Congratulations to Huddersfield Town

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Congratulations to Huddersfield Town

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 am

On winning the massive game yesterday. I know that Huddersfield fan LeedsTownFan visits this MB at times and follows our fortunes with interest. LTF the hard work starts now, I guess you'll probably be early favourites to get relegated at the end of the upcoming season. Watched the game on TV and thought the quality was some what lacking, hope you make some astute signings and keep your manager. Anyway live the dream.

AndyPark

Re: Congratulations to Huddersfield Town

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 31, 2017 6:28 pm

There's a PM button you could have used.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 am

AndyPark wrote:There's a PM button you could have used.
Ditto

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:28 am

It's not posted on the main MB, so there's no reason why I can't post it on here.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:22 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:It's not posted on the main MB, so there's no reason why I can't post it on here.
You started with the congratulations to Huddersfield, which is fair. I congratulate them too.

But then, you continued with a personal message for a fan of the club. When you could have just messaged him saying it :shock: :roll:

leedstownfan
Team Supported: Huddersfield Town

Post by leedstownfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Ha! I still occasionally look on your main board so missed this post until now.

The dream is all but over. The greedy league is impossible without mega millions available. We got there on the cheap compared to some teams but agents demand massive fees and salaries when they know you're in the money. Put it this way, two good, experienced Prem players would cost us a year's Prem income in terms of fees and wages.

We've played defensisively away in most games and it's not been exciting to watch. The atmosphere in the big clubs' grounds has been mostly sterile.

In some ways it's disappointing to go down and it would be nice to defy the pundits again but I think the Championship will be more exciting and more of a level playing field. The Prem journey was more exciting than the destination.

We stopped at Chester le Street on the away journey to Newcastle and actually spotted a guy named George behind the counter of a vape shop. I couldn't believe it as a pal had been in and told me who he was.

Continued best of luck to Darlo

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 am

leedstownfan wrote:Ha! I still occasionally look on your main board so missed this post until now.

The dream is all but over. The greedy league is impossible without mega millions available. We got there on the cheap compared to some teams but agents demand massive fees and salaries when they know you're in the money. Put it this way, two good, experienced Prem players would cost us a year's Prem income in terms of fees and wages.

We've played defensisively away in most games and it's not been exciting to watch. The atmosphere in the big clubs' grounds has been mostly sterile.

In some ways it's disappointing to go down and it would be nice to defy the pundits again but I think the Championship will be more exciting and more of a level playing field. The Prem journey was more exciting than the destination.

We stopped at Chester le Street on the away journey to Newcastle and actually spotted a guy named George behind the counter of a vape shop. I couldn't believe it as a pal had been in and told me who he was.

Continued best of luck to Darlo
Sorry to hear that LTF, but it's good to hear from you as well. I guess just getting to the Premiership and not getting relegated in your first season was a fantastic achievement. Your always going to struggle against the Premiership elite to establish yourselves. Hope you turn things around, as there is still plenty to play for.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:52 pm

thats the biggest load of pony