Adam Bartlett

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

roadrunner
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Bartlett

Post by roadrunner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Possibly played his last game today as Middlesbrough have said they need him on a Saturday afternoon at the academy. Has to make the choice but think his day job will take priority after missing saturdays game at north ferriby due to been in Germany with the boro youngsters.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Adam Bartlett

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Bartlett is a great keeper and will take some replacing if this turns out to be the case.

However it's a big ask Middlesbrough are making here. They're asking him to give up a well paid, enjoyable part time job just to turn up for them for an extra half day?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:11 pm

roadrunner wrote:Possibly played his last game today as Middlesbrough have said they need him on a Saturday afternoon at the academy. Has to make the choice but think his day job will take priority after missing saturdays game at north ferriby due to been in Germany with the boro youngsters.
One of the best keepers in the league in my opinions, so hopefully this is as accurate as your Steve McClaren rumour and your rumour that the pitch wasn't going to be ready for the start of the season :thumbup:

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Let's all hope so regarding Bartlett , Regards the McLaren rumours let's see who puts the money in for the seats when we fall short only a month to go.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:42 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Bartlett is a great keeper and will take some replacing if this turns out to be the case.

However it's a big ask Middlesbrough are making here. They're asking him to give up a well paid, enjoyable part time job just to turn up for them for an extra half day?
Coaching will be his main income, not only now, but potentially for the next 20 years.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Beano wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Bartlett is a great keeper and will take some replacing if this turns out to be the case.

Coaching will be his main income, not only now, but potentially for the next 20 years.
Well yes, but ..... they will make him miss out on £10 - 15K a year (guess) just because he can't make a Saturday afternoon. Not very considerate, if true.

If I was Bartlett under this scenario I wouldn't be over happy to say the least.

If true etc etc.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:54 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Well yes, but ..... they will make him miss out on £10 - 15K a year (guess) just because he can't make a Saturday afternoon. Not very considerate, if true.
by the same token if Martin Gray was offered £10k to do something else on a Saturday afternoon would we be as 'considerate'?

FWIW take most things roadrunner says with a pinch of salt until it happens. Clearly some rumours are going to turn out to be true some aren't what will be will be.
Last edited by lo36789 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 am

This would be a big loss if we lose him, lets hope this doesn't happen.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:05 am

lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Well yes, but ..... they will make him miss out on £10 - 15K a year (guess) just because he can't make a Saturday afternoon. Not very considerate, if true.
by the same token if Martin Gray was offered £10k to do something else on a Saturday afternoon would we be as 'considerate'?
Martin Gray already has another job - how many jobs does he want?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am

the point is...if your job is football it is not unreasonable to expect it to have commitments on a Saturday.

That said. The u18s and u16s PL tends to kick off at 11am so would assume he could get away from Rockcliffe at 1PM. I guess where they are at home and we are at home it isn't too problematic (or if we are away in the same area) but all other times it wouldn't work.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 am

What would be a bit strange is Boro only realising now, a month into the season, that they need him on Saturday afternoons. If they wanted him to attend Saturday games, as head GK coach of the kids (as I think he is), surely this would have been known before now?!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:13 am

roadrunner wrote:Let's all hope so regarding Bartlett , Regards the McLaren rumours let's see who puts the money in for the seats when we fall short only a month to go.
But you're keeping strangely quiet on your BS about the pitch not being ready.

Given nothing you've said so far has turned out to be correct, we should take everything you say with a pinch of salt.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:57 am

To be fair to RoadRunner, he did say that the pitch wasn't going to be ready and the first 2 home games were going to be away. We did actually request these matches to be played away (which was denied by the league), and it was clear from the first 2 home games that the seeding hadn't quite sewn in properly given the turf that was coming up.

Personally I feel as though the league showed negligence by not allowing those first 2 fixtures to be moved - but that's a different issue.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Hopefully, this can be resolved amicably between Boro and Adam - obviously not Boro's main priority during the close season.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Would be a disaster to lose Bartlett, he's been fantastic since he joined.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:56 pm

This may explain why Wilczynski was retained after originally being released over the summer.

Not a disaster as he proved himself to be reliable, although obviously Bartlett is outstanding at this level.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Spyman wrote:This may explain why Wilczynski was retained after originally being released over the summer.

Not a disaster as he proved himself to be reliable, although obviously Bartlett is outstanding at this level.
Wilczynski had a shocker against North Ferriby imo.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:This may explain why Wilczynski was retained after originally being released over the summer.

so what are you saying? it is an unmitigated disaster as a result?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 pm

lo36789 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

so what are you saying? it is an unmitigated disaster as a result?
Not at all, he's just not as reliable as people seem.

Fuck me, you need to get out more.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Bartlett supposedly had a shocker on his debut for us by all accounts - didn't make him a bad keeper.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:53 pm

AndyPark wrote:

You saw a different game to me then.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Emdubya wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

You saw a different game to me then.
He didn't cover himself in glory for the goal, but apart from that he didn't have much to do.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 pm

If I remember rightly we had a similar scenario with Dowson when he was with us he missed occasional games due to going overseas with Sunderland academy.

Hopefully this was an arranged trip which was a one off.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:39 pm

I think Bartlett is a bit more senior than Dowson. Thought Dowson was involved in one of the younger age groups whereas Bartlett has a higher level coaching role.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Spyman wrote:Bartlett supposedly had a shocker on his debut for us by all accounts - didn't make him a bad keeper.
I know people have short memories... Ed makes one mistake and he is a bad keeper, god they should give the young lad a break... Not having a go at you Spyman..

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Ed and Bartlett are both quality keepers. I'd prefer Bartlett to stay, but I'd be happy with Ed for the longer term if Bartlett chooses to leave.

Radar

Post by Radar » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:17 pm

There is a huge amount of credence to the original post, however I am
led to believe Bartlett will be playing for us for the foreseeable future.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Wilcznski is more than an able standin/replacement for Bartlett. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped when Bartlett arrived, as he was playing pretty well at the time.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:50 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:Bartlett supposedly had a shocker on his debut for us by all accounts - didn't make him a bad keeper.
I know people have short memories... Ed makes one mistake and he is a bad keeper, god they should give the young lad a break... Not having a go at you Spyman..
Not sure how anyone could construe that you were having a go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am

Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Not sure how anyone could construe that you were having a go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just covering all bases...lol..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk