Fewster signs for Spenny

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker0006
Team Supported: Darlington

Fewster signs for Spenny

Post by Quaker0006 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

According to twitter

Darlobaz79

Re: Fewster signs for Spenny

Post by Darlobaz79 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 pm

lewis1k89

Post by lewis1k89 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Could be a very good signing for them. Looks like Uncle Brad isn't content with sitting in the conference north.

Still, strange goings on this summer. Cartman signs a 2 year contract,Fewster appears in the team photo, Fenwick signs, Cartman goes out on loan, Fenwick leaves, Fewster signs for Spennymoor.

We ideally could do with another striker - I wonder if Gray has anyone else lined up, or if he's happy to go back to Cartman.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 pm

Just wish they would sod off, really sickening news this, looks like Foley AND Brewster have been signed from under our noses.Sadly but they are edging ahead of us now.Cheesed off with this, thought he would be signing for us seeing as Fenwick has gone.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 pm

For all we know, he could have been as s*** as Fenwick.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 pm

Must be that vibe again. Cant think its anything to do with money.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Some folk may remember the last flirtation with a 'striker' whose name was also spelt "F***er' and look where he is now. ;)
Give me a bloke with guts + loyalty rather than a bread head. MG phone Farsley NOW

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Just more fuel to the argument that as we are now we have hit our level, our ceiling. If we can't compete with Spennymoor for these players then we are not going to progress, other financial avenues have to seriously be explored unless we are happy where we are? MG will not settle for this and deep down we aren't either.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Just more fuel to the argument that as we are now we have hit our level, our ceiling. If we can't compete with Spennymoor for these players then we are not going to progress, other financial avenues have to seriously be explored unless we are happy where we are? MG will not settle for this and deep down we aren't either.
Eh? Bankrolled team can pay more than us, so therefore we've hit our level?
Last edited by al_quaker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

It's fine because we're fan owned.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:34 pm

10k signing on fee or 10k into the new seats ?
Say no more

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Until we have the seats we don't need a new striker.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Seems like a mess to me!
Sign new players then get rid of them without them really playing. Fenwick. Richards
New contracts for players then send them on loan without any real game time. Cartman. Wearmouth.
Rumour of player now not allowed to play by his employer! Bartlett.
Include a player in team photo, then fail to sign him. Fewster.
Can you really blame a striker who likes to play football to feet on the ground choosing Spennymoor over us based on last few games which he presumably watched.

Have to say, haven't felt as disappointed for a long time.

He normally gets it right, but at moment I,m afraid Gray seems to have lost the plot! In amongst all of above, not one explanation or acknowledgement of any of it. Please Ray ask the questions in next interview please.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 pm

Have I missed something or have we beaten the league favourites, only lost one game this season and find ourselves in a play off spot?

Yet we are "in a mess" and our manager has "lost the plot"!?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Seems like a mess to me!
Sign new players then get rid of them without them really playing. Fenwick. Richards
New contracts for players then send them on loan without any real game time. Cartman. Wearmouth.
Rumour of player now not allowed to play by his employer! Bartlett.
Include a player in team photo, then fail to sign him. Fewster.
Can you really blame a striker who likes to play football to feet on the ground choosing Spennymoor over us based on last few games which he presumably watched.

Have to say, haven't felt as disappointed for a long time.

He normally gets it right, but at moment I,m afraid Gray seems to have lost the plot! In amongst all of above, not one explanation or acknowledgement of any of it. Please Ray ask the questions in next interview please.
We're 6th in the table after a difficult start to the season. Calm down a bit :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 pm

All spendy need now is another 274 seats and its job done.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:59 pm

roadrunner wrote:10k signing on fee or 10k into the new seats ?
Say no more
Not usually a fan of roadrunner rumour posts, to keep sane I'm choosing to believe this one :lol:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Just cannot understand what is going on behind the scenes.Fewster and Richards in the team photo, then Richards is released and Fewster gets snapped up by that lot.We sign Fenwick, he does not get a look in then he is released and the season is 4 weeks old.As a fan owned club, surely we deserve better communication from the club as to reasons behind this activity (or lack of).The Fewster signing by Spenny now pretty much indicates that we just cannot compete with them financially as quite a few of our rumoured targets have ended up there.Where do we go from here only MG can answer and will us fans be well informed?..somehow I don't think so.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just cannot understand what is going on behind the scenes.Fewster and Richards in the team photo, then Richards is released and Fewster gets snapped up by that lot.We sign Fenwick, he does not get a look in then he is released and the season is 4 weeks old.As a fan owned club, surely we deserve better communication from the club as to reasons behind this activity (or lack of).The Fewster signing by Spenny now pretty much indicates that we just cannot compete with them financially as quite a few of our rumoured targets have ended up there.Where do we go from here only MG can answer and will us fans be well informed?..somehow I don't think so.

This is what I am trying to get at and others are too! It seems like a bit of a mess at the moment and we would like answers to all of these player comings and goings, if we are a fans owned club then surely we should know when players are signing and then as has recently happened why they are ultimately not signing? As for the seating funding, well actually unless there is a significant upturn in investment then we won't be eligible for promotion anyway and will stagnate.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just cannot understand what is going on behind the scenes.Fewster and Richards in the team photo, then Richards is released and Fewster gets snapped up by that lot.We sign Fenwick, he does not get a look in then he is released and the season is 4 weeks old.As a fan owned club, surely we deserve better communication from the club as to reasons behind this activity (or lack of).The Fewster signing by Spenny now pretty much indicates that we just cannot compete with them financially as quite a few of our rumoured targets have ended up there.Where do we go from here only MG can answer and will us fans be well informed?..somehow I don't think so.

This is what I am trying to get at and others are too! It seems like a bit of a mess at the moment and we would like answers to all of these player comings and goings, if we are a fans owned club then surely we should know when players are signing and then as has recently happened why they are ultimately not signing? As for the seating funding, well actually unless there is a significant upturn in investment then we won't be eligible for promotion anyway and will stagnate.
We do know when players are signing.

Which player signings have not been announced?

I'm not sure why Gray felt the need to bring in all these unneccesary/unaffordable players and then release them, or bring in players that we hadn't signed for the team photo.

I'm not sure why he felt it appropriate to go behind the boards/fans backs at the end of last season either.

What I am sure of is that we currently have a squad that is capable of a playoff place.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:38 pm

I doubt we'll make the play-offs, our side is beginning to look weak upfront and in the centre of defence. Shortfalls in the playing budget will not help, for example Fewster. If we struggle on the pitch, then it will be harder to raise cash for the extra seats we need to be considered for promotion.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Has anyone seen Fewster play recently? Had a few injuries, so he might well be another Craddock! As i've posted before, at this level and above, money speaks. Why anyone is suprised, I don't know. Spenny probably do look a more attractive proposition at this time, from a money and infrastructure perspective. The howls for our own sugar daddy will soon fill the air. Hints already in this thread. As for signing Fenwick and Richards then letting them go, can't say it bothers me that much. They obviously haven't delivered what Gray expected based on their trials. We won't have paid anything to sign them, and i'd rather he got rid early if he wasn't going to use them. And perhaps Fewster appeared in our photo because at that point he intended to sign for us when fit, and it's in the interim that Spenny have appeared and trumped us. I would have thought those who think Gray gets to spend whatever he wants would be happy to be proved wrong.
And along comes Pete, wibbling as usual.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Can you really blame a striker who likes to play football to feet on the ground choosing Spennymoor over us based on last few games which he presumably watched.
Interesting theory.

It's galling to see Spennymoor snap up our possible targets but we know from experience what happens when a wealthy individual gets cold feet, gets pissed off or gets broke. We know many times over that bad unforeseen s*** happens, not that I would wish this on any club.

In Mondays programme the new CEO writes about holding meetings re 'the long term sustainable future of the club' and about how he 'must respect confidences' -and how he will 'inform everyone' at the appropriate time.

To me this sounds like something is about to happen backstage, perhaps then a number of things will fall into place.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I doubt we'll make the play-offs, our side is beginning to look weak upfront and in the centre of defence. Shortfalls in the playing budget will not help, for example Fewster. If we struggle on the pitch, then it will be harder to raise cash for the extra seats we need to be considered for promotion.
You are deliberately talking rubbish. Every single syllable of your post can be torn apart as the facts and stats show a completely opposing perspective.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 pm

Dial B for Brodie.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I doubt we'll make the play-offs, our side is beginning to look weak upfront and in the centre of defence. Shortfalls in the playing budget will not help, for example Fewster. If we struggle on the pitch, then it will be harder to raise cash for the extra seats we need to be considered for promotion.
You are deliberately talking rubbish. Every single syllable of your post can be torn apart as the facts and stats show a completely opposing perspective.
You never picked up on the important missing comma lo.

The one that goes here - 'then it will be harder to raise cash for the extra seats we need, to be considered for promotion.'

I mention this as I read it first time round as 'then it will be harder to raise cash for the extra seats. We need to be considered for promotion.' Which sounds just a little desperate.

Pete doubting we'll make the playoffs :crazy:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 pm

Wonder where that Dubai-based guy who wanted to build a complex on Blackwell is nowadays...

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm

dfcjosh wrote:Wonder where that Dubai-based guy who wanted to build a complex on Blackwell is nowadays...
Might as well build it on the whole f**cking town, the way it's going. Darlington is fast becoming a laughing stock...and for me it's not funny! I hoped the football club would put some pride back in the town but this just seems to be failing as much as the rest of the flawed promises.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:54 am

Seems like Fewster has strung us along to get a better deal elsewhere.
Good luck to him, can't be arsed with players like that.