Jordan Richards leaving

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Jordan Richards leaving

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Full back Jordan Richards, who played in several pre season friendlies for us, has left the club after having his registration cancelled.

We would like to wish Jordan all the best for the future.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield

Re: Jordan Richards leaving

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm

He looked a good footballer in the friendlies .
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Good luck to him. Expect him to end up at Spennymoor since he was also on trial with them in the Summer.

Shame it didn't work out for him, but least we don't have him on a wage bill we can't afford now. I expect Joe Wheatley to be next out the door, followed by Scott Fenwick in a few weeks.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:25 pm

AndyPark wrote:Good luck to him. Expect him to end up at Spennymoor since he was also on trial with them in the Summer.

Shame it didn't work out for him, but least we don't have him on a wage bill we can't afford now. I expect Joe Wheatley to be next out the door, followed by Scott Fenwick in a few weeks.
Makes me wonder what's the point of it all, plus it's really unfair on the players.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Really cannot understand what has happened here, strange signing in the first place with Hunter and Marrs for RB so no way would he settle for reserve football.The Bradley Fewster situation is still odd.....wonder if this frees up wages to bring him in?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:15 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Really cannot understand what has happened here, strange signing in the first place with Hunter and Marrs for RB so no way would he settle for reserve football.The Bradley Fewster situation is still odd.....wonder if this frees up wages to bring him in?

He was registered as a player but don't think he was contracted with us. He therefore wouldn't be getting paid unless he was in a matchday squad thus wouldn't free up much in the way of salary.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:42 pm

But. But. But. It was all budgeted and we could afford to have three right backs and it was what Martin wanted and he's never wrong and it was all in the allocated budget so it's all hunky dory.

For a player to sign, then be released within weeks after not featuring is very bizarre. And it indicates a failing somewhere along the line. I'd be fascinated to know the actual reasoning for him not playing.

I'm laughing my head off at the likes of Trevor Oakley on Twitter - who are proclaiming this is a major mistake and, based on a handful of pre-season games, think he was an upgrade.

You can't judge anything based on pre-season. It's absolutely no comparison to the competitiveness or intensity of the actual league campaign.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Great use of wages when all said and done...suppose if you have a budget might as well spend it ey.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

I think if we have an issue in the squad then it has to be dealt with. However, we don't know all the factors around this hence have to hope MG knows what is best for the club. We can't afford to waste ANY money

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 am

jjljks wrote:I think if we have an issue in the squad then it has to be dealt with. However, we don't know all the factors around this hence have to hope MG knows what is best for the club. We can't afford to waste ANY money

Too right! this thread has too much speculation. There could be many reasons why he hasn't played and why it hasn't worked out - also his situation might not have cost the club any money at all. We simply don't know.

He looked to be a capable player in the 2 friendlies I saw, I hope he gets fixed up with another team.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:55 am

I don't understand why we've signed players for the first team if we don't even pick them for the match-day squad.

There is literally no purpose.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:38 am

Nobody knows the situation better than the manager who has to make decisions on the facts in front of him ,speculation from posters on here and Twitter are just that speculation nothing more ,seems more managers on here and Twitter know everything and nothing about what is going on ,as usual.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am

Beano wrote:I don't understand why we've signed players for the first team if we don't even pick them for the match-day squad.

You can't have a squad of just 16 players for our level of football. As we started off our season strongly Gray was content with picking the same starting 11 and the same bench. Now after the Telford result, he may be prepared to switch things around a little and give other players a chance to show what they can do.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:50 pm

Good timing with Hunter getting injured.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:37 pm

onewayup wrote:Nobody knows the situation better than the manager who has to make decisions on the facts in front of him ,speculation from posters on here and Twitter are just that speculation nothing more ,seems more managers on here and Twitter know everything and nothing about what is going on ,as usual.
Bore off with your "Martin and the board are always right" shtick. They're not and you're becoming tiresome.

There's nothing speculative about saying we signed a player who then didn't feature for us. At best that's a waste of time and effort for everyone involved. That's best case scenario.

And it raises legitimate questions about our transfer priorities.

Now if you want to accept the club's word on everything, that's up to you. But I prefer to think critically and question things.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:39 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Really cannot understand what has happened here, strange signing in the first place with Hunter and Marrs for RB so no way would he settle for reserve football.The Bradley Fewster situation is still odd.....wonder if this frees up wages to bring him in?

Rumour has it that Fewster is currently injured and can't pass a medical. Should sign once his injury is gone.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Well, Roadrunner who seems to be the man who has inside information says he's being looked at by Bristol Rovers but may go to pools or York.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Beano wrote:I don't understand why we've signed players for the first team if we don't even pick them for the match-day squad.

You can't have a squad of just 16 players for our level of football. As we started off our season strongly Gray was content with picking the same starting 11 and the same bench. Now after the Telford result, he may be prepared to switch things around a little and give other players a chance to show what they can do.
You've entirely contradicted yourself. We can't rely on only 16 players, but chose to start the same starting side and bench regardless. If you want decent replacement options, they also need minutes to justify their role to themselves and the spend to the club; you can't keep a squad of 16 players happy, let alone more, if you don't give them any playing time.

I also dislike notions of tiredness when we have several players almost entirely unused.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:23 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, Roadrunner who seems to be the man who has inside information says he's being looked at by Bristol Rovers but may go to pools or York.
Expect to see him sign for someone in the J-League then based on previous insider knowledge.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Beano wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

You've entirely contradicted yourself. We can't rely on only 16 players, but chose to start the same starting side and bench regardless. If you want decent replacement options, they also need minutes to justify their role to themselves and the spend to the club; you can't keep a squad of 16 players happy, let alone more, if you don't give them any playing time.

I also dislike notions of tiredness when we have several players almost entirely unused.
And if he'd changed an unbeaten team and lost, he'd have been criticised. Sometimes you can't win.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:39 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Beano wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

And if he'd changed an unbeaten team and lost, he'd have been criticised. Sometimes you can't win.
Which he did, by dropping Ferguson back to left back unnecessarily.

Few have criticised this decision (on here at least).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 am

He moved Ferguson back to left back when Brown got injured so I’m not sure it was unnecessary. As far as I can think we had no cover at CB so he had to move Galbraith there. It looked the right move at the time although clearly it’s not worked as he’d have liked.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 am

Spyman wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Beano wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Which he did, by dropping Ferguson back to left back unnecessarily.

Few have criticised this decision (on here at least).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
:roll:

Gray originally dropped Ferguson to left-back against York at half-time as Brown was injured. Galbraith shifted to centre-back and defensively we performed very well in the second-half. Galbraith in particular was outstanding and ironically Ferguson still looked very dangerous from deep.

Again against Telford, Brown couldn't play due to injury so Gray went for the same back 5 as the second-half against York. It's obvious that Gray highly rates Galbraith as a CB and if Brown is injured, Burgess isn't 100% and Hunter is performing superbly at RB then it's the most logical decision to put Ferguson left-back. Especially given that for the majority of his career he has played left-back, including the majority of games last season for us where he looked like one of our best players.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote: And if he'd changed an unbeaten team and lost, he'd have been criticised. Sometimes you can't win.
Unbeaten?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 am

We hadn't lost up to Telford had we?

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 am

If we are going to play as direct as we do (which I have no qualms with), we have to have a left footer on the wing.

Otherwise, it is straight long balls from defence which are far easier to defend against.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:We hadn't lost up to Telford had we?

I thought we were on about the Ferriby line up?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

coles

Post by coles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Hmmmm very interesting he has now signed for Fylde in the conference FFS what is going on at the club

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Good move for him. Could be that he registered for us on the proviso that if a good offer from higher up the league came along then he would be free to go
Last edited by loan_star on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:55 pm

loan_star wrote:Good move for him. Could be that he registered for us on the proviso that if angood offer from higher up the league came along then he would be free to go
This was my first thought too. Just a guess mind