are not the rules.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 pm

onewayup wrote:I agree lets get behind our club and show how much we appreciate their efforts both on and of the field,a massive well done to all of them, a 2016 rule change robbs us of a chance to progress , I still believe a serious anomaly has been made with this particular rule change.
No rule change occurred in 2016 (As far as anyone can see/prove) and the team who wins the league also has to have 500 seats by 31st March.

So I think that may cause your argument with the NL/FA a few issues.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm

There should be a great crowd tomorrow, although I can't see FCUM bringing more than 300 given there very average season and current form.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm slightly concerned about the amount of rain coming down today...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:36 pm

There's been hardly any rain for a good month now. The only way the game would be under threat is if it poured down, as the rain has only been light today and it's due to dry up shortly, the game is not under any threat.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:46 pm

You think? Maybe living down south has turned me soft, but i'm looking out the window in Darlington now, and that doesn't look like my idea of light...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm

H1987 wrote:You think? Maybe living down south has turned me soft, but i'm looking out the window in Darlington now, and that doesn't look like my idea of light...
It isn't torrential though.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:34 pm

I took information from the northern echo, and believed it to be correct, maybe I missread the article.or read more into it then was there.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:40 pm

onewayup wrote:I took information from the northern echo, and believed it to be correct, maybe I missread the article.or read more into it then was there.
Nope you read the article perfectly well, it's just the article appears to be incorrect. Which is strange as the article is written by Ray Simpson who works for the club.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Well is the article correct and peoples assumptions wrong.I believed that the champions have until 2018 to upgrade
however if you Finnish in a playoff place you had until April 2017,
Seems strange that ray got it wrong
It happens.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 pm

onewayup wrote:Well is the article correct and peoples assumptions wrong.I believed that the champions have until 2018 to upgrade
It happens.
The article is completely incorrect according to the ground grading rules, for me I find it best to stick to the FA Rules. No where at all in the rules does it say you have until March next year if you win the league, think it through - imagine if you were wining the league all season so didn't bother then had a slump after March and we're pipped in the league. You then couldn't play in the playoffs that would just be silly.

The article is wrong.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There should be a great crowd tomorrow, although I can't see FCUM bringing more than 300 given there very average season and current form.
Pete last week you said that you would be surprised if it wasn't all ticket as thou expected them to bring loads of fans....

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Been no mention of segregation anywhere will there be ?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
onewayup wrote:Well is the article correct and peoples assumptions wrong.I believed that the champions have until 2018 to upgrade
It happens.
The article is completely incorrect according to the ground grading rules, for me I find it best to stick to the FA Rules. No where at all in the rules does it say you have until March next year if you win the league, think it through - imagine if you were wining the league all season so didn't bother then had a slump after March and we're pipped in the league. You then couldn't play in the playoffs that would just be silly.

The article is wrong.
It's the league that moved the goalposts wanting FULL FA step 1 requirements, rather than temp solutions and planning permission, which was Ok until May 2016, so the 3 changes were made after our fundraising.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:It's the league that moved the goalposts wanting FULL FA step 1 requirements, rather than temp solutions and planning permission, which was Ok until May 2016, so the 3 changes were made after our fundraising.
These critera appear on FA guidelines before May 2016. This has already been explained on other threads.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:It's the league that moved the goalposts wanting FULL FA step 1 requirements, rather than temp solutions and planning permission, which was Ok until May 2016, so the 3 changes were made after our fundraising.
These critera appear on FA guidelines before May 2016. This has already been explained on other threads.
3 changes since then. read the threads.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
3 changes since then. read the threads.
super_les_mcjannet has already shown that the changes in 2016 did not relate to temporary stands.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Thought the atmosphere yesterday was terrific, as the fans did get behind MG and the boys.