Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am

So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.

Undercovered
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Undercovered » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 am

Where does the fact he could have written the debt off and transferred the football share come into it?
Image

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:43 am

Undercovered wrote:Where does the fact he could have written the debt off and transferred the football share come into it?
Its a basic comparison. No doubt he will have had his reasons which we are yet to hear. Its all speculation anyway at the moment, it may not even be him involved. However if it was then I would like to hear exactly what he has to say before judging him again on past experiences. You don't go back with an ex unless its right.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 am

He can't come back now - I've spent the last 5 years calling him Radged Strings!

Although, as with anything, if this is true and he is serious - then give him an opportunity to say what he wants with the club, and to say what really happened last time.

I'd be gobsmacked if he wanted to come back to be honest.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

poppyfield
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by poppyfield » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:50 am

What rumour? cant think of another name that would put people off, think I am going to be sick.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker
Posts: 5264
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:54 am

I have 0 time for Singh, and I highly doubt I'm alone in that view. I'd also be surprised if he wanted to get involved in us again.

However, if the conditions which I would like to see if we are going to go down a benefactor route are met (safeguarding the club against massive debt and immediate withdrawal of funds by a benefactor), then is his money any different to anybody else's money?

Personally, it would be hard to stomach after what he did to us, unless he presents a load of evidence which we weren't aware of around 2012 which changes the picture.

I think Hodgson's involvement in this is key. If he is involved, then it'll be a game changer for a lot of people.

quakermass
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by quakermass » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am

Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:04 am

quakermass wrote:Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not been on twitter lately? :?

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am

loan_star wrote:
quakermass wrote:Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not been on twitter lately? :?
Which twitter feed?

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:14 am

Been a few mentions on there. Some serious some joking.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:16 am

Let's be honest, thus far there is no credibility in the Singh rumour if it is all coming from comments on twitter. Anybody can say anything on there.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3789
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am

loan_star wrote:So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.
HAVE YOU GONE INSANE ??
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Craig09
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Craig09 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 am

From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

Craig09 wrote:From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren
He said two investors, one being a top football man.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 am

How many millions has Shteve got in the bank and what percentage of it is he prepared to lose for ever just to make 1500 people happy?

Same question for any "investor" really.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
loan_star wrote:So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.
HAVE YOU GONE INSANE ??
Just looking at things from a different perspective. :wave:

Craig09
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Craig09 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:35 am

loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren
He said two investors, one being a top football man.

Raj singh aint no top football man

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

Craig09 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren
He said two investors, one being a top football man.

Raj singh aint no top football man
No s*** sherlock, he said ONE is a top football man so there is another involved too!

Craig09
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Craig09 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 am

loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren
He said two investors, one being a top football man.

Raj singh aint no top football man
No s*** sherlock, he said ONE is a top football man so there is another involved too!

Dave hodgson was mentioned and im thinking Steve McClaren but we will have to wait and see

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3789
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am

I've altered loan_stars creative writing.
loan_star wrote:Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and the promise of getting his hands on a big chunk of cheap land look to be over so he has no other option than to get rid, as quick as poss, without a thought about staff or player contracts. Meanwhile the passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, in fact he does everything he can to be awkward, he gets things wrong, says one thing - does another and generally does all he can to scupper any deal the passengers try to do or wish to do, he offers no explanation for any of this before he walks away.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 am

Well whoever it is had better come forward pretty quickly because the fundraising is otherwise going to be a dead duck with people distracted by this.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am

Singh, no way for gods sake, give MG a little more credit than that.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Golden Hairclip
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Nothing to see here. Let's move on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offside
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by offside » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Absolute complete nonsense

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11502
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Raj Singh had a lot of bad feeling with the club and us with him, can't believe he'd come back for seconds. McClaren is a great shout and I'd be delighted if he wanted to get involved in the club.

User avatar
Darlo_Dan
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Darlo_Dan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Gut instinct is this is complete bollocks.
Image

comeondarlo
Posts: 2610
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Raj Singh

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I can't believe what I'm reading here!!!!

A) Why would he want to.
B) Why would we want to.

It's not happening! Total red herring
Last edited by comeondarlo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bga
Posts: 1151
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by bga » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 pm

The first person to spot Hodgy, Raj or McClaren at today's game wins.................a meal for two, at one of Raj's Care Homes! (If he still has any that is).

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11576
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm

If Singh were one, the other couldn't be Hodgson based on what MG has said.

Neither are 'top football men' and i cant see that Grey can learn much if anything about coaching from either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Just speculation on my part on a rumour that was doing the rounds recently.
Will be interesting to see who the other person is.

Post Reply