Community share pledge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

norwich darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Community share pledge

Post by norwich darlo » Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:Is it just me or has there been some pledges taken back out?
When i wanted to increase my donation i had to first cancel my original pledge so hopefully that is what has happened here.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 pm

£24k now in scheme (1 of 3) for more seating. 48% of the way there....

£33k now also in the Boost the Budget initiative.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:53 am

Well done to our new CEO and to the DFCSG Board - a £10k cost saving on the first phase of the works means that we're just £3,800 short of our target.

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry170606-071717

Also DRFC have agreed that we can start the groundworks for the new stand just as soon as we've met the target and collected on the pledges so here's the link again for anyone who wants to help us get there and move the fundraising on the phase 2.

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

Also there's also a reduction of the third phase target down to £37,000 so the news just gets better and better.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am

Great news all around, phase 1 now within touching distance of being completed.

I think by far the most challenging pitch will be the 50k phase 2, still seems a big ask, hope I'm wrong and we motor through it.

I reckon the final 37k will be a comparative breeze, as we'd be at the final hurdle, potentially in the play off race, the foundations will be down already, and maybe also some of the steel work.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:18 pm

£400 outstanding until Phase 1 is complete and closing in on £40k for Boost the Budget. :clap:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 pm

Target reached :clap: Roll on stage 2!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 am

The Phase 2 pitch is waiting for someone to break the ice...

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... ase-2-of-3

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 am

Good start - already over £1000 in the Phase 2 pot...

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... ase-2-of-3

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:54 pm

£3.5k now in Phase 2.

Seriously, absolutely fantastic. That's £44k we raised on the pitch, £40k for Phase 1, £39k for MG's budget and another £3.5k on Phase 2.

Even discounting Raj's £10k that is still a pretty impressive £116k raised in what, 6 weeks?

Hopefully we can keep this momentum going on all fronts. All quiet on the playing side front so hoping to hear something soon.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 am

We've gone past £40000 for Boost the Budget :clap:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:03 am

So...

After 3.5k in the first day, the fund has hardly moved in the last fortnight, it's now at £5,250 - and that's only cos an individual chucked in £500 yesterday.

It has completely stopped, sometimes going 2 or 3 days without a single pledge.

Today, we have exactly 100 days to raise another £44,750. That is £447.50 a day, every day - and while that doesn't sound like a lot, it is more than we have been raising per day over the last week or two.

Have we ran out of fans that are able to contribute, is the pot now dry?

What happens if we can't raise the money for phase 2 by the deadline. We NEED to get this work done, this year.

The club may have to consider a mainstream loan as a back up plan.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 am

It is going worryingly slowly. Don't forget if we do raise the next ~£45k, there is another £37k needed on top of that.

At most, 90 people have invested in the seats (it could be lower than that as there may be some who've invested in both seating pitches). There was of course the pitch pitch too, and I can't remember how many people invested in that, but it's looking like there aren't enough fans who are able (or willing?) to contribute to BM's development.

If that is the case, like you say, another plan is needed. Dramatically cut the playing budget? Pray for a cup run? Loan? Sell a couple of our better players (if possible)? Being ineligible for the playoffs due to seating issues once nearly tore our club apart. If it happens a second time then I do worry as to what might happen.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 am

Who knows.

I'm still pretty confident that we will raise the last 37k relatively easily though - final hurdle and all that, and especially if work has started and the stand is taking shape.

But it's this 50k which is a worry, it does seem a huge ask right now.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

Quakerz wrote:Who knows.

I'm still pretty confident that we will raise the last 37k relatively easily though - final hurdle and all that, and especially if work has started and the stand is taking shape.

But it's this 50k which is a worry, it does seem a huge ask right now.
As I said before speaking to Wayne at DFCSG if all the members renew their memberships there will hopefully be enough in the coffers to purchase the seats.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am

The present stage was launched earlier than expected and is still a month ahead so it will be interesting to see what impetus there is once season starts and holidays are over.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 pm

We have still raised an utterly fantastic amount in just 10 weeks since the fundraising drive was launched.

£43k for a new pitch / drainage.

£40k for ground works for the new stand.

£41.5k towards MG's budget.

£5.8k towards steel work and cladding.

I do, however, accept that things have slowed down a fair bit over the past few weeks. I do think that the return of football, week in week out, and the addition of possibly a few sponsorships towards the scheme, will see things pick up a little.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm

OK, not a single penny has been pledged to the stand in the last week.

This being the stand which we desperately need not just to be eligible for promotion, but because we simply need more seats in any case.

We are not looking like raising the remaining 43 grand to complete stage 2, this is looking fucked.

We need a miracle.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:OK, not a single penny has been pledged to the stand in the last week.

This being the stand which we desperately need not just to be eligible for promotion, but because we simply need more seats in any case.

We are not looking like raising the remaining 43 grand to complete stage 2, this is looking fucked.

We need a miracle.
But we've signed Heaton and definitely need Fenwick, so the squad is stronger than last season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Yes, I see that Darlo_Pete is happy that the squad looks stronger than last season, which will keep us in contention.

All is well then.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yes, I see that Darlo_Pete is happy that the squad looks stronger than last season, which will keep us in contention.

All is well then.
We are currently the equivalent of all those teams in the pitchfork invitational league who don't apply for promotion but still try to win the league.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 am

Who said sarcasm is dead?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:53 am

We shall just have to borrow the money to fully fund the stand developments then.
We inherited debt when we took over the club and paid it back. In the scale of things it is not a large amount but it will guarantee having a ground fit for promotion.
The only money we need to raise would be the money to pay repay the annual interest on the loan. Sizeable yes as we have no tangible assets, but surely we only need this loan for a few years until the 500 club season ticket money starts to roll back into the club.
Without the development going ahead to meet the league deadlines we may as well go back to the 'Home For Tea League'. Quite how folks saw the 'Increase the budget' pitch as more important than ' fund the stand ' pitch is strange, but then again they probably wanted Singh to come back and take over.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 am

banktopp wrote:We shall just have to borrow the money to fully fund the stand developments then.
We inherited debt when we took over the club and paid it back. In the scale of things it is not a large amount but it will guarantee having a ground fit for promotion.
The only money we need to raise would be the money to pay repay the annual interest on the loan. Sizeable yes as we have no tangible assets, but surely we only need this loan for a few years until the 500 club season ticket money starts to roll back into the club.
Without the development going ahead to meet the league deadlines we may as well go back to the 'Home For Tea League'. Quite how folks saw the 'Increase the budget' pitch as more important than ' fund the stand ' pitch is strange, but then again they probably wanted Singh to come back and take over.
If we can get a loan, then yes that may be the way forward. But that impacts the following season's finance and the season after etc.

That will inevitably mean once again the fans dipping into their pockets to fund a squad that can compete at whatever level we find ourselves in.

If we could find the ground this season with no loan, no debt, then we can move on next season sustainabpy knowing the money we generate forms the budgets. Forever repaying debts and loans puts us in a false position and always chasing our tails. I'd take a season or two of mid table stagnation in exchange for that.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:23 am

Trouble is that Martin Gray won't and he's the guy who's de facto running the club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am

Darlogramps wrote:Trouble is that Martin Gray won't and he's the guy who's de facto running the club.
This is what concerns me.
Whilst I do not question his managerial skills on the pitch, he is ambitious and to further that ambition has already sought outside investors taking over the club. Of course if he could generate some decent cup runs or even one decent cup run a lot of funding problems could be solved.
Even if we manage to upgrade the ground I think we will still face the prospect of increasing demands from Gray which will be financially unsustainable until the end of the 500 club.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:47 pm

If we'd do get promoted then our CEO has openly said that we'll be unable to compete financially without investment. We'd need to be able to turn over another 600k and that's without the ground improvements (which would be approx. 200k matching the FSIF grant to generate 400k).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 pm

What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Spyman wrote:What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:What does 'compete' mean though?

Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.
So you're saying we don't need Fenwick?

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:34 pm

Apparently the squad which finished 5th last season, and has had just 1 major departure, is no longer competitive.

So we should be signing as many players as we can to go for this promotion we're not eligible for.