You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm
Posts: 248
Team Supported: Darlington
Where does the fact he could have written the debt off and transferred the football share come into it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
Undercovered wrote:
Where does the fact he could have written the debt off and transferred the football share come into it?


Its a basic comparison. No doubt he will have had his reasons which we are yet to hear. Its all speculation anyway at the moment, it may not even be him involved. However if it was then I would like to hear exactly what he has to say before judging him again on past experiences. You don't go back with an ex unless its right.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
He can't come back now - I've spent the last 5 years calling him Radged Strings!

Although, as with anything, if this is true and he is serious - then give him an opportunity to say what he wants with the club, and to say what really happened last time.

I'd be gobsmacked if he wanted to come back to be honest.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1459
Team Supported: Darlington
What rumour? cant think of another name that would put people off, think I am going to be sick.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 5035
Team Supported: Darlington
I have 0 time for Singh, and I highly doubt I'm alone in that view. I'd also be surprised if he wanted to get involved in us again.

However, if the conditions which I would like to see if we are going to go down a benefactor route are met (safeguarding the club against massive debt and immediate withdrawal of funds by a benefactor), then is his money any different to anybody else's money?

Personally, it would be hard to stomach after what he did to us, unless he presents a load of evidence which we weren't aware of around 2012 which changes the picture.

I think Hodgson's involvement in this is key. If he is involved, then it'll be a game changer for a lot of people.

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 185
Team Supported: Darlington
Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
quakermass wrote:
Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not been on twitter lately? :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1217
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
quakermass wrote:
Pointless thread as no ones even hinted Raj Singh is returning. We just need to wait and see before judging.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not been on twitter lately? :?


Which twitter feed?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
Been a few mentions on there. Some serious some joking.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Let's be honest, thus far there is no credibility in the Singh rumour if it is all coming from comments on twitter. Anybody can say anything on there.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3390
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.


HAVE YOU GONE INSANE ??

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Posts: 428
Team Supported: Darlington
From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
Craig09 wrote:
From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren


He said two investors, one being a top football man.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
How many millions has Shteve got in the bank and what percentage of it is he prepared to lose for ever just to make 1500 people happy?

Same question for any "investor" really.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
loan_star wrote:
So the rumour is that Singh would like to return. Now I'll make it clear I hate his guts for what he did last time, however on the flip side its given me the best years of supporting the club I have ever had.

Do we accept him back? Look at it from this point of view....

Singh leases a Ferrari, gets told all he has to do is put fuel in and it'll be fine.
Then within a few months the car develops problems. The bloke who sold him the lease is nowhere to be found so Singh has to pay for the repairs. He's not happy but things improve and he thinks it'll be fine again.

Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so he has no other option than to get rid. The passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, he's had enough and walks away.

The passengers are left to pick up the pieces and they manage to salvage something out of the mess. They now have a car, albeit more of a skoda than a ferrari and even that isn't perfect, but it belongs to them. However its got them so far on a journey and now they are running out of fuel. Singh comes along and says "listen, I'm sorry I had to do what I did but I just couldn't justify throwing more money down a black hole. I don't mind paying for your fuel and the upkeep of the car, its going to be a more realistic asset to keep going, let me help you keep going on this journey"

Apply the above to DFC. Worth taking that risk? If Hodgy is involved too then I doubt this would be getting light of day if it wasn't going to be beneficial to DFC in the long run. Gray wants to progress with us, he also wouldn't risk his career if it was just an investor on a whim with no real intent.


HAVE YOU GONE INSANE ??


Just looking at things from a different perspective. :wave:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Posts: 428
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren


He said two investors, one being a top football man.



Raj singh aint no top football man


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
Craig09 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren


He said two investors, one being a top football man.



Raj singh aint no top football man


No s*** sherlock, he said ONE is a top football man so there is another involved too!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Posts: 428
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
From what martin said last night that the person in question martin stated that he will learn from his managerial experience and that he also has a good account of contacts for players which makes me think its Steve McClaren


He said two investors, one being a top football man.



Raj singh aint no top football man


No s*** sherlock, he said ONE is a top football man so there is another involved too!



Dave hodgson was mentioned and im thinking Steve McClaren but we will have to wait and see


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3390
Team Supported: Darlington
I've altered loan_stars creative writing.

loan_star wrote:
Then the car gets a major fault, its going to cost him too much to put right, he can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and the promise of getting his hands on a big chunk of cheap land look to be over so he has no other option than to get rid, as quick as poss, without a thought about staff or player contracts. Meanwhile the passengers he was giving a lift to are fuming because they are stuck and he wont even let them try and fix the car themselves, in fact he does everything he can to be awkward, he gets things wrong, says one thing - does another and generally does all he can to scupper any deal the passengers try to do or wish to do, he offers no explanation for any of this before he walks away.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Well whoever it is had better come forward pretty quickly because the fundraising is otherwise going to be a dead duck with people distracted by this.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1404
Team Supported: Darlington
Singh, no way for gods sake, give MG a little more credit than that.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 257
Team Supported: Darlington
Nothing to see here. Let's move on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 115
Team Supported: Darlington
Absolute complete nonsense


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10912
Team Supported: Darlington
Raj Singh had a lot of bad feeling with the club and us with him, can't believe he'd come back for seconds. McClaren is a great shout and I'd be delighted if he wanted to get involved in the club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm
Posts: 185
Team Supported: Darlington
Gut instinct is this is complete bollocks.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2586
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).
Team Supported: Darlington
I can't believe what I'm reading here!!!!

A) Why would he want to.
B) Why would we want to.

It's not happening! Total red herring


Last edited by comeondarlo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1013
Team Supported: Darlington
The first person to spot Hodgy, Raj or McClaren at today's game wins.................a meal for two, at one of Raj's Care Homes! (If he still has any that is).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11415
Team Supported: Darlington
If Singh were one, the other couldn't be Hodgson based on what MG has said.

Neither are 'top football men' and i cant see that Grey can learn much if anything about coaching from either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Raj Singh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5665
Team Supported: Darlington
Just speculation on my part on a rumour that was doing the rounds recently.
Will be interesting to see who the other person is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dfc4me, JE93 and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group