Jordan Richards leaving

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Jordan Richards leaving

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:15 pm

coles wrote:Hmmmm very interesting he has now signed for Fylde in the conference FFS what is going on at the club
What do you mean?

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Could be that the management have just decidedly that money will be well spent elsewhere. Can't win can we.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:34 pm

gabbas wrote:Could be that the management have just decidedly that money will be well spent elsewhere. Can't win can we.
I think it's fair enough for folks to question why we're spending money on players we have no real need for, that are moved on after just over a month at the club. What will that month have cost the club in terms of signing on fee and his wages (not sure how long he was here exactly, it might've been 5-6 weeks). I'd guess a couple of grand, which could have been chipped into the pot for the stand rather than wasted?

coles

Post by coles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 pm

lo36789 wrote:
coles wrote:Hmmmm very interesting he has now signed for Fylde in the conference FFS what is going on at the club
What do you mean?
What I meant was that a player deemed not good enough to even make our bench has signed for the champions from our league last season in the league above they clearly like the look of him

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:12 pm

coles wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
What do you mean?
What I meant was that a player deemed not good enough to even make our bench has signed for the champions from our league last season in the league above they clearly like the look of him
How do you know he wasn't deemed good enough? There could be any number of reasons why he wasn't on our bench.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakermass

Post by quakermass » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Hopefully Ray Simpson or Craig Stoddart can get the answers straight from the horses mouth next time they interview Gray. I'm sure there will be good reasons for this, but the communications from the club re the playing side of things has been terrible over the last 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 pm

quakermass wrote: communications from the club re the playing side of things has been terrible over the last 3 years.
To be fair I tend to think the playing side does it's talking on the pitch - and I'd say that's been pretty good.

What communications are you wanting from the club exactly re the playing side of things?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 am

lo36789 wrote:
quakermass wrote: communications from the club re the playing side of things has been terrible over the last 3 years.
To be fair I tend to think the playing side does it's talking on the pitch - and I'd say that's been pretty good.

What communications are you wanting from the club exactly re the playing side of things?
Are you for real, basically a little more feedback,eg Fewster on the team photo then signs for you know who, same with Richards signing for Fylde, the Adam Bartlett situation, Leon Scott's unavailability, the reasons behind Fenwick's release etc etc.And the season is only 4 weeks old!.Why not a little more communication with us fans seeing as we are a fan owned club are we not, and this will eliminate a heck of a lot of speculation and rumours on this message board.Not rocket science is it lo.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

coles

Post by coles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:55 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Are you for real, basically a little more feedback,eg Fewster on the team photo then signs for you know who, same with Richards signing for Fylde, the Adam Bartlett situation, Leon Scott's unavailability, the reasons behind Fenwick's release etc etc.And the season is only 4 weeks old!.Why not a little more communication with us fans seeing as we are a fan owned club are we not, and this will eliminate a heck of a lot of speculation and rumours on this message board.Not rocket science is it lo.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leon was in vegas that one was easy to answer the others are questions I think all fans would like to hear asked. Surely Stod will ask those questions I can understand Ray not asking them as he is inside the camp so to speak so will not want to upset the apple cart. Stod however is a journalist so it's surely in the interests of he echo readers and the fans to ask those questions.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 am

Distance prevents attendance at a fan's forum but aren't these the sorts of questions that can be asked there? I'm sure many teams photo shoots have gaps in them after the transfer flurry. Imagine trying to console your child after buying them a new Barca top with neymar on the back!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Distance prevents attendance at a fan's forum but aren't these the sorts of questions that can be asked there? I'm sure many teams photo shoots have gaps in them after the transfer flurry. Imagine trying to console your child after buying them a new Barca top with neymar on the back!
Will Gray be allowed to speak at any future fan's forum? Or will a volunteer steward with an anaesthetic dart be concealed stage left.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:10 am

Does any club publicise why players are sold/released?

Personally think it would be hugely unprofessional for the club on releasing a player to say "he was released because he wasn't very good".

For me if we release a player it is because he is surplus to requirements. If another club gets a player we were rumoured to be interested in it is because either rumours aren't true, we decided he wasn't what we needed or the other club made a more attractive offer.

I don't need to know which because it doesn't matter.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 am

I think a more pertinent question would be why were there players in our team photo who didn't play for us (Fewster)?

The Bartlett thing is unsubstantiated gossip at the moment.

Fenwick and Richards left for whatever reason, as did Wearmouth. I don't think we need to know the explicit reasons, but the evidence suggests what it suggests and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to make an educated guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

H1987 wrote:
gabbas wrote:Could be that the management have just decidedly that money will be well spent elsewhere. Can't win can we.
I think it's fair enough for folks to question why we're spending money on players we have no real need for, that are moved on after just over a month at the club. What will that month have cost the club in terms of signing on fee and his wages (not sure how long he was here exactly, it might've been 5-6 weeks). I'd guess a couple of grand, which could have been chipped into the pot for the stand rather than wasted?
I'd be very surprised if he got a signing on fee, or anything in wages. Was he even contracted, though it was on non-contract basis. He never made a match day squad so doubt we paid him. Think a deep breath is needed.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:58 am

OFC please don't put ideas in people's heads!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:24 am

Darlogramps wrote:
onewayup wrote:Nobody knows the situation better than the manager who has to make decisions on the facts in front of him ,speculation from posters on here and Twitter are just that speculation nothing more ,seems more managers on here and Twitter know everything and nothing about what is going on ,as usual.
Bore off with your "Martin and the board are always right" shtick. They're not and you're becoming tiresome.

There's nothing speculative about saying we signed a player who then didn't feature for us. At best that's a waste of time and effort for everyone involved. That's best case scenario.

And it raises legitimate questions about our transfer priorities.

Now if you want to accept the club's word on everything, that's up to you. But I prefer to think critically and question things.
Read the post , you do nothing but criticize and question everything and anyone who has an opinion ,always have always will ,get a life . I will always back Darlington f.c through thick and thin.That's what being a supporter is about.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:48 am

there wasn't actually ever an announcement of a contract so if he was pay as you play whilst he was perhaps looking for a return to full time football it makes sense.

Ultimately if he saw himself going back to full time why would he commit to a contract which would then need a transfer fee to release. If he was on a non-contract then a 7 day notice period would have been enough I believe.

We may have lost out on £10/£15 for the players registration fee - I am making that figure up completely as I have no idea what the fee is at NLN level.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 am

onewayup wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
onewayup wrote:Nobody knows the situation better than the manager who has to make decisions on the facts in front of him ,speculation from posters on here and Twitter are just that speculation nothing more ,seems more managers on here and Twitter know everything and nothing about what is going on ,as usual.
Bore off with your "Martin and the board are always right" shtick. They're not and you're becoming tiresome.

There's nothing speculative about saying we signed a player who then didn't feature for us. At best that's a waste of time and effort for everyone involved. That's best case scenario.

Now if you want to accept the club's word on everything, that's up to you. But I prefer to think critically and question things.
Read the post , you do nothing but criticize and question everything and anyone who has an opinion ,always have always will ,get a life . I will always back Darlington f.c through thick and thin.That's what being a supporter is about.
Being a supporter is all about wanting what is best for the club.

Questioning where you think wrong decisions have been made is a legitimate symptom of wanting what is best for the club.

If Martin Gray decided to play Adam Bartlett up front and Nathan Cartman in goal, he'd be questioned (I hope) by the majority of supporters.

If the board decided to make entrance to games free for the rest of the season, they'd be questioned (I hope) by the majority of supporters.

These are of course extreme examples but there's no finite line as to what we can and what we can't question as supporters.

George Reynolds didn't like being challenged by supporters. In hindsight I think we're all glad that some challenged him though.

DC

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:41 am

At least he got some game time with Flyde at the weekend in the league above.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:00 pm

onewayup wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Yep, I question people's opinions and I question decisions that are made. That's my right and it's a good thing. It's worrying that you say being objective is a negative.

If you want to accept everything you're told unquestioningly be my guest, but you've just lost any right to any sort of respect.

You're basically a brain-dead zombie. No original thoughts and a desperate desire to be led and to tell the club how wonderful they are. That's a pathetic existence.

That kind of attitude is neither intelligent or productive. Now you get back to cheerleading for the club and I'll continue to be more objective.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:22 pm

How do you question things? By posting messages on here?

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I think its healthy to question things and whilst sometimes "onewayup" has his rallying calls and moments, things have never really been properly communicated from the start at this club.

I read somewhere we got a fee for Richards which is hard to believe, but either way, we have moved people on for money and I'm starting to think Gray has been told to tighten his belt.

Gray has it very easy in regards to interviews, I watched York's managers interview after they whacked BPA and to be honest it was 7 minutes of insightful comments in regards to the club, something fans love and it stokes the fire to know the ins and outs. Was it impossible for Ray to ask after Southport something along the lines of "Struggling to put chances away aren't we, so can you update us on Cartman and what happened with Fewster?" Doesn't have to be aggressive, just naturally inquisitive.

Not to mention turning up to a Fans Forum and being told by Gray that his ambitions aren't met by us mere mortals and he wants the club to walk the plank again, wasn't really what I was expecting, maybe this opinion of his could've been aired before it was thrust upon people, via the right channels.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

TDS wrote:Gray has it very easy in regards to interviews, I watched York's managers interview after they whacked BPA and to be honest it was 7 minutes of insightful comments in regards to the club, something fans love and it stokes the fire to know the ins and outs. Was it impossible for Ray to ask after Southport something along the lines of "Struggling to put chances away aren't we, so can you update us on Cartman and what happened with Fewster?" Doesn't have to be aggressive, just naturally inquisitive.
In one sense I agree but whenever I see an interview in which Gray gets questions he doesn't like, he tends to shut down the interview with one word aggressive answers.

I honestly can't see things changing, Ray is not going to do it and Stoddart has to keep a working relationship with MG also.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Sounds really childish from Gray if that's the case.

We should be entitled to get answers about things we want to ask, we shouldn't be afraid of Gray or what his response is.

He's not bigger than the club and we should be pushing these types of question onto him.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Undercovered wrote:How do you question things? By posting messages on here?
Well if someone posts an opinion on here, it's a fair bet that if I'm questioning that opinion, it would have to be on this messageboard.

As for club matters, this board is read by leading members of the DFCSG, club board members and players. I think this board is viewed as being a fair barometer for fan opinion. So yes, if there are concerns being discussed on here, it'll be fed back to the club.

There are several instances of issues raised on here being acted on by the club. Make a snide little comment if you wish, but actually I think it's fair to say this board can be and has been quite influential at times.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm

AndyPark wrote:Sounds really childish from Gray if that's the case.

We should be entitled to get answers about things we want to ask, we shouldn't be afraid of Gray or what his response is.

He's not bigger than the club and we should be pushing these types of question onto him.
It's just my opinion on what I see, others may think differently but for me that's why we often don't get those questions answered.

On the flipside on occasions I have been surprised with the honesty from Gray, this may just be because my expectations are not high of the interviews.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Undercovered wrote:How do you question things? By posting messages on here?
Well if someone posts an opinion on here, it's a fair bet that if I'm questioning that opinion, it would have to be on this messageboard.

As for club matters, this board is read by leading members of the DFCSG, club board members and players. I think this board is viewed as being a fair barometer for fan opinion. So yes, if there are concerns being discussed on here, it'll be fed back to the club.

There are several instances of issues raised on here being acted on by the club. Make a snide little comment if you wish, but actually I think it's fair to say this board can be and has been quite influential at times.
I don’t disagree but this board is much less influential than it used to be these days. There’s vastly fewer posters and much less activity. I guess it’s a natural consequence of the increase in Twitter and Facebook, as well as I think the fact that since 2012 quite a few folks who were anonymous got kind of smoked out and stuck in.

I do like a read though, there’s still some interesting debates and also some stuff that’s quite funny at times, and there’s no doubt that without it we probably would still not have a club.

I’d be interested to see the volume of posts and views over the last few years, just out of curiosity.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:26 pm

m62exile wrote:I’d be interested to see the volume of posts and views over the last few years, just out of curiosity.
I hold you personally responsible for what comes next if Darlo_Pete reads this.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:
m62exile wrote:I’d be interested to see the volume of posts and views over the last few years, just out of curiosity.
Haha yep it crossed my mind too. Can he resist!

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 pm

m62exile wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Haha yep it crossed my mind too. Can he resist!
I f*****g hope so...
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”