Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Match Thread

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:It's fairly obvious Gray doesn't rate Hunter as a centre half anymore, and so the only other option was put Galbraith there. Ferguson has been excellent when played as a winger, but if Gray thinks the only option we had was Galbraith, Ferguson has to drop back into his natural position.

If Brown is fit for Monday it'll be interesting to see if Ferguson reverts back to left wing, or the Thomson/Gillies winger partnership continues. However on saying that the commentary today said Ferguson was looking tired near the end of the game and he looked knackered at the end of the Telford match so he might even be rested, although this is probably unlikely.
I'd question why anyone thinks Ferguson's "natural position" (whatever that means) is left back when he's been so effective as a winger.

Whatever Gray thinks, it's clearly not worked in the last two games whereas Ferguson as a winger was reaping rewards. I doubt we'd have any less than 1 point from 6 if we'd played Hunter in central defence for the last two games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just listened to Ray's interview with MG and he is rightly very very angry not only with all those missed chances but their gifted goal.His patience is running thin now and would not be surprised if we have player movement upfront.Said we should have been 4 up at HT and not good enough.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
It's such a shame we don't have a natural finisher at the club, oh hang on....C for Cartman
Yep prolific last season...ImageImage

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 am

What was yesterday's crowd and roughly how many of them were from Darlo?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 am

Around 320/60 darlo fans I think.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:49 am

Chris hunter tweeted this morning to say he has fractured his Tibia and has some damage to his ankle. Good luck to him getting back fit. Sounds like it will be a few months at least.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:03 am

On the game. Sounds like a missed opportunity. I assume Syers was being rested otherwise can't see why he wouldn't be part of the team, he gives us such a goal threat From midfield. Though it was good to see both Portas and Wheatley making appearances.

Caton is a funny one. Watching the footage of the Gainsborough and Alfreton game he gave us a great threat by roam and moving into both channels. This left space for Syers to make his runs into the box and allowed Ferguson and Gillies to cut inside, where we know from the goals they have scored this season, they are dangerous.

The Fenwick situation is puzzling aswell. Why not give him a try and some game time alongside Beck he's more of a natural striker than Caton so could give us more of a threat from the start.

Sad to see our defensive frailty from last season hasnt really healed. Hard to put your finger on it other than loss of concentration and individual errors through games costing us. I guess this is different to the gung-ho approah that was costing us last season. But must harder to coach out lapses in concentration or individual errors.

Now onto a very tough game on Monday. Hope Brown is fit to come back in. I'd be tempted to go 4-5-1 really win the midfield battle. Cause with Hall, Foley, Anderson, Ramshaw, Chandler, Henry they have a lot of quality in that area of the field.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:42 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:What was yesterday's crowd and roughly how many of them were from Darlo?
Not sure but would say more Darlo than home fans.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:44 am

Why did Ed play? Have i missed an announcement?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:04 pm

As regards the crowd figure, when they release it, if you subtract around 150 for the home fans, you will pretty much have the away following. There'll be no official away figure as everyone went in through the same turnstile.
Friendly little affluent village to visit. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the club return to its lowly roots now project bankroll has stopped.

piggy

Post by piggy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:12 pm

shawry wrote:Why did Ed play? Have i missed an announcement?

Apparently Bartlett was needed by Boro

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:What was yesterday's crowd and roughly how many of them were from Darlo?
479 probably 50/50
M I C R A 3

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Friendly little affluent village to visit.
Yes - we got a pleasant surprise, the location was not what I was expecting at all.

And here is something for history nerds - from Wikipedia .. "The foreshore of North Ferriby, within the Humber estuary, is the site of the earliest sewn plank boats known outside Egypt.[3] In 1931, wooden planks belonging to an ancient boat were discovered by a local man on the shore of the Humber. Two further boats have since been discovered. Estimates using radiocarbon dating have placed the origin of the boats to the Bronze Age, between 2030 and 1680 BC. The Ferriby boats are the earliest known boats found in Europe."
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:44 pm

LoidLucan wrote:As regards the crowd figure, when they release it, if you subtract around 150 for the home fans, you will pretty much have the away following. There'll be no official away figure as everyone went in through the same turnstile.
Friendly little affluent village to visit. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the club return to its lowly roots now project bankroll has stopped.
I have to admit I felt really welcomed there, everyone was really friendly even when they were losing, though the ground seems tiny.