Spenny Tweet

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

piggy
Team Supported: Darlington

Spenny Tweet

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 pm

MATCH POSTPONED | Today's match has been called off due to the team being unable to reach the ground. More info to follow.

lo36789

Re: Spenny Tweet

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Boston claiming they offered to arrange transport for them after bus broke down at midday an hour and a half from the ground but suggesting a number of players failed fitness tests this morning...

Can't see the NL being too impressed. Doesn't seem a particularly plausible reason for a game to be called off - delayed KO maybe.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Surely if that's true it's a points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:58 pm

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:58 pm

suppose so many years not having to travel so far maybe Brad didn't put enough fuel in the tank?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Maybe they just worked out what time they'd be back for tea and sacked it off?

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Perhaps we could borrow your horse and cart instead then? :D :D :D :D

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Curry_LG wrote:Perhaps we could borrow your horse and cart instead then? :D :D :D :D
That's Hartlepool.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Curry_LG wrote:Perhaps we could borrow your horse and cart instead then? :D :D :D :D
At least our transport gets us to the games ....What happened, did they use the same bus as the supporters used at FCUM, you know the one that broke down leaving supportes stuck until 01.00 am...Time to change your busses me thinks.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Rumour has it they had several key players injured and did not bust a gut to get to Boston.Surely they could have contacted a motor repair company or tried to hire another coach?.They were even seen at Wetherby services at 3 o clock so somebody has repaired the coach so why not delay the kick off.Hope they get a points deduction or Boston are given the game....appalling from Spenny.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm

I have nothing against Spennymoor but this looks bad.

I was down at Hereford about 5 years ago when Ebbsfleet's bus broke down on the motorway.

Kickoff was delayed (as I remember) for over an hour but the thing is - they got the match on as they should have done.

It was Bowman's first game for them, and he scored straight away after coming on near the end.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Until the facts are confirmed it looks bad from a north east point of view. If the reports are correct there were other ways of getting the match started.
It reminds me of another team who didn't want to play at the start of a season. The home side were 2-0 up when the referee couldn't continue and the vistors refused the offer of a local linesman to cover, and then chose not to continue after a lengthy lay off due to "health and safety".
Points were awarded to the home side. Perhaps that's what should happen here.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:42 pm

The bus broke down, whats the problem, man united were even late for a match last year.
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/club-sta ... n-fixture/

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:52 pm

polarbear wrote:The bus broke down, whats the problem, man united were even late for a match last year.
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/club-sta ... n-fixture/
The difference of course is that when other teams bus breaks down, they still went on to play the game.
Hope that Spendymoor are happy to reimburse Boston for the costs of catering and pre match costs.....as that Mr Bear is the problem.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:36 pm

polarbear wrote:The bus broke down, whats the problem, man united were even late for a match last year.
surely you know the difference between being late and not showing at all?

You have quite recently become accustomed to being late home for tea. See what you did was the equivalent of just not coming home at all.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 am

Apparently the supporters bus broke down on Tuesday night as well, perhaps they need to look for a new coach company!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Apparently the supporters bus broke down on Tuesday night as well, perhaps they need to look for a new coach company!!
Have we got one we don't use anymore that they could take from us?

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 am

I recollect an away team turning up at HP late and the kick off was delayed. This looks amateurish.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 am

It's the fact they refused the offer of mini buses from Boston, they could also have swapped with the supporters on their coach maybe? Or brad could have put his hand I his pocket and paid for taxis. Not good

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Allegedly there was a fully functioning & available coach behind the one that broke down...the Supporters Coach. They had offered for the players to use this coach, while the Spennymoor fans waited for a replacement from Stockton, to which Jay Ainsley refused.

Poor form that - possibly owing to the injuries they currently have.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Allegedly there was a fully functioning & available coach behind the one that broke down...the Supporters Coach. They had offered for the players to use this coach, while the Spennymoor fans waited for a replacement from Stockton, to which Jay Ainsley refused.

If there is evidence they didn't take all reasonable steps to get to the ground I am not sure how the league will judge it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Allegedly there was a fully functioning & available coach behind the one that broke down...the Supporters Coach. They had offered for the players to use this coach, while the Spennymoor fans waited for a replacement from Stockton, to which Jay Ainsley refused.

If there is evidence they didn't take all reasonable steps to get to the ground I am not sure how the league will judge it.
You would think some sort of punishment would be in order if that were the case.

If that is the case Boston should be awarded the win and a fine handed out too. You can't just have team coaches mysteriously breaking down when the conditions aren't favourable to a particular side.

And imagine the outrage from the pitchfork wavers if we were the ones who'd broken down.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:16 pm

STATEMENT FROM THE SPENNYMOOR TOWN FC MANAGEMENT TEAM

“It is the priority of both teams, ourselves and Boston, to prepare our players as best we can so that they perform at their highest levels and represent their club and all associated with the club to the standard the supporters deserve. Because of this obligation, the decision was made to postpone the game.

“Boston kindly offered a minibus, but the coach had come to a stop approximately two hours from its final destination, meaning a minimum four-hour turnaround, most likely longer in heavy traffic which had already delayed our mechanic.

“We’d like to reiterate that this decision was made by the match referee with the full support of Spennymoor Town.

“Again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to anyone in regards to today’s fixture.”

A strange opening paragraph here. If the Spennymoor players reach the game a little bit late, tired and stressed - then surely it's just tough luck. Are they suggesting they called the game off for the benefit of the fans!

What the supporters deserve is to see the game.

I remember Darlo being involved in a missing train situation about 20 years en route to Peterborough. I was on the same train and saw most of the team arrive at Peterborough station just before three - I'm sure I remember some of the players jogging up to the ground in time for kickoff.

Darlo won!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Bamber Bridge three years ago,stuck in traffic,changed on the coach,8.45 kick off and still won 3.1 I think.And weren't there problems in a night game at Stamford last year in another game we won.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:24 pm

A couple of years ago the team coach got stuck in a traffic accident en route to Bamber Bridge and the game was delayed by over 1 hour.Spenny must face a fine and the game awarded to Boston....what was Ainsley thinking for gods sake...not even the Northern League would accept that.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:50 pm

If the decision was made by the referee though, then I'm not sure any punishment can be handed out.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Quite an interesting scenario if true.

The fans run the risk of missing the game if the players hop onboard their bus - however, without the fan's bus the game most probably won't happen.

I wonder how this will pan out.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Spyman wrote:If the decision was made by the referee though, then I'm not sure any punishment can be handed out.
It will depend on his statement. Ultimately if he was told "we are not coming" then the decision to postpone the game might have been his but isn't the full story.

Interesting comment on Boston forum almost questioning why Spenny didn't set off until gone 11am (https://twitter.com/spennymoortown/stat ... 6023570432). Given at NLN clubs arrive at 1:30PM at the latest - team sheets have to be done at 2PM - only allowing two and a half hours to get to Boston isn't an awful lot of time.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:If the decision was made by the referee though, then I'm not sure any punishment can be handed out.
It will depend on his statement. Ultimately if he was told "we are not coming" then the decision to postpone the game might have been his but isn't the full story.

Interesting comment on Boston forum almost questioning why Spenny didn't set off until gone 11am (https://twitter.com/spennymoortown/stat ... 6023570432). Given at NLN clubs arrive at 1:30PM at the latest - team sheets have to be done at 2PM - only allowing two and a half hours to get to Boston isn't an awful lot of time.
Not sure that comment on timings can be accurate. I understand bus broke down at Doncaster area circa 12 noon.

There is no way bus could have got Spennymoor to Doncaster in an hour.

Need to wait outcome of FA investigation to get truth.

Can't blame Spennymoor for breakdown of bus hired from reputable company. However they can be blamed if they did not take all reasonable steps after that.

The minibuses from Boston is a bit of a red herring as it would have taken around 4 hours to get from Boston to Doncaster and back to Boston. (Remember it's mini buses not cars and majority of route from Doncaster to Boston is single carriageway)

What is not clear and may do for Spennymoor is the business about the supporters coach and why that offer was not taken up.