UK Manchester Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dsr
Team Supported: Darlington

UK Manchester Match Thread

Post by dsr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Anyone posting today?
Tell us a little about the first two goals?

woody58

Re: UK Manchester Match Thread

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Ferguson with a 30-yard screamer to put Darlington 1-0 up after five minutes.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 pm

GOAL: 2-0. Darlington. Beck header.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks. Stuck on a hill - don't ask! Good to see there is perhaps an extra something among the players to show that we can do the necessary, whatever rule books might say.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Halifax and Kiddie also winning. 0-0 elsewhere.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:29 pm

It is never easy being a Darlo fan ... But whatever happens this season the lads and Martin have been amazing.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Penalty 3-0 Darlo ... Galbraith. Beck had been tripped by Williams. 27 mins.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:38 pm

3-1 goal for FC United Tom Brown

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Chorley 1-0 up..... FC United having a good spell at the moment

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:51 pm

HT Darlington 3 FC United 1

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Attendance is 2,147 with 287 from FC United.

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Liam Marrs coming on for Darlington, replacing Terry Galbraith

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Darlo sub Falkingham for Turnbull

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Darlo 4 FC United 1, Gary Brown

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Darlo sub Leon Scott on for Stephen Thompson

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Darlo 4 FC United 2

woody58

Post by woody58 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Full Time Darlington 4 FC United 2

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Ferguson well deserved mam of the maty

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm

First 30 mins were nearly as good as Whitby away last season. Thought I might have spotted Ginge01 who would have been well pleased with this display. Decent crowd 2147 and some spells of decent football. Well done lads! :clap:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:14 pm

MI have you been drinking?!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Pretty good performance - switched off occasionally, but we cut through them with some lovely football too. Ferguson's goal was a cracker, and he's such a good player.

I didn't know what to feel today going to the match. However, the performance and the atmosphere struck home to me what we've got at this club - a group of very good players with a lot of character. A lot has been said over the last week, but let's all start to move on now. Let's smash the fundraising for the seats - would give us a better chance of keeping this group of players together, and let's go for it next season. Come on Darlo.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Delighted we beat SCUM today. Shows how far we've come. MG still motivating the players - as are the players themselves.

I hope we win the playoffs to highlight the oddities / inflexibility of the governing bodies of the game.

Living in Scotland you would not believe how the SFA bend over backwards to accommodate the ugly sisters up here....before then bending over and taking it sideways without a whimper.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 pm

The teams competing in the play-offs will be mightily relieved that we will be barred.

Santino

Post by Santino » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

That opening half hour is as good a performance as they come at this level, played them off the park. Massive credit to the players for playing as well as that when it would be easy for their heads to have dropped after what's happened.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

OK - I've missed that LL - didn't realise we'd be barred from competing in the playoffs.

Guess my general point remains of finishing in a potential promo spot only to be denied by off the field rules

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:Delighted we beat SCUM today. Shows how far we've come. MG still motivating the players - as are the players themselves.

I hope we win the playoffs to highlight the oddities / inflexibility of the governing bodies of the game.

Living in Scotland you would not believe how the SFA bend over backwards to accommodate the ugly sisters up here....before then bending over and taking it sideways without a whimper.
Don't know where you get the "SCUM' name from and I think it is uncalled for.Thought their fans were very friendly today and also credit to them for singing throughout the game.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:45 pm

My opinion wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:Delighted we beat SCUM today. Shows how far we've come. MG still motivating the players - as are the players themselves.

Don't know where you get the "SCUM' name from and I think it is uncalled for.Thought their fans were very friendly today and also credit to them for singing throughout the game.
OK - fair enough and I'm tainted by their "fans" during a visit to Garforth FC a few years ago. If you think the reports from our recent trouble was bad - their element that day in Garforth was hard core. Mass brawls in the stands and bar during the game and plod was well and truly out in force with horses the lot. They have an 'element' that you would not want to welcome.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm

OK, let's get radical & if Scotland get independence, DFC should move to SFA :lol:
Mind, any body has to be better than the English FA as they have no idea about encouraging grass roots football. Our story is so amazing we should sell the film rights to finance the club

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

jjljks wrote:

OK, let's get radical & if Scotland get independence, DFC should move to SFA :lol:
Mind, any body has to be better than the English FA as they have no idea about encouraging grass roots football. Our story is so amazing we should sell the film rights to finance the club
No. Let's not. Seriously the SFA make the English FA look competent, clean and bereft of any influence

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
My opinion wrote:

OK - fair enough and I'm tainted by their "fans" during a visit to Garforth FC a few years ago. If you think the reports from our recent trouble was bad - their element that day in Garforth was hard core. Mass brawls in the stands and bar during the game and plod was well and truly out in force with horses the lot. They have an 'element' that you would not want to welcome.
I think you are right,had a nasty bunch.The "element" were in effect man united hooligans that I think have now got bored with mid table obscurity / same days out and moved on.Only 207 there today which you could have trebled a couple or three years ago.