Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Match Thread

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Wilczynski; Hunter, Collins, Galbraith, Ferguson; Thompson, Portas, Turnbull, Gillies; Beck, Caton

Subs: Fenwick, Bell, Wheatley, Marrs, Saunders

So Bartlett, Brown, Syers & Scott unavailable today.

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Match Thread

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Strange that no Scott or Syers on the bench and presumably Browny still injured.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Scott's in Las Vegas for the McGregor fight.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:09 pm

1-0 up! Not sure who scored, the commentary was playing up and came back on just after we scored!

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 pm

9' | GOAL!!! North Ferriby United 0-1 Darlington. Josh Gillies!
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Hunter going off injured. Doesn't sound good.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Bad one from the commentary, Gray over with him and lads wouldn't let him look at his injury. Such a shame for him!! Get well soon Chrissy.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:09 pm

1-1...defensive howler obviously, sounds like Collins was at fault.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:41 pm

How many chances have we missed today...loads by the sound of it.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 pm

FT: 1-1

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Bizarre we are persevering with Ferguson at left back. Stick Galbraith there and get Marrs back in (although probably not an option now Hunter is out, unless Richards ever appears).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Spyman wrote:Bizarre we are persevering with Ferguson at left back. Stick Galbraith there and get Marrs back in (although probably not an option now Hunter is out, unless Richards ever appears).

Richards has left the club, sounds like Hunter got badly hurt today, pity we didn't wait till Monday to get rid of Richards :o
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:56 pm

I am equally puzzled why MG never substitutes Beck, missed quite a few chances today according to the radio by TV commentary and surely should have given Fenwick some game time.Hope to god Browny is fit for Monday so Tez can revert back to LB.and great that Portas seems back to his best so at least that is good news.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Too many simple chances missed against an absolutely s*** team and handed them a comedy equaliser. End of match report.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Just listened to Ray's interview with MG and he is rightly very very angry not only with all those missed chances but their gifted goal.His patience is running thin now and would not be surprised if we have player movement upfront.Said we should have been 4 up at HT and not good enough.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Caton in particular had a poor game today.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:42 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just listened to Ray's interview with MG and he is rightly very very angry not only with all those missed chances but their gifted goal.His patience is running thin now and would not be surprised if we have player movement upfront.Said we should have been 4 up at HT and not good enough.

It's such a shame we don't have a natural finisher at the club, oh hang on....C for Cartman

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just listened to Ray's interview with MG and he is rightly very very angry not only with all those missed chances but their gifted goal.His patience is running thin now and would not be surprised if we have player movement upfront.Said we should have been 4 up at HT and not good enough.

It's such a shame we don't have a natural finisher at the club, oh hang on....C for Cartman
He was prolific last season of course....

We were by far the better team, yet our finishing was atrocious and we also made one mistake at the back. Caton, Beck and Thompson all should have scored. Caton looks a decent player, but I'm not convinced he's an out and out striker. Strange how Fenwick isn't getting any minutes.

One bright spot was Wheatley, who looked a good player when he came on.

olrad

Post by olrad » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Caton is a winger ...if only we had a striker on the bench or could loan one in ..ermmmm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:50 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Caton in particular had a poor game today.

I knew he would be singled out - but to me he deserves no more criticism than anyone else. Yes he missed a good chance in the first half - and then a slightly harder one in the second half (which BTW - his persistence set up) but Beck looked like he didn't have a shot in him, Beck looked sluggish and out of ideas - whilst Thompson couldn't get going either!

We should have won today, and need to pick up the pace for Monday.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:55 pm

olrad wrote:Caton is a winger ...if only we had a striker on the bench or could loan one in ..ermmmm
Caton has played all his career so far as a winger from what I can see, and as I said when he signed, has a goal ratio of something like 1 in 10. By all accounts he's played well so far though and was working well as a foil for the attacking threats of Ferguson and Syers who were more than compensating on the goals front.

But we've moved Ferguson back into defence for some bizarre reason, seemingly to accomodate Thompson.

I hope we see Ferguson back on the wing next game and Thompson back to the bench. Go back to what was working so well.

Hopefully Burgess or Brown are back in contention to partner Collins and then the fullbacks pick themselves. Worth adding that most reports suggested Galbraith made a storming start to the season at left back too.

Fenwick might as well be moved on if he isn't going to get games. Stick a youngster on the bench instead if they won't be called on anyway.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Spyman wrote:
olrad wrote:Caton is a winger ...if only we had a striker on the bench or could loan one in ..ermmmm
Caton has played all his career so far as a winger from what I can see, and as I said when he signed, has a goal ratio of something like 1 in 10. By all accounts he's played well so far though and was working well as a foil for the attacking threats of Ferguson and Syers who were more than compensating on the goals front.

But we've moved Ferguson back into defence for some bizarre reason, seemingly to accomodate Thompson.

I hope we see Ferguson back on the wing next game and Thompson back to the bench. Go back to what was working so well.

Hopefully Burgess or Brown are back in contention to partner Collins and then the fullbacks pick themselves. Worth adding that most reports suggested Galbraith made a storming start to the season at left back too.

Fenwick might as well be moved on if he isn't going to get games. Stick a youngster on the bench instead if they won't be called on anyway.

The "bizarre"reason Ferguson is playing left back is because he is a left back.Galbraith has had to cover for Brown at centre back for the last couple of games so what makes it bizarre for a left back to cover for a left back.Do tell.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Caton,is not a natural striker,bring back Nathan and give him a chance to prove again he is a natural striker,Caton is a good player does plenty of running and fast footwork ,but where it matters he seems to stall, not just today either , he may well pick up his goal scoring given time but we need a scorer now.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:19 pm

onewayup wrote:Caton,is not a natural striker,bring back Nathan and give him a chance to prove again he is a natural striker,Caton is a good player does plenty of running and fast footwork ,but where it matters he seems to stall, not just today either , he may well pick up his goal scoring given time but we need a scorer now.
Bradley Fewster possibly?

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 pm

piggy wrote:Scott's in Las Vegas for the McGregor fight.
Leon inside three rounds, I reckon.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Spyman wrote:
Caton

Today, Fenwick changed his social media profile pic to one of him scoring for Hartlepool...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Spyman wrote:

The "bizarre"reason Ferguson is playing left back is because he is a left back.Galbraith has had to cover for Brown at centre back for the last couple of games so what makes it bizarre for a left back to cover for a left back.Do tell.
Are you stupid, or did you just not bother reading my post?

Ferguson has been hanging in the goals from left wing and has been making a huge impact there. Why remove that attacking threat if you don't have to?

We had other options other than Galbraith to cover central defence (put Hunter there and Marrs at right back) and we'd have avoided disrupting our free-scoring attack.

Thats what is bizarre.

DC

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 pm

It's fairly obvious Gray doesn't rate Hunter as a centre half anymore, and so the only other option was put Galbraith there. Ferguson has been excellent when played as a winger, but if Gray thinks the only option we had was Galbraith, Ferguson has to drop back into his natural position.

If Brown is fit for Monday it'll be interesting to see if Ferguson reverts back to left wing, or the Thomson/Gillies winger partnership continues. However on saying that the commentary today said Ferguson was looking tired near the end of the game and he looked knackered at the end of the Telford match so he might even be rested, although this is probably unlikely.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Have we seriously got a goal scoring problem? not like us is it?

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 pm

piggy wrote:Scott's in Las Vegas for the McGregor fight.
The joys of PT football we just have to endure unfortunately