Match highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Match highlights

Post by H1987 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 pm

That's ridiculous. Hopefully it just carries on as was and no real fuss is made over it.

If they want that sort of product, they should damn well be paying for it. A completely unrealistic expectation to put on volunteers.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Got to say that I do appreciate what people have wrote here and the support on social media.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am

On the National League site a few minutes ago, only 3 out of the games in our league have highlights available. Wonder if that is down to the clubs not meeting the deadline, or the League not making them available yet?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:54 am

bga wrote:On the National League site a few minutes ago, only 3 out of the games in our league have highlights available. Wonder if that is down to the clubs not meeting the deadline, or the League not making them available yet?
Just out of interest I tried to watch the Wrexham v Macclesfield highlights and the Pitchero video wouldn't work in the 2 web browsers I tried.

What if some of these clubs who don't normally video games just set a static webcam up behind one of the goals (to view the whole pitch) and the club just sent in a crappy low-resolution video... would that fulfill their obligation to the league?

Have any minimum standards been specified for the video? Just give them a sh it version and keep the best for ourselves.

Still seems unclear what usage restrictions there are on the away team's footage, or what the home team could do with their own footage without uploading it for consumption by the general public. Could it be made available for viewing only by DFCSG members, for instance?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Is there a required format that it has to be? if not could we not find the most out of date format and give em that?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Just watched highlights there finishing was shocking

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Just watched highlights there finishing was shocking
Do you have a link?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Trike1 wrote:Is there a required format that it has to be? if not could we not find the most out of date format and give em that?
Betamax?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:06 pm

divas wrote:
Trike1 wrote:Is there a required format that it has to be? if not could we not find the most out of date format and give em that?
Betamax?
LOL! Beat me to it - that was the first word which popped into my head too!

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Beano wrote:
Do you have a link?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... eos/111902

They looked panicky in shooting, if they had David Ferguson's poise, they would have at least hit the target many times. I'm happy David Ferguson has a cool head, and two goals to his name.

On a different day, David Syers shot goes in, it looked a football length wide, was anyone behind the goal to confirm it. I hope Kev can do his magic with some slow motion replays.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Beano wrote:
Do you have a link?
http://videos.eu.pitchero.com/scout7/20 ... rl_173.mp4
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote: What if some of these clubs who don't normally video games just set a static webcam up behind one of the goals (to view the whole pitch) and the club just sent in a crappy low-resolution video... would that fulfill their obligation to the league?
This is a chuckletastic thought .............. if only we had someone on here who could study up on this - then offer up some kind of well thought out legal advice.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

olrad

Post by olrad » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:34 pm

I'll have a look tomorrow on our own highlights , I don't intend to be giving these parasites the pleasure of hits . Would think most if not all darlo fans will do likewise .

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm

olrad wrote:I'll have a look tomorrow on our own highlights , I don't intend to be giving these parasites the pleasure of hits . Would think most if not all darlo fans will do likewise .
You will have to wait for Salford's highlights as we don't have any for yesterday, ours will start on Wednesday.

I am refusing to watch from Pitchero at the moment and will await release of Salford's highlights.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
jjljks wrote:Who are these people making up rules as they go? They are just not in the real world. To enforce these 'regulations' only a month before the start of the season is totally unrealistic.
Pitchero or the league should provide the means to complete the work, and pay for it. That way every team would be equal.
Kev, bless him, has GIVEN his time, effort and funds this service so is ENTITLED to be paid for this employment.
If the NL insist on filming, then as a private citizen, i will demand that they seek and obtain my permission under the Data Protection Act before invading my privacy and publishing pictures of my ugly mug. Even in the town centre, videoing is subject to regulation, so these League 'regulators' should be careful otherwise they could be on the wrong side of the law themselves!
Just unbelieveable, sadly this is the price of a so-called 'professional' League. The only winners will be lawyers when it all gets to court, arguing about Intellectual Property Rights, infringement of copyright, HMRC & tax, Data Protection. Can't they see, it is through the likes of Kev and other volunteers up & down the country who do it for the love of the game and their club, that keeps grassroots football alive. Thanks again to all those dedicated volunteers and SHAME ON PITCHERO & LEAGUE OFFICIALS.
Brian Barwick is the Chairman of the National League. Need any more be said?
You mean Mr 'root and branch' review of English football that we're still waiting for??

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

"What if some of these clubs who don't normally video games just set a static webcam up behind one of the goals (to view the whole pitch) and the club just sent in a crappy low-resolution video... would that fulfill their obligation to the league?"

This seems to me to be an excellent idea but for obvious reasons someone needs to first consider the precise terms of the obligation which the club is required to comply with under the league rule / agreement.

It seems to me that it would be perfectly sensible to do the minimum required to comply.

It is impossible for any club to guarantee compliance when they rely on volunteers such as the excellent Mr. Luff. Any volunteer, however good,mcan just decide to have a day off or just pack it in.

The "answer" for the club would be to set up fixed cameras, one behind each goal possibly, and send that footage (edited as incompetently as the pitchero highlights show is reported to be, I have not seen them & do not intend to watch them so I cannot say from personal experience) to the league using their wonderful portal.

The club meanwhile could presumably also then use additional 'volunteer cameraman' footage for its own purposes, including highlights, at a later date.

If every club does this to comply then the Pitchero highlights will barely be worth looking at.

This is by no means a solution to the overall problem but it might possibly get the good burgers at the League, and indeed Pitchero , to reconsider their current stance and look at the sort of reasonable compromise which Mr. Luff has suggested.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm

It was Salfords I watched on the national north website

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:24 pm

There are only 4 highlights on there Southport,Alfreton,Kiddy and Salford

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:33 pm

darlo reborn wrote:It was Salfords I watched on the national north website
But they get the clicks, not Salford. Salford aren't allowed to put them on their YouTube page until Monday, by which time not so many people will want to watch them.
darlo reborn wrote:There are only 4 highlights on there Southport,Alfreton,Kiddy and Salford
Yeh, makes a bit of a mockery of the whole rule. Either the clubs sent in video which was too poor to use, or none at all... or the league themselves don't have the resources to edit them all so they only show the best games.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I am refusing to watch from Pitchero at the moment and will await release of Salford's highlights.
Likewise, and ditto for all the rest of our games. No matter how exciting the game, and how tempting it’ll be to watch on the NLN website, I’m going to wait til highlights are available on our website or YT channel, or those of our opponents if we’re away. Would rather give them the clicks and any ad revenue those clicks generate. The League has handled this really, really badly.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Loved the ironic cheers from the Darlo fans at the pathetic attempts by the Salford players to muster a meaningful shot on target.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 am

Ginge01 wrote:
Beano wrote:
Do you have a link?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... eos/111902

They looked panicky in shooting, if they had David Ferguson's poise, they would have at least hit the target many times. I'm happy David Ferguson has a cool head, and two goals to his name.

On a different day, David Syers shot goes in, it looked a football length wide, was anyone behind the goal to confirm it. I hope Kev can do his magic with some slow motion replays.
Kev weren't there

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:57 am

biccynana wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:I am refusing to watch from Pitchero at the moment and will await release of Salford's highlights.
Likewise, and ditto for all the rest of our games. No matter how exciting the game, and how tempting it’ll be to watch on the NLN website, I’m going to wait til highlights are available on our website or YT channel, or those of our opponents if we’re away. Would rather give them the clicks and any ad revenue those clicks generate. The League has handled this really, really badly.
This 100%

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 am

Here's the link to the official Salford highlights - much better and includes the commentary which I was listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bt6x3WJCj4
Join - Shop - Collect

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:26 am

This issue has really annoyed me. I can live with waiting for highlights, but the principles of everything is disgusting. They're imposing a lot of very strict demands on people who don't work for them or owe them a thing. In its simplest form, if they want Kev to essentially work for them on match days and operate to their deadlines, they either need to agree a fair wage with him for his services, or expect to be told to go and eat a bowl of dicks.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am

The whole pitchero think stinks.

But i want to ask people about the actual highlights...Were they a true representation of the game? Or were they Salford biased? If that's the case, then it's fine. We know that's been the case for a few seasons now. After all, it is their you tube channel. But my concerns are for those who do watch the pitchero stuff. If the clubs are editing the game, how can it be a true representation of what happened? Goes for all clubs at this level. Not just Salford.