Fewster signs for Spenny

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fewster signs for Spenny

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 pm

quakerste wrote:Lots of over reaction out there regarding Fewster signing for our friends down the road. Personally I couldn't care less, we've had a decent start to the season against teams who I expect to be up there and that includes Spenny.

For me sending Cartman out on loan was the biggest hick so far this season. People say he doesn't score enough I agree, however he offers so much more to the team his work rate and link up play are second to none and I do think think this season he will get a few more goals. Hopefully he will come back and get back into the team.

Take a look at Kiddy and Stockport who lost key players and are already playing catch up. Let's stay positive get the seats in place and finish in the playoffs.

If we do for me the season will have been a success.
To be honest, if Syers, Gilles and Ferguson can all chip in 10+ goals from midfield then the strikers don't need to be prolific anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Someone told me that they know some Boro fans and they couldn't believe Fewster would drop down to play at our level. They reckon he's very good, I guess time will tell whether we missed our on a gem or dodged a bullet.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:34 pm

The point for me isn't that he's signed for spenny instead of us, it's the fact we've signed and jettisoned players in the space of a month.

We had a play off capable side so it didn't really need altering, I understand about keeping things fresh, however with just one automatic spot available it makes more sense to spend our apparent extra available funds on a slightly more important area.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm

1 in 1 out later today according to Craig Stoddart.

Hope it's good news otherwise last nights meltdown will be repeated :lol:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:23 pm

It's a shame, for me. I was excited about the prospect of him signing, and i'm still surprised he hasn't gone higher up the pyramid. We'll see what happens. If he bangs them in and they sell him for a profit, we have egg on our faces. If he flops, we look rather clever.

I suspect it might be the former, and it makes you wonder why we've d*cked around with Fenwick. Who knows. I suspect we haven't seen the last of Carts in a Darlo shirt with this news. Which i'm delighted about in a sense as I really like him. If he's good enough to keep us going in the right direction, i'm slightly less convinced by, but there's others I can think of that would be out of the door first, if we were being ruthless.

As someone pointed out above, i'd also be pretty horrified if we paid out a 10k signing fee when we're begging fans to raise money for the seats. I'd like to think we're not paying out anything like that.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:07 am

H1987 wrote:As someone pointed out above, i'd also be pretty horrified if we paid out a 10k signing fee when we're begging fans to raise money for the seats. I'd like to think we're not paying out anything like that.
£10k signing-on fee - what are you on about? That was a suggestion by a poster that Fewster had received a signing-on fee from Spennymoor. Bradley Fewster had never signed for Darlington FC. David Johnston made it very clear in his programme notes on Monday that unless the Club makes a formal announcement that they have signed for the club, then they have not signed. It is confusing messages like yours that are read by fans and then repeated in the rumour mill/Office of Misinformation as fact.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 am

I don't think H was suggesting we had paid money out. I'd be furious too given the seats situation. If one of those players had been an absolute gem and made a big difference, we'd be happy, wouldn't we? If they were unsigned or on short contracts as seems the case then surely there's nothing lost from giving them a chance and releasing them.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I don't think H was suggesting we had paid money out. I'd be furious too given the seats situation. If one of those players had been an absolute gem and made a big difference, we'd be happy, wouldn't we? If they were unsigned or on short contracts as seems the case then surely there's nothing lost from giving them a chance and releasing them.
Again, the club is usually pretty clear when announcing a signing whether the player is under contract. Therefore I think we can safely assume that neither Richards nor Fenwick were contracted to Darlington FC.
I think a less of a back-handed compliment by H would have made his post a bit clearer.