Bradley Fewster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

e4sby
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradley Fewster

Post by e4sby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Maybe Fenwick was brought in on a months contract to cover for Beck.

Beck is now fit and Fewster maybe to be brought in at the end of Fenwicks contract?

I wouldn't be against Saunders going out on loan to gain some regular football at a decent level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Spyman wrote:In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Fenwick, and to be honest, i'd be happy to let Caton go in favour of Fewster as well. It's not to say I don't rate either of them, I just happen to think Fewster is an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, could potentially have great resale value.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

H1987 wrote:
Spyman wrote:In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

Fenwick, and to be honest, i'd be happy to let Caton go in favour of Fewster as well. It's not to say I don't rate either of them, I just happen to think Fewster is an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, could potentially have great resale value.
Do you know Fewster is an upgrade? Or are we going on the word of others?

Agree on resale value, but Caton sounds like he's an upgrade on what we had before so is it a bit of an unnecessary risk to swap him out for someone who may or may not be an improvement?
Last edited by Spyman on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:40 am

It's hard to say, but he's shown glimpses he's good enough in the Football League, and it was a surprise to most he has dropped this far down. That suggests to me he could be a level above guys like Fenwick, who I have nothing against, but he hardly shone for York in the National.

Still bizarre this is dragging on. Has no one asked MG in an interview what is going on?

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:21 pm

dfcjosh wrote:Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.
Currently injured no club as yet but Bristol rovers sniffing around, wants to stay in the north east so don't rule out pools or going back to york.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Spyman wrote:
H1987 wrote:

Do you know Fewster is an upgrade? Or are we going on the word of others?

Agree on resale value, but Caton sounds like he's an upgrade on what we had before so is it a bit of an unnecessary risk to swap him out for someone who may or may not be an improvement?
Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.
And Cartman was hardly prolific last season was he. Great work rate but his confidence in front of goal had gone in my opinion.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I think bringing back Cartman would be a backward step.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 pm

loan_star wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
And Cartman was hardly prolific last season was he. Great work rate but his confidence in front of goal had gone in my opinion.
Didn't say he was, i said I don't see Caton being any more prolific when apparently he's an upgrade. There is a reason non of his previous clubs have played him as a central striker. Am fine with him as a player, i just don't see 15 goals in him.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
loan_star wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Didn't say he was, i said I don't see Caton being any more prolific when apparently he's an upgrade. There is a reason non of his previous clubs have played him as a central striker. Am fine with him as a player, i just don't see 15 goals in him.
Isn't he a winger?

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:15 am

roadrunner wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.
Currently injured no club as yet but Bristol rovers sniffing around, wants to stay in the north east so don't rule out pools or going back to york.
Don't think york need a striker and seems like Pools are getting Ryan Bowman. What's all the talk about it having to be done by Thursday? Thought free transfers could be made until March?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 am

dfcjosh wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
Don't think york need a striker and seems like Pools are getting Ryan Bowman. What's all the talk about it having to be done by Thursday? Thought free transfers could be made until March?
There are no restrictions on transfers, this will be to register in time for squad contention on Saturday.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 am

Here's hoping we get him in, i have serious doubts about Fenwick, and Caton needs too many chances (if Saturday is anything to go by). We would've been much better off with Saunders yesterday, they looked vulnerable to pace.